2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

thanks for advise. its very good deal as the outgoing old model was going at $149999 2 months ago management unit somemore. so only 5k more for the new model, enjoy your new ride soon.

Virtual cockpit is an option, not standard, and quite expensive one at that I reckon. So mine will have analog speedometer cluster. The middle portion in between both speedo cluster is color display for digital speedo and some others.

Matrix LED DRL + LED front headlamps + LED rear lamps + LED sweeping style amber lights = All standard on both trims. I think the base trim kit is quite okay already. The additional $10,000 is mostly cosmetic difference + memory seats for driver.

Colors wise not much to choose from, the usual black/silver/red/white for now. Doesn't matter as I only buy Black color cars.

↡ Advertisement

thanks for advise. its very good deal as the outgoing old model was going at $149999 2 months ago management unit somemore. so only 5k more for the new model, enjoy your new ride soon.

Actually the old model non-demo or non-mgt unit was going at $155k too. I know because my agent kept me updated, she know I was waiting for the new A4. So considering no price increase for a new model.. okay lah, just buy.

Cockpit costs $7.5k more, apparently. What a ripoff...

That's how this luxury brands make money. Tempt you with low price barebone base model. Then cut you on the options.

I didn't & I only know the virtual cock pit is one of them.. the other is upgrade to 18" alloy rims & tires. Since standard is 17" ones.

Think the B&O sound system is also an option.

Think the B&O sound system is also an option.

Yeah. The stock ones is factory fitted with 12 speakers. But I buy cars never go for options one. I v ganjiong, options means additional waiting time because must indent.

Yeah. The stock ones is factory fitted with 12 speakers. But I buy cars never go for options one. I v ganjiong, options means additional waiting time because must indent.

Audi is too sly. Market A4 with B&O and digital cockpit. End up remove and put them as option, give you skeleton...

Audi is too sly. Market A4 with B&O and digital cockpit. End up remove and put them as option, give you skeleton...

virtual cockpit is the key selling point of the new A4. Otherwise, its not much changes from the outgoing model. 

The new design frameless rearview mirror is also a nice touch. Only newer Volvos have the same. New Merc and bimmer still have not caught up with the design. 

Does the 1.4T comes with new MMI entertainment console? The new 8 shortcut button is a nice copy from bmw   

Actually the old model non-demo or non-mgt unit was going at $155k too. I know because my agent kept me updated, she know I was waiting for the new A4. So considering no price increase for a new model.. okay lah, just buy.

Wa bro u are both young and promising, able to buy such nice cars while below 30. Well done!

• Praise 6

virtual cockpit is the key selling point of the new A4. Otherwise, its not much changes from the outgoing model.

The new design frameless rearview mirror is also a nice touch. Only newer Volvos have the same. New Merc and bimmer still have not caught up with the design.

Does the 1.4T comes with new MMI entertainment console? The new 8 shortcut button is a nice copy from bmw

Yea the cockpit is the selling point. Guess audi can only get minium A6. The only thing premium about cars below A6 is only the badge...

Under infotainment category, I see:

1. Audi sound system (factory branded)

2. Instrument insert with km/h speedometer

3. Driver info system with color display

4. MMI Radio plus

5. Bluetooth interface

6. Smartphone package (Apple car play)

Frameless rear view mirror - What's the draw here? Just because frameless?

Under infotainment category, I see:

1. Audi sound system (factory branded)

2. Instrument insert with km/h speedometer

3. Driver info system with color display

4. MMI Radio plus

5. Bluetooth interface

6. Smartphone package (Apple car play)

Frameless rear view mirror - What's the draw here? Just because frameless?

Apple carplay is a huge plus ... for iPhone users. 

frameless rear view mirror provides seamless view between front windscreen and rear view mirror.  may not be much to some people, but i think its a cool design. 

Audi seems to be copying the right stuff from here and there to make their cars ergonomically functional yet stylish. The virtual cockpit is a must have.

• Praise 1

don't mind me asking, 3 years servicing package not included? 

Yeah. SE told me $154,999 is nett. She fight for higher trade in value for my existing ride, more than other dealer. Hence, I am on non-guaranteed COE package but she told me PA quite aggressive and she's confident can collect car soon, no need wait until the max 6 bids. 

I actually checked out the Jaguar XE 2.0 turbodiesel ($159,999 nett) before going to Audi. But both the exterior and interior design didn't move me at all. The interior design made me feel like I am sitting in a very big bowl. In terms of interior design, space and choice of materials, the A4 seems slightly ahead. Also, according to my finance minister, the Jaguar image didn't really suit me as I am below 30 years old.

I also shortlisted the C180.. but it's so common now and it's been out for 1-2 years already. Price wise, over the phone, I was told $166,000 with trade in + loan so that's $11,000 above the newly launched A4. 

So for the A4 1.4TFSI @ $154,999, I got:

*1 year road tax
*Solar films

*Floor mats
*Front camera - Which I didn't want and opted for the Audi Logo down-light (shine from door below)

*Standard is 16" alloy rims but comes with free upgrade to 17" alloy rims (I can choose from 7-8 designs) and tires (this upgrade happens 2 months after car collection - very weird arrangement in my opinion)

*2 trim level - Above price is cheaper one.. So the front grille design doesn't come with the multiple horizontal chrome inserts but my SE say can throw in

*Chrome exhaust tip

I think that was all. Didn't push further since my SE already help me fight for better trade in value.

don't mind me asking, 3 years servicing package not included? 

3 years free servicing or uo to 80,000km. I'm told normal servicing at PA would cost around SGD $400+ each time. Major servicing I reckon maybe more.

Apple carplay is a huge plus ... for iPhone users. 

frameless rear view mirror provides seamless view between front windscreen and rear view mirror.  may not be much to some people, but i think its a cool design. 

Audi seems to be copying the right stuff from here and there to make their cars ergonomically functional yet stylish. The virtual cockpit is a must have.

Apple car play enables the use of apps like Google Maps onto the Audi head unit. Don't need an integrated GPS for this A4.

Also have voice commands to call people on your contact list.

Dunno what is the MMI radio plus though.. Maybe when I go settle my downpayment, I will enquire more  [:)]

3 years free servicing or uo to 80,000km. I'm told normal servicing at PA would cost around SGD $400+ each time. Major servicing I reckon maybe more.

Apple car play enables the use of apps like Google Maps onto the Audi head unit. Don't need an integrated GPS for this A4.

Also have voice commands to call people on your contact list.

Dunno what is the MMI radio plus though.. Maybe when I go settle my downpayment, I will enquire more  [:)]

With Apple CarPlay, you dont need the radio, CD player, GPS, or anything else that comes with it. Just ensure your mobile data plan is unlimited. 

With the virtual cockpit, the best thing is, google maps from ApplePlay actually projects it to the cockpit, compete with streetview and/or satellite map and traffic condition. Cool

Hi bro, can you please ask one more question?

I doubt the virtual cockpit can last 10 years, please could you ask them what is the replacement cost of this virtual cockpit should it break down after warranty period?

Thank you! :grin:

• Praise 1

Current price is $154,999, with 1 year free road tax. Solar film and floor mats.

SE told me the 7 speeder dual clutch is wet clutch version, not sure how true. Performance is adequate considering the size of the engine - 1.5L turbocharged squeezing out 150BHP 250nm of torque. Figures for 0-100km/h is 8.5s. It feels slightly faster than this. Maybe all aluminium engine block?

2 trim levels available, difference of $10,000. Said price above is cheaper one. Main difference is some cosmetic changes like front lower side bumper missing some chrome trim, rear diffuser missing some chrome trim, driver don't have memory seats (only electric for both sides), missing faux leather trim on the gear box centre console where your knee will rest?

I quite like the corporate design thats stretched across the entire Audi range but the interior won it for me with its new design language that isn't found in the outgoing models like Q3, A5.. even the more recent A6 or A3. Mercedes Benz and BMW also have very similar design language across their offerings.. just S M L XL for different budget. Well the front LED headlights with matrix style DRL is also a nice touch.. together with the rear sweeping style amber lights.

Boot is sensor (sweep your leg below bumper to open), no electric tail gate. Car interior comes with full leather upholstery, ambient lighting and knock down rear seats. Infotainment system will be Apple car play which you can use your phone's GPS & other apps. Voice activation to call. Audi drive select to change throttle and suspension setup. 

I'm trading in my 1 year old Japanese car to buy this. Sian of Japanese quality. Wanna give them a chance to impress but still disappoints.

Thanks for sharing. I am not doubting your account or your SE's account.

However, 7 speed wet clutch gearbox should be able to handle more than 250 Nm.

And thus the stock specification of having the torque at 250 Nm is still suspect to me (and that is just me only [laugh] ) that they are still equipped this new models with the 7 speed "dry clutch" gearbox.

• Praise 1

Thanks for sharing. I am not doubting your account or your SE's account.

However, 7 speed wet clutch gearbox should be able to handle more than 250 Nm.

And thus the stock specification of having the torque at 250 Nm is still suspect to me (and that is just me only [laugh] ) that they are still equipped this new models with the 7 speed "dry clutch" gearbox.

It seems like 7speed dsg come in 2 version, one is max 250nm while the other can be up to 600nm. Guess it depend on which version of 7speed dsg was installed.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1