IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

I've BlackVue on the front windscreen. Isit necessary to install another set at the rear just incase someone kiss your bumper and you've solid proof to show your insurance for damages claim.
Anyone done before?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Internal Moderator

I've BlackVue on the front windscreen. Isit necessary to install another set at the rear just incase someone kiss your bumper and you've solid proof to show your insurance for damages claim.

Anyone done before?

Some people say actually rear camera more important than front camera.

I would say it's best to have both judging by the way people are driving on the road these-days. Leave no areas to be disputed.

• Praise 3

Anyone done before?

Many have done that... best is to have cams covering all sides...

• Praise 3

iRoad User too.

previously a V7 user, now a V9.

V7 is a very good cam but upgrade to the V9 becos of FHD.

No regrets.

• Praise 3

iRoad User too.

previously a V7 user, now a V9.

V7 is a very good cam but upgrade to the V9 becos of FHD.

No regrets.

bro, you used v7 for how long before changing to v9?

currently me on v7 for around 8 months.

• Praise 2

bro, you used v7 for how long before changing to v9?

currently me on v7 for around 8 months.

I bought V7 during Sitex Nov 2014 and has used it till Jun this year.

I bought the V9 Pre Launch Sale during IT Show Mar 2015 while shopping for a laser printer. I only got to install it during Jun as they has just launched the cam.

• Praise 3

Im currently on v7.. Pretty good so far.. Hot hot under sun also working well. Resolution wise still clear during daylight. Love the wifi function.. Easy to operate and save videos

• Praise 4

I bought V7 during Sitex Nov 2014 and has used it till Jun this year.

I bought the V9 Pre Launch Sale during IT Show Mar 2015 while shopping for a laser printer. I only got to install it during Jun as they has just launched the cam.

Hi hi,

Does the V9 uses the same cable as V7 or we need to re-run the cables as well? (e.g. plug and play to switch from V7 to V9 without cable change)

Thanks.

• Praise 4

v7 users - does ur motion detect during parking work?

mine seem to record non stop so now I jus unplug it totally.

about 6+mths usage.

• Praise 3

v7 users - does ur motion detect during parking work?

mine seem to record non stop so now I jus unplug it totally.

about 6+mths usage.

Mine same...

thought they were to fix it with some update?

• Praise 4

Mine same...

thought they were to fix it with some update?

ok thk I wil call my installer and wil update...been dragging my feet on this for easily 3mths & counting haha..

Hi hi,

Does the V9 uses the same cable as V7 or we need to re-run the cables as well? (e.g. plug and play to switch from V7 to V9 without cable change)

Thanks.

Hi,

I think only the rear cable of V7 & V9 is different.

Hope that helps...

• Praise 2

ok thk I wil call my installer and wil update...been dragging my feet on this for easily 3mths & counting haha..

I have been using V9 for 3 weeks. No experience with V7. Prior to buying V9, I wrote in through their website asking about V7 motion detect problem and whether V9 will have the same problem. The friendly Korean customer support replied as follows:

"V7 and T8 have sensitive detection sensors in there, which detect even small motions and light. We usually recommend customers to adjust the setting of sensitivity low and most of cases have been fine. V9 is the latest model which was considered some advises from consumers. So, It will be fine for V9 on this matter. "

So, please try changing the sensitivity setting to low if you are V7 users. I also read a lot forum users said a fix will be released bla bla bla .. not sure if there will ever be if it is a hardware design fault or if they want to promote newer model.

V9 confirmed don't have the problem.

• Praise 4

For V7, If I turn off the impact and parking mode, only turn on motion. What mean har??

For V7, If I turn off the impact and parking mode, only turn on motion. What mean har??

• Praise 3

I have been using V9 for 3 weeks. No experience with V7. Prior to buying V9, I wrote in through their website asking about V7 motion detect problem and whether V9 will have the same problem. The friendly Korean customer support replied as follows:

"V7 and T8 have sensitive detection sensors in there, which detect even small motions and light. We usually recommend customers to adjust the setting of sensitivity low and most of cases have been fine. V9 is the latest model which was considered some advises from consumers. So, It will be fine for V9 on this matter. "

So, please try changing the sensitivity setting to low if you are V7 users. I also read a lot forum users said a fix will be released bla bla bla .. not sure if there will ever be if it is a hardware design fault or if they want to promote newer model.

V9 confirmed don't have the problem.

Tks for the above bro. Prob tom morning I try the sensitivity thing n see if it solves the prob.

(edited)

What's the price now for V9 ah? Quality wise comparable to Thinkware F750?

Retailing at 490(not forgetting it's a 2ch FHD DVR).

My advise is to buy it when they are doing roadshow during itshow, sitex or pc show.... will be cheaper...

I never use thinkware before so can't comment.... but iRoad cam is worth every penny. it serves me well up till now. No regrets...

Edited by Kk13
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1