IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

(edited)

Great! I shall ask around for reliable workshops. Mazda has confirmed that they do not install the camera in a way that it will be on 24hrs even tho the camera has motion sensor and a safety feature of cut off when the battery runs low. They also do not help to install additional battery pack. So i am pretty much left with the choice to get them to install the free camera that comes with it and pray that nothing happens in 3 years or i just go to a workshop and make sure they do it in a way that wont void the warranty and I can remove it before sending the car for servicing.

what camera they giving u? there will be uninstallation charges if you plan to change the camera outside...its a good investment to have it run 24hrs with the battery pack as u nv know which goondu will come hit and run your car during parking. i nv heard of warranty void for installing camera outside leh, my previous honda SE told me go outside install better as their free one got problems

Edited by Lomfy
↡ Advertisement

what camera they giving u? there will be uninstallation charges if you plan to change the camera outside...its a good investment to have it run 24hrs with the battery pack as u nv know which goondu will come hit and run your car during parking. i nv heard of warranty void for installing camera outside leh, my previous honda SE told me go outside install better as their free one got problems

They giving me Blaupunkt version 9. I told them not to install it. The sales person keep saying that if i go to outside workshop and install it, there is a risk they will void the warranty cos of the wiring. He say new car very sensitive in terms of the wiring. =X

They giving me Blaupunkt version 9. I told them not to install it. The sales person keep saying that if i go to outside workshop and install it, there is a risk they will void the warranty cos of the wiring. He say new car very sensitive in terms of the wiring. =X

as long you go to the correct installer is fine, anyway i believe my bmw is more complicated than a mazda lol.....no problems for mine...

warranty voiding only occurs if you modify something, for camera is adding on, i dont see whats the issue....plus its drawing power from battery pack not from the car battery 

as long you go to the correct installer is fine, anyway i believe my bmw is more complicated than a mazda lol.....no problems for mine...

warranty voiding only occurs if you modify something, for camera is adding on, i dont see whats the issue....plus its drawing power from battery pack not from the car battery 

haha true also. maybe cos we noob la, den they also want to scare us. If install with an additional battery pack, the installation of the camera itself or the battery pack, does it need wiring to the car battery?

Do we need to charge the additional battery pack?

(edited)

haha true also. maybe cos we noob la, den they also want to scare us. If install with an additional battery pack, the installation of the camera itself or the battery pack, does it need wiring to the car battery?

Do we need to charge the additional battery pack?

haha ya kana smoked, dont worry abt the wiring, the camera and the battery comes with all the wires, non is wire to the car battery only to the car cigarette charger to charge the battery pack and to sense when your engine off to run parking mode....its like the same if you use the cigarette port to charge your phone but in this case it charges the battery pack....

Edited by Lomfy

haha ya kana smoked, dont worry abt the wiring, the camera and the battery comes with all the wires, non is wire to the car battery only to the car cigarette charger to charge the battery pack and to sense when your engine off to run parking mode....its like the same if you use the cigarette port to charge your phone but in this case it charges the battery pack....

Great and it also means that i can remove it easily when i want to send the car to mazda for servicing so they wont have the excuse to say oh must void warranty hor?

(edited)

Great and it also means that i can remove it easily when i want to send the car to mazda for servicing so they wont have the excuse to say oh must void warranty hor?

warranty wise only when u going back to claim warranty then they will check what causing problems, other than that leave it there also no problem one la...they only unplug your camera to stop recording during service

anyway the external battery pack for iroad is easily unplug, it wont record 24hr once u unplug it.

Edited by Lomfy

warranty wise only when u going back to claim warranty then they will check what causing problems, other than that leave it there also no problem one la...they only unplug your camera to stop recording during service

Great!! So what camera are you using? Just get from those selling and they should know how to install? You got any to recommend?

Great!! So what camera are you using? Just get from those selling and they should know how to install? You got any to recommend?

im using thinkware from my old car but im using iroad battery pack, google fb Soon lee audio at geylang, they got iroad camera if u prefer

im using thinkware from my old car but im using iroad battery pack, google fb Soon lee audio at geylang, they got iroad camera if u prefer

Got it! Thanks!!

can share how muchy is the battery pack?

Hi guys,

need some help here. Just install Iroad Q7 2 weeks ago but found that the front camera playback on Iphone 6+ is not smooth. Abit of slow motion. Back camera is ok. I trying changing to another SD card (Strontium 64G Class10) but problem still the same. Corvit in fact is very helpful and change a new front camera for me. However it is still the same. Downloading to computer doesn't show any lagging.   Any expert out there to advise me what is the problem. Thanks.

• Praise 1

can share how muchy is the battery pack?

$300

Hi guys,

need some help here. Just install Iroad Q7 2 weeks ago but found that the front camera playback on Iphone 6+ is not smooth. Abit of slow motion. Back camera is ok. I trying changing to another SD card (Strontium 64G Class10) but problem still the same. Corvit in fact is very helpful and change a new front camera for me. However it is still the same. Downloading to computer doesn't show any lagging.   Any expert out there to advise me what is the problem. Thanks.

have u try on other phones ?

• Praise 1

(edited)

$300

have u try on other phones ?

walau....just as ex as the cam. Gulp.... :sick:

can i buy a motorcycle small battery and hide  inside the car as a back up?

confirm a cheaper option.  :want:

Edited by Hamburger

walau....just as ex as the cam. Gulp.... :sick:

can i buy a motorcycle small battery and hide  inside the car as a back up?

confirm a cheaper option.  :want:

haha its possible if you know how to DIY...

• Praise 1

@lomfy if i want to use back the camera that the AD gave me, can i buy just the battery pack for it? Or must i buy a camera that comes with a battery pack? Can i use the iroad battery pack for Blaupunkt? Is Blaupunkt good?

Do carwork usually sell these or i gotta go to a car accessories shop to buy a camera and batterh then go to the workshop and ask them to install?

• Praise 1

(edited)

@lomfy if i want to use back the camera that the AD gave me, can i buy just the battery pack for it? Or must i buy a camera that comes with a battery pack? Can i use the iroad battery pack for Blaupunkt? Is Blaupunkt good?

Do carwork usually sell these or i gotta go to a car accessories shop to buy a camera and batterh then go to the workshop and ask them to install?

must make sure the camera got 24hr parking mode, if not it dont support the battery pack...battery pack is an optional accessory, 

the workshop i mention selling the battery plus installation.

Edited by Lomfy