IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

I m unable to connect to my v9 when i use my samsung note 8 to connect. But when i use my iphone to connect, there is no issue. Any idea wats wrong?

ios12-iphone-x-settings-wifi-no-internet

Nothing wrong with your iRoad.

Unlike for iPhone, you must turn off the mobile data of your Galaxy to connect to any Wi-Fi hot spot that has no internet access (very common for many home smart devices such as robotic vacuum cleaner, light-bulb, air purifier etc.)

Apparently it's an exclusive Samsung design feature. 

↡ Advertisement

iroad X5 user here. anybody is using this as well? 

i read that the sd card should be high temp but a search on lazada seems selection quite limited.

looking for higher capacity sd card, anybody has anything to intro? price/ size and brand will be helpful. TIA

looking for higher capacity sd card, anybody has anything to intro? price/ size and brand will be helpful.

AFAIK, those so-called high-endurance/made-for-video types are just gimmicks.  Don't forget they cost nearly twice as much as normal ones.  You work out the math; I would rather replace "worn" ones after a few years and it would still costs me less to buy a "high endurance" card to use!   

I was told iRoad's proprietary file storage format is engineered to reduce the wear and tear when saving captured video data too so don't worry about it.  Frankly, if iRoad wants us to use high endurance card, they would have insisted that we do but they don't even bother selling it.

Spend your money elsewhere... like on the optional GPS antenna.

My Q7 rear cam "blue" LED light, not lighted, but saw it sudden appeared. Then, it was not lighted again.

Checked the rear recording still can record.

Is it faulty? Where can it be fixed?

Submitted, no response from them.

My Q9 had this issue. Went back to get it replaced FOC as still under warranty, but after a month or so the LED spoil again.

AFAIK, those so-called high-endurance/made-for-video types are just gimmicks.  Don't forget they cost nearly twice as much as normal ones.  You work out the math; I would rather replace "worn" ones after a few years and it would still costs me less to buy a "high endurance" card to use!   

I was told iRoad's proprietary file storage format is engineered to reduce the wear and tear when saving captured video data too so don't worry about it.  Frankly, if iRoad wants us to use high endurance card, they would have insisted that we do but they don't even bother selling it.

Spend your money elsewhere... like on the optional GPS antenna.

Make sense, im leaning towards this as well. am driving an OPC and my camera does not record during parking mode. 

a reliable high capacity may suffice. thanks for sharing. 

• Praise 1

My Q9 had this issue. Went back to get it replaced FOC as still under warranty, but after a month or so the LED spoil again.

May I know went back to installer or Corvit (IRoad supplier)?

If Corvit, any idea how to remove the rear camera out to let them repair? 

(warranty over)

May I know went back to installer or Corvit (IRoad supplier)?

If Corvit, any idea h

ow to remove the rear camera out to let them repair?

(warranty over)

Went back to Corvit. They tried to remove from the holder but think unable to. End up they remove the camera together with the holder. They replace the rear cam with a new holder.

Wanna ask parking mode if activated. It will record once the engine is off?

If parking mode is not activated, will the camera off when the engine is off?

Motion if not activated. When car is off, it will not record if there is people walking pass the car?

Went back to Corvit. They tried to remove from the holder but think unable to. End up they remove the camera together with the holder. They replace the rear cam with a new holder.

Wanna ask parking mode if activated. It will record once the engine is off?

If parking mode is not activated, will the camera off when the engine is off?

Motion if not activated. When car is off, it will not record if there is people walking pass the car?

Parking mode and motion are activated, 24/7 with motion detection turned on.

So the camera is not able to put out from the holder.  The holder removed, will it damaged the glass?  Any sticky left behind on the glass?

Parking mode and motion are activated, 24/7 with motion detection turned on.

So the camera is not able to put out from the holder. The holder removed, will it damaged the glass? Any sticky left behind on the glass?

Had the sticky part left on the glass. They say cant remove and stick over it. The cam will slightly droop to one side. I ownself slowly remove it and use the spare 3m double side and stick it back.

Hi,

I have the IROAD X5 with the stock SD card. I want to increase the capacity. Do I need to get an IROAD SD card or any MLC Class 10 will do? Any recommendations please?

Hi,

I have the IROAD X5 with the stock SD card. I want to increase the capacity. Do I need to get an IROAD SD card or any MLC Class 10 will do? Any recommendations please?

same here, am shopping for 1 too, lazada and shopee has a ton of selection, class 10 but i think they are fake for the price. ~$20/ 128gb. 

yet to make a trip down to challenger. Anybody got good lobang, please share. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hi,

iRoad branded card is not necessary.

Any big brand's rated Class 10 and above will be fine.

video_speed%20class_01.jpg

If the price is about the same, get one that is rated U3 (unofficially "Class 30").  V60 usually costs quite a bit more; don't bother for a car cam.  The same goes to those special "high endurance" type meant for "video."

Myself been using Samsung EVO Plus U3, and they have been performing fine.

Most importantly, get the largest capacity you can afford.  The X5 accepts up to 256GB.

Edited by Bluemint
  • Praise 2

Had the sticky part left on the glass. They say cant remove and stick over it. The cam will slightly droop to one side. I ownself slowly remove it and use the spare 3m double side and stick it back.

For the Q7 rear cam, I managed to remove the rear camera without taking out the holder so that no sticky part on glass.

(edited)

same here, am shopping for 1 too, lazada and shopee has a ton of selection, class 10 but i think they are fake for the price. ~$20/ 128gb. 

yet to make a trip down to challenger. Anybody got good lobang, please share. 

have been buying from this seller, authentic item

https://qoo.tn/BqEGnS/Q107454469 - 128gb

https://qoo.tn/BVKGnS/Q107454469 - 256gb

Edited by etck72
  • Praise 2

X5 will be better than Q7. I heard the difference is in its lens used. Just don't buy V9. If you need parking mode, recommend to install a extra power pack. I am using X9 with extra power pack.

Any reason not to buy v9? I am about to huy 2nd hand for my old car. Left 1 year only.

Supercharged

Any reason not to buy v9? I am about to huy 2nd hand for my old car. Left 1 year only.

If you are parking outdoors, the footages recorded will get blurry over time. I happened to me twice until I gave up on it. And changed to X9, then everything ok.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

If you are parking outdoors, the footages recorded will get blurry over time. I happened to me twice until I gave up on it. And changed to X9, then everything ok.

Did your footages get blurry like mine? I am also wondering if parking outside it's the reason cause i started parking outside like few months ago, and this happened. 

Did you manage to get it repaired? 

post-308446-0-46063000-1560667574_thumb.png

Edited by zeref
↡ Advertisement