IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

How is the image resolution? Clear at night? Especially while on the move...

V9 (FHD) image resolution is brighter and sharper as compared to V7 (HD)... I try to post it later.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

How is the image resolution? Clear at night? Especially while on the move...

Why pay so much for a camera? The important of a car camera is able to operate reliably and capture clear image both day and night, let me recommend you i66A. The i66A can do what the "branded" does at a lower cost, it come with a promotion of $138 (usual price $168.00) which include 32G MicroSD card and Power Box now. If you want a park recording, we offer battery pack which coming in early Aug 15 that not only works but also flexibility and low maintenance cost. Don't trust this new camera? Look at the review by some of our users or get a 7day free trial yourself. Customer who trial getting one because they do not want to pay for over price one which does the same thing since car today already every expensive. Interested to try it out, PM me. :)

• Praise 2

Why pay so much for a camera? The important of a car camera is able to operate reliably and capture clear image both day and night, let me recommend you i66A (see website www.inspirland.com for more detail). The i66A can do what the "branded" does at a lower cost, it come with a promotion of $138 (usual price $168.00) which include 32G MicroSD card and Power Box now. If you want a park recording, we offer battery pack which coming in early Aug 15 that not only works but also flexibility and low maintenance cost. Don't trust this new camera? Look at the review by some of our users or get a 7day free trial yourself. Customer who trial getting one because they do not want to pay for over price one which does the same thing since car today already every expensive. Interested to try it out, PM me. :)

Congrats bro for having a new brand competitor for drivers to choose from.

however, just my feel that the price is not really that attractive as i bought my iroad v7 set during year end some pc show at 199; which comes with front and back and gps sensor and not forgetting a free gift of handphone holder which said to be cost of $30. But if u r comparing with thinkware or black vue, then ur product is indeed cheap.especially it comes with a power pack. Just my 2 cents of thoughts.no hard feelings :) more brands to choose from is always beneficial to us consumers.

hahahaha

• Praise 1

Congrats bro for having a new brand competitor for drivers to choose from.

however, just my feel that the price is not really that attractive as i bought my iroad v7 set during year end some pc show at 199; which comes with front and back and gps sensor and not forgetting a free gift of handphone holder which said to be cost of $30. But if u r comparing with thinkware or black vue, then ur product is indeed cheap.especially it comes with a power pack. Just my 2 cents of thoughts.no hard feelings :) more brands to choose from is always beneficial to us consumers.

hahahaha

Bro, you are not doing apple to apple comparison, check out the specification of both camera first. The rear camera that connect to the main unit never clear as the main one because the the processor on the main unit have limitation in taking care both camera operation and recording as these are done by software, both camera recorded image also take up the storage fast (especially in park recording) which is useless if you think about it. A lot of people don't understand this and still think such feature are great but reality it does not work perfectly. i66A also have a brother model which come with 2 camera version (almost same price) but I don't believe in giving something to customer that does not work properly, with the price the user can get 2 camera and don't have to worry about issue of quality, For GPS sensor and handphone holder, these are cheap thing (they are just for marketing and less than $20 the most). Ask yourself, do you think GPS help and benefit you or a feature that you most properly don't use at all. That is why I don't want to put it in, instead I give a power box in that package of $138 that the user can have their camera install siu siu without cable running over the lighter. Well bro, think of the usability instead of free gift, you will not pay for thing that don't need and waste money (of cause if you have too much money and no where to spend.. heee.. don't mind just kidding).

Bro, you are not doing apple to apple comparison, check out the specification of both camera first. The rear camera that connect to the main unit never clear as the main one because the the processor on the main unit have limitation in taking care both camera operation and recording as these are done by software, both camera recorded image also take up the storage fast (especially in park recording) which is useless if you think about it. A lot of people don't understand this and still think such feature are great but reality it does not work perfectly. i66A also have a brother model which come with 2 camera version (almost same price) but I don't believe in giving something to customer that does not work properly, with the price the user can get 2 camera and don't have to worry about issue of quality, For GPS sensor and handphone holder, these are cheap thing (they are just for marketing and less than $20 the most). Ask yourself, do you think GPS help and benefit you or a feature that you most properly don't use at all. That is why I don't want to put it in, instead I give a power box in that package of $138 that the user can have their camera install siu siu without cable running over the lighter. Well bro, think of the usability instead of free gift, you will not pay for thing that don't need and waste money (of cause if you have too much money and no where to spend.. heee.. don't mind just kidding).

Hahaha, cheers bro. for me, i think the rear camera can be important also. for me at least lah. dunno how many others will think the same as me :D hee.

no lah. no much money. have money that time no need to go around searching for the best deals and just go ahead for the branded black vue or thinkware liao lor.

Anyone tried to use aftermarket SD card? Can it be done?

Of course can, but please use class10 and above...

Neutral Newbie

Hi hi,

Does the V9 uses the same cable as V7 or we need to re-run the cables as well? (e.g. plug and play to switch from V7 to V9 without cable change)

Thanks.

The wires are totally diffrent.

• Praise 2

Ytd, I powered off the unit and inserted a 64gb Samsung evo card into the v9 and the unit says "card is damaged and cannot be use". I then took it out and inserted the original and got the same message. I then power off and on again and it worked again with the stock card.

:dizzy:

how's the full hd quality for v9? might consider getting that for a new ride.

my v7 works fine for the past 6 months.

Neutral Newbie

The v9 is full HD quality, comparable to blackvue dr650gw but without safety features as compared to finevu cameras.

• Praise 1

anyw jus my update aft finally plugging in again to use aft more than 2 months.

the thing immediately did a firmware update.

as advised by bros here, I turned down the sensitivity to lowest.

result - still recording non-stop [crazy]

I understand battery supposed to cut off (now I suspect if this is one of its airy fairy function that doesn't work) but more imptly is it only captures the last 1 hr of recording due to capacity of SD card. seemingly there is no off button too other than to unplug.

@daywalker - fyi bro.

• Praise 5

I understand battery supposed to cut off (now I suspect if this is one of its airy fairy function that doesn't work) but more imptly is it only captures the last 1 hr of recording due to capacity of SD card. seemingly there is no off button too other than to unplug.

@daywalker - fyi bro.

You must have pay a lot of this camera and it does not even give you the basic function you need for a camera. Why don't you try i66A camera, the camera can last at least 5 hours if it goes for continuing recording on a 32GB memory card. i66A camera come with motion detect set by default as medium and it works only when an object move across, it also come with battery pack solutions which can run the camera for 14 - 29 hours depend on the battery pack use. Camera have good quality and specification, camera test to run on hot sun using battery pack for more than 2 hours with cabin temperature around 60-80 deg without any breakdown. Price of the camera much lower than other branded one. It worth every cents you invest on it.

I suppose you pays your money and you makes your choice because I ain't seen any concensus on quality for the best of these cameras on MCF.

And who does the best fitting to your car?

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

AA got special buy for members..iroad T8 in car camera is a dual camera with 3.5 inch full touch LCD 2 channel. at $250 valid with AA membership renewal.

Worth to buy?

@daywalker - fyi bro.

Hi,

Can you list out the settings? I think there is a setting that it will record when there is a motion in front of the camera or impact, otherwise it will not record. As such, it will not be recording continuously. You need to test it out and see. (Can't help you cuz I am overseas right now so I can't see my settings).

You must be using the standard SD card that came with the IRoad. Try getting a higher memory one. Actually, my concern is whether the usual brands of memory cards can withstand the heat. My concern is addressed because I saw on Sandisk website that there is high temp micro SD card.

I do agree that there is no on/off switch, so what I do is unplug the power supply.

• Praise 1

You must have pay a lot of this camera and it does not even give you the basic function you need for a camera. Why don't you try i66A camera, the camera can last at least 5 hours if it goes for continuing recording on a 32GB memory card. i66A camera come with motion detect set by default as medium and it works only when an object move across, it also come with battery pack solutions which can run the camera for 14 - 29 hours depend on the battery pack use. Camera have good quality and specification, camera test to run on hot sun using battery pack for more than 2 hours with cabin temperature around 60-80 deg without any breakdown. Price of the camera much lower than other branded one. It worth every cents you invest on it.

Perhaps your sales pitch should be on new customers rather than targeting existing customers and comparing i66a with what people already are owing. That way more will come to know i66A positively.

Do you think that after spending "a lot" on this camera, people want to buy a new camera to replace unless the existing one is spoiled?

• Praise 1

AA got special buy for members..iroad T8 in car camera is a dual camera with 3.5 inch full touch LCD 2 channel. at $250 valid with AA membership renewal.

Worth to buy?

Hi Din,

It's quite BIG as compared with the V9 because it has a screen to view. Actually, with the V9, you can connected to it via wifi to your phone and view the video.

The T8, i believe, can wifi to the phone too. I think the rear is not HD though.

$250 I think it's a good buy as the listed price is $380

Hi Din,

It's quite BIG as compared with the V9 because it has a screen to view. Actually, with the V9, you can connected to it via wifi to your phone and view the video.

The T8, i believe, can wifi to the phone too. I think the rear is not HD though.

$250 I think it's a good buy as the listed price is $380

why you so formal and whatsapp spoil ar....

usually he post liao go sleep.... won't come and see de

why you so formal and whatsapp spoil ar....

usually he post liao go sleep.... won't come and see de

Hi GS,

Am I formal? I post here so others can see too.

Btw Din, T8 is not full HD and the rear is 480

↡ Advertisement