IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Would you guys recommend Q7/9 above V9S2?

Heard V9S2 night cam quality is bad? Can at least capture number plate of cars within view front n back?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi all, I just installed the A9 and then discovered when I downloaded the videos to my PC that they are using proprietary file format .jdr. 

I had naively thought that all IVRs record in mp4 format.

Calling Corvit they say using their software can convert to avi but I find it troublesome.

Just to share my experience.

When I install my next IVR I will make sure it recoeds in mp4 like my previous cheapo Blaupunkt.

• Praise 1

can try iroad Q7 or Q9 --- just installed for 1 week - so far so good.

Hi did you install q7 or q9?

Is the downloading to computer easy? Do you need convert the files?

• Praise 12

Hi did you install q7 or q9?

Is the downloading to computer easy? Do you need convert the files?

For iRoad V9, downloading of video via wifi direct to iphone is easy and very fast. Can play on iphone & computer without conversion. I presume newer models will not be worse.
  • Praise 3

Does the V9 uses the same cable as V7 or we need to re-run the cables as well?

It's a different cable. There's an additional ground cable for the v9.

Hi all, I just installed the A9 and then discovered when I downloaded the videos to my PC that they are using proprietary file format .jdr. 

Calling Corvit they say using their software can convert to avi but I find it troublesome.

When I install my next IVR I will make sure it recoeds in mp4 like my previous cheapo Blaupunkt.

yalo need to convert to avi using iroad software. sux

yalo need to convert to avi using iroad software. sux

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My colleague just got me an iroad V9S2 from Korea. I got it installed a moment ago but found that the apps I have downloaded doesn't register to the cam. Any pal has any recommended solution ?

I saw some warning somewhere mentioning problem when refreshing to English firmware. Any pal here has successful experience ?

Appreciate any advice .

• Praise 1

My colleague just got me an iroad V9S2 from Korea. I got it installed a moment ago but found that the apps I have downloaded doesn't register to the cam. Any pal has any recommended solution ?

I saw some warning somewhere mentioning problem when refreshing to English firmware. Any pal here has successful experience ?

Appreciate any advice .

They have region locked all iroad camera to specific country since last year. You won't be able to use the app with your camera but your camera can still record as per normal. There's no way to do it even if you go corvit as this is a korea set and they won't help you update the firmware to Singapore version. You can try seeing if any workshop can help you update to local firmware, if not you have to live with using the camera without connecting to the phone app.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys

Which model got problem that needed a 1 to 1 exchange in the last few post?

Is $440 for Q9 a good price?

Thanks!

Hi Christopher,

where did u get a quote for $440? Does it comes with installation? I got a quote for Q9 @ $460 with installation at your doorstep from a reputed seller on carousell. Still trying to find a good deal.

Also, any Q9 users here facing heat issues similar to V9 users? read the entire thread and seems like V9 had this problem.

I just installed Q9, but was not impressed by the quality. The video was very choppy and pixelated, like some old school camera phone video. The frame was set to max @ 30fps, using original SD card, attached to iRoad's external battery pack (fully charged), running under blasting car aircon (little heat). I tried taking videos during daylight and night mode, still same choppy. When someone cross the road, they are like skipping steps along the way. Any advise?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

They have region locked all iroad camera to specific country since last year. You won't be able to use the app with your camera but your camera can still record as per normal. There's no way to do it even if you go corvit as this is a korea set and they won't help you update the firmware to Singapore version. You can try seeing if any workshop can help you update to local firmware, if not you have to live with using the camera without connecting to the phone app.

Thanks Raymonnnn.

Any pal here know if any workshop who is capable to flashing the firmware to local ?

I just installed Q9, but was not impressed by the quality. The video was very choppy and pixelated, like some old school camera phone video. The frame was set to max @ 30fps, using original SD card, attached to iRoad's external battery pack (fully charged), running under blasting car aircon (little heat). I tried taking videos during daylight and night mode, still same choppy. When someone cross the road, they are like skipping steps along the way. Any advise?

advise u to go back to corvit office for 1-to-1 replacement.

Hi Christopher,

where did u get a quote for $440? Does it comes with installation? I got a quote for Q9 @ $460 with installation at your doorstep from a reputed seller on carousell. Still trying to find a good deal.

Also, any Q9 users here facing heat issues similar to V9 users? read the entire thread and seems like V9 had this problem.

got mine for way much lower during my club's group buy :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1