IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

bro, can take a pic of the switch?

thanks.

For the benefits of those who wants to know how the switch is installed on my car for the V9 cam. It is just a small switch hidden in front of the driver's seat near the brake paddle.

post-163884-0-88615700-1451441847_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

For the benefits of those who wants to know how the switch is installed on my car for the V9 cam. It is just a small switch hidden in front of the driver's seat near the brake paddle.

nicely done bro.

• Praise 1

Very good workmanship.

did a switch for the iRoad at Car Beauty Centre. quite well done i think for $15

bro, how long it took? and u just walk in or need to make any appointment?

and just curious, should we change to another cam, can this switch be used for the other cam as well?

cos afraid will leave a permanent hole there.

thanks.

bro, how long it took? and u just walk in or need to make any appointment?

and just curious, should we change to another cam, can this switch be used for the other cam as well?

cos afraid will leave a permanent hole there.

thanks.

I did other stuff there so it took longer. But I didn't make appt .

Not sure about your 2nd question. I suppose it's possible to reuse

It seems like my camera is off upon parking for my car. Is it easy to re-wire yourself such that parking mode can be enabled or do I need to get some shop to rewire for me? If so, how much will it cost?

• Praise 1

U plug in to the cigarette lighter socket?

It comes with the new car. It is not plugged to the cigarette lighter socket. Suspect it could be wired to the ignition and not to the battery. Do you know how do I check?

if iinstalling a new sd card. do I have to format the sd card first? and if yes, in what format?

Don't need. Just plug in and let the machine do the work... but has to be patient... refer to my earlier post #161

• Praise 2

I find the wifi recep also keep disconnecting. Quite cock sure is due to heat, so I add a 15cm usb ext cable, and plug the wifi away from the unit. This serves few purpose:

1. Heat from the wifi wont be trapped/transferred to the unit. The unit is actually MUCH cooler now.

2. I can hide the wifi under the sun shade, so less heat from sun.

3. The usb cable metal casing acts as heatsink, so the wifi is now LESS hot than before.

I will add a small heatsink to the wifi to diffuse the heat buildup further.

Wifi recep issue gone! Dont even need to off phone data.

Just some sharing, hope it helps!

My rear camera metal connector is not that hot. If yours is freaking hot, you can wrap aluminum tape or foil to act as heatsink. I didnt feel the need to do yet, but it will work. But in the first place, should it be that hot?...if so, your board could have sinking problem.... Edited by Ek3stage

Can someone please recommend me a place to do installation? I also need to be able to record 24x7 and I believe I need to get a power unit installed as welll....thanks in advance.

Want to sell a mint condition Garmin GDR 190 car camera. This is export set so no camera but in good working condition. Will give personal warranty of 3 months on factory defects (Wear and tear not counted). Only super wide angle car cam on the market at 200 degrees. Will give a free 8 GB SD card. 

Retails @ $399. Selling for $300.

Deal @ Tiong bahru. Contact me @ 98483320.

GDR190 200° WIDE ANGLE HD RECORDING
-Built-in GPS function
-Built-in 1500mAh Battery, up to 90 minutes working time
-G-sensor spontaneous sensing image automatically protected
-Support SDHC memory card
-200 degree wide angle recording
-3.0" adjustable display screen
-Front Collision Warning

IMG_1331.jpg

Many have done that... best is to have cams covering all sides...

my neighbor put two more at the sides. total 6 camera. super KS. .. i ask him how about putting one on top face the sky and one at the bottom face the road. then you will know if ppl throw thing down on your car and construction road damage your car carriage or not

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1