IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Your analogy makes no sense. If I have a dumb phone, 90% of consumers already have an expectation that it can't connect to smart devices. As a consumer of a smartphone, I have an expectation that it would work with the apps in the official app store. Your analogy is equal to me saying that I should get angry at hyundai, because the hyundai I bought can't go ask fast as a ferrari.

Further to your point, I can understand if the app maker ignored the issue if it's a small no-name phone manufacturer. Maybe even if its oneplus or sony. But it's the whole Samsung Galaxy range! That's 30% of the entire mobile phone market! So potentially 1 in 3 users of smartphones can't use your app and therefore your product. Isn't that a problem?

Nevertheless, no point arguing here. The app has a store rating of 2.3/5 and there are a tonne of complaints and negative comments. To me that suggests that there is a problem for lots of peopls. If people can't use the app, they can't use the product and they look elsewhere. The dashcam manufacturer loses. I for one am considering changing away from iroad and I sure as hell won't recommend it to anyone.

Gone way off-top.  Continuing the discussion in PM.  Sorry everyone.

↡ Advertisement

If it is any consolation, I had the same problem with connecting Thinkware F770 to Samsung phones.

However, the solution is simple: Turn on airplane mode followed by wifi. You only need to do this for the first connection to each phone. Subsequently it will connect even with airplane mode off.

You guys may want to try the above for connecting IRoad to Samsung phones. I suspect it is the same.

There is a setting in your phone that turns off the feature to switch to mobile data. I have that turned off but still cannot connect to the camera. Haven’t tried with mobile data off yet, maybe later on my way out.

Got the x9 as a freebie as part of my new ride, so can’t complain.

(edited)

Here's a sample of what my iRoad footage looks like after 3 years of use - you can see that the plates of the bike to the right is not even visible at all! Imagine what it looks like when my vehicle is in motion!

Brought it back to the service center for "assessment and diagnostics" as advised by their email support staff - turns out the guy only hooked it up to his personal handphone (a picture of him and his girl was on that handphone), started scrolling through my footage and said "he's seen worse state than mine".

Then he dismissed my camera as "in good working condition" and bounced me out of the service center.

This was despite me telling him that I can't even capture the plates of other potential motorist who could've side-swiped me!

I thought they'd hook up the camera to some special equipment, or at least dismantle it to check the circuits within.

Boy, was I sorely disappointed when it turned to be some novice method of diagnosing the issue.

Professional "diagnostics"? My arse! Stay away from the iRoad v9s2!

post-177021-0-99053300-1556983365_thumb.jpg

Edited by Comage
  • Praise 1

Hi guys just to confirm if my wifi dongle for my IROAD v9 is spoiled, I just need to replace a new one to enable to connect to my phone right? Motorcyclist nearly hit my side today and I tried to connect my camera but can’t detect any wifi to view on my iPhone.. so I was thinking the wifi dongle likely is spoiled.

Hi guys just to confirm if my wifi dongle for my IROAD v9 is spoiled, I just need to replace a new one to enable to connect to my phone right? Motorcyclist nearly hit my side today and I tried to connect my camera but can’t detect any wifi to view on my iPhone.. so I was thinking the wifi dongle likely is spoiled.

You might have accidentally turned off the Wi-Fi?  Try turning it on.   [bounce2]

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2699508-iroad-in-car-camera-recorder-users/?p=6666166

• Praise 1

Just tried earlier like what the link shows but still doesn’t work. Umm likelihood the WiFi dongle spoil already. Now only can borrow from a friend who is using the same V9 WiFi dongle to try on my set.

Dongle from any iRoad will do and not necessarily from a V9, since iRoad only sells one Wi-Fi Dongle.

Incidentally I tried two different 3rd party Wi-Fi Dongles  and neither work.  :-( . I was hoping I can use one that has an extended range.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys

Sorry noobie here. Anyone can advise the difference between iroad q, v and x series?

Particularly on x5 and q7, which one should i purchase?

Prefer recording to be on going when parked. And might be parked under hot sun.

Supercharged

X5 will be better than Q7. I heard the difference is in its lens used. Just don't buy V9. If you need parking mode, recommend to install a extra power pack. I am using X9 with extra power pack. 

Hi guys

Sorry noobie here. Anyone can advise the difference between iroad q, v and x series?

Particularly on x5 and q7, which one should i purchase?

Prefer recording to be on going when parked. And might be parked under hot sun.

X5 will be better than Q7. I heard the difference is in its lens used. Just don't buy V9. If you need parking mode, recommend to install a extra power pack. I am using X9 with extra power pack. 

bro can share where you buy and install your x9 + Battery?

iroad X5 user here. anybody is using this as well? 

i read that the sd card should be high temp but a search on lazada seems selection quite limited.

looking for higher capacity sd card, anybody has anything to intro? price/ size and brand will be helpful. TIA

looking for higher capacity sd card, anybody has anything to intro? price/ size and brand will be helpful.

My Q7 rear cam "blue" LED light, not lighted, but saw it sudden appeared.  Then, it was not lighted again.

Checked the rear recording still can record.

Is it faulty?  Where can it be fixed?

Twincharged
(edited)

iroad X5 user here. anybody is using this as well?

i read that the sd card should be high temp but a search on lazada seems selection quite limited.

looking for higher capacity sd card, anybody has anything to intro? price/ size and brand will be helpful. TIA

looking for higher capacity sd card, anybody has anything to intro? price/ size and brand will be helpful.

Yup, better to have microsd card that is able to widstand high temperature and many write cycle. One of the good microsd card is Samsung evo.

If you want the best of the best..

https://www.samsung.com/sg/memory-storage/pro-endurance-microsd-card/MB-MJ128GAAPC/

This one will not go wrong. Confirm can last for 10yrs.

Edited by Yewheng

Personally I don’t recommend iRoad cam to others. Currently I’m using model A9

First, there is no power button. As the installation recommended hardwiring the cam to the battery/fuse, if you don’t want to record while the car is parked, you have to plug and unplug the power cable.

Second, the video recording use a so called proprietary format. To playback the video recording on PC is a pain. You can’t simply use popular video players like for e.g. VLC player or Windows 10 built in video player to view the recording. You have to purposely download and install its PC viewer in order to just see what iRoad have recorded for you. Stupid

Third, its PC software is full of bugs, slow and inflexible. For example if you choose to copy the SD card content to a random subfolders on your hard drive for faster playback, the app will fail.

Forth, the power adapter cable to the cam uses 12V instead of the more popular and widely compatible usb 5V, making park mode recording incompatable with most power banks

Fifth, the recording videos is not sharp and clear enough even if you use 5 years ago standard for comparison. Because the iRoad picture quality is even worse than my wifi spycam 3 years ago.

Lastly, with this kind of quality and features, the iRoad is overpriced. Any $50 and above junk brand cam from Taobao will beat iRoad with eyes closed.

The one and only one attractive feature I like about iRoad cam is its large blinking LED. Nothing else

Based purely on my personal user experience

I m unable to connect to my v9 when i use my samsung note 8 to connect. But when i use my iphone to connect, there is no issue. Any idea wats wrong?

↡ Advertisement