2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

2 hours ago, xiaosi01 said:

@t0y0ta thank you for the advice. 👍🏼

At least you got a 2.0 luxury sedan at 140k..... already saved a lot of money compared to 320 or C180... now is time you may need to re-invest some of the savings 😁

↡ Advertisement

18 hours ago, xiaosi01 said:

Mileage is 60000km now. Car is 4 years old. Still have 1 year warranty with Audi. All along servicing with Audi and car in stock condition. 

main seal should be under warranty. it can be a wear item but at a much higher mileage typically above 100k. i think you need to insist. try to see if you can search the web for main seal warranty in other countries.

The other thing to note is if this warranty is by Audi Singapore via insurance base or via Audi GmbH which is the factory warranty. if insurance based, typically they come up with all cock and bull to deny.

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

main seal should be under warranty. it can be a wear item but at a much higher mileage typically above 100k. i think you need to insist. try to see if you can search the web for main seal warranty in other countries.

The other thing to note is if this warranty is by Audi Singapore via insurance base or via Audi GmbH which is the factory warranty. if insurance based, typically they come up with all cock and bull to deny.

TS had said 4th year.... most probably insurance based. And this should be a really big ticket labour item.

5 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

TS had said 4th year.... most probably insurance based. And this should be a really big ticket labour item.

yeah. 1st 3 year claim Audi, 4th and 5th year is local warranty right?

• Haha! 1

47 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

yeah. 1st 3 year claim Audi, 4th and 5th year is local warranty right?

4th and 5th year on paper is warranty but most of the time is claim ownself. 😁

@Mkl22 Hi Guys, to update. Audi Singapore finally honor the warranty claim for my main seal leak issue after I wrote them a long email and attached the Audi warranty handbook. Handbook did not mentioned main seal is consider wear and tear And my car is only 4 years old. 

• Praise 9

@ziege 

On 3/27/2018 at 9:12 PM, ziege said:

the 16 " are indeed forged rims and are around 7+ kg each. Compared to the A3's 16 " rims, those are around 10kg each

Confirmed forged.

look at the rear of the rim.

Wordings are engraving and don’t see any indentations or recesses that look casted from mould 

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, 183795_1566627385 said:

Hi, I am new here. Would like to seek some advice from the pros if going 18" makes more sense or 19 for A4 1.4 B9. Thank you 

Larger rims will be heavier and you have a tiny 1.4 putting out barely 150hp to push along that Conti barge. Some may argue that aftermarket rims are lighter than stock, then I would argue apples to apples aftermarket 18 is always lighter than 19 in the same design too. It is always going to cost you performance and fuel economy.

Going larger rim also means you lose comfort due to less sidewall.

Finally, the car looks funny if it has big rims but tiny brake rotors.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:29 AM, Macrosszero said:

Larger rims will be heavier and you have a tiny 1.4 putting out barely 150hp to push along that Conti barge. Some may argue that aftermarket rims are lighter than stock, then I would argue apples to apples aftermarket 18 is always lighter than 19 in the same design too. It is always going to cost you performance and fuel economy.

Going larger rim also means you lose comfort due to less sidewall.

Finally, the car looks funny if it has big rims but tiny brake rotors.

aww, thank you for sharing!

↡ Advertisement