IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Supercharged

Did your footages get blurry like mine? I am also wondering if parking outside it's the reason cause i started parking outside like few months ago, and this happened.

Did you manage to get it repaired?

My cam is not as bad as yours. Better get it changed soon, if not touch wood if anything happens then u can’t see anything. I got changed it during a recall, but same thing happens. So I changed to X9 since there’s a trade in promo then.
↡ Advertisement

How to check if 2nd hand camera is in good working condition? Need touse cable or got other method to do it?

No good way, really.

If you'd ask me, I'd get an external power source, hook it up and watch the footage that it records.

But if you do it live, you'd only be able to see it on your handphone/tablet - which could be small and very difficult to make out spots of blurry footage where the lens has warped.

Otherwise, get the guy to drive with you got 5-10 minutes and then download the footage off the memory card and watch it on a desktop with a bigger monitor so that you can see the quality of the footage. But that could be quite a hassle..

How much are you gonna save by getting a 2nd hand camera? It could be just more cost-effective to get a first hand and be done away with these worries.

• Praise 1

No good way, really.

If you'd ask me, I'd get an external power source, hook it up and watch the footage that it records.

But if you do it live, you'd only be able to see it on your handphone/tablet - which could be small and very difficult to make out spots of blurry footage where the lens has warped.

Otherwise, get the guy to drive with you got 5-10 minutes and then download the footage off the memory card and watch it on a desktop with a bigger monitor so that you can see the quality of the footage. But that could be quite a hassle..

How much are you gonna save by getting a 2nd hand camera? It could be just more cost-effective to get a first hand and be done away with these worries.

Oh.. coz i only need it for less than 1 year before scrap. This is 2nd car, wont be needing it next time. Seems not easy to test the camera....

so i bought the 128gb

all is good, no problem thus far. video playback is clear at 1080, 30FPS

thanks for the recommendation [bounce2][bounce2][bounce2]

no worries! sic

Oh.. coz i only need it for less than 1 year before scrap. This is 2nd car, wont be needing it next time. Seems not easy to test the camera....

Then just get a first hand camera, hook it up and use with this car for 1 year.

Once done, before scrap, go back to the workshop get them to dismantle for you (for like $20).

Keep the camera for your next car - pay another small labor fee (< $50) to hook it up again.

Or just negotiate a package with the workshop if you're going to dismantle/reinstall due to switching cars. Most workshops do this almost every other day so they wouldn't mind doing it for like $50 or something (at least that's what they quoted me). 5 mins job to dismantle, 10 min job to install. Easy peasy.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I am using Samsung EVO Plus 128GB. So far so good. No error and running smooth as usual.

Price also cheap.

Recommended for Dashcam is Samsung EVO Plus and Sandisk Ultra AI. Remember don't get the Sandisk High Endurance as it is slow writing speed and will caused error.

post-307408-0-41277500-1561103945.jpg

post-307408-0-83668700-1561103953.jpg

Edited by EricChua_216232

Guys, have anyone of you tried parking mode with the auto off timer (example: 3 hours) function? 

Does it really turn off after the set time so that your battery doesn't get drained or too low?

Guys, have anyone of you tried parking mode with the auto off timer (example: 3 hours) function? 

Does it really turn off after the set time so that your battery doesn't get drained or too low?

You want parking with auto timer, you might as well just unplug it the moment you leave your vehicle. 

Else just leave it with the battery voltage limit set so that it cuts off once your battery dips below the threshold voltage.

I don't see why anyone would ever be using the timer function for an in-car camera... if your camera cut off because the battery ran out at the 181st minute - that's something out of your control.

Whereas, if something happened to your parked vehicle at the 181st minute of parking and your camera decides to cut off because you set it that way... well ain't that a sight!

You want parking with auto timer, you might as well just unplug it the moment you leave your vehicle. 

Else just leave it with the battery voltage limit set so that it cuts off once your battery dips below the threshold voltage.

I don't see why anyone would ever be using the timer function for an in-car camera... if your camera cut off because the battery ran out at the 181st minute - that's something out of your control.

Whereas, if something happened to your parked vehicle at the 181st minute of parking and your camera decides to cut off because you set it that way... well ain't that a sight!

Thanks for the comments, my reasons are:

Dealer already wired my system to parking mode, I'm not able to disable the parking function through the app. Unless get them to rewire.

I think having a fixed timing does have limited benefits vs nothing at all, e.g when parked for short periods at the mall, coffeeshop, etc of cos won't apply to home carpark.

I'm not sure if the voltage cut off is reliable, hence fixed timing would be better?

Thanks for the comments, my reasons are:

Dealer already wired my system to parking mode, I'm not able to disable the parking function through the app. Unless get them to rewire.

I think having a fixed timing does have limited benefits vs nothing at all, e.g when parked for short periods at the mall, coffeeshop, etc of cos won't apply to home carpark.

I'm not sure if the voltage cut off is reliable, hence fixed timing would be better?

Just set to the highest voltage cut off reading - 12.3V if i remember correctly.

I once set to something lower, and when it finally did cut off, my battery didn't have enough juice to start up the car.

Had to call a tow truck to jump start and change my battery as well (it was old).

Anyway, isn't there a power cable that leads to your in car camera? You could just pull out the plug there to power it off - that's what I did for mine.

Thanks,

I went with this as I realized temperature is also a consideration:

https://www.lazada.sg/-i160457816-s689216684.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

iRoad branded card is not necessary.

Any big brand's rated Class 10 and above will be fine.

video_speed%20class_01.jpg

If the price is about the same, get one that is rated U3 (unofficially "Class 30").  V60 usually costs quite a bit more; don't bother for a car cam.  The same goes to those special "high endurance" type meant for "video."

Myself been using Samsung EVO Plus U3, and they have been performing fine.

Most importantly, get the largest capacity you can afford.  The X5 accepts up to 256GB.

Hello, i cant connect to my Iroad software V9.. since upgrading iroad software, cant connect wifi anymore.. anyone facing same issue?

• Praise 1

Hello, i cant connect to my Iroad software V9.. since upgrading iroad software, cant connect wifi anymore.. anyone facing same issue?

Hi, try switching off your mobile data before connecting.

I had similar issues previously, workshop to me to try that and it works.

• Praise 3

Hi, try switching off your mobile data before connecting.

I had similar issues previously, workshop to me to try that and it works.

Thanks.. it works!!

I did do the test before. Yes, it will auto shut down the device after 3 hours. It will be automatic start back once u start your engine.

If you press power button to shut down, it will not auto start after you start your car. This is the different.

Agree less people will prefer use the shut down timer as parking mode is made to record during parking, and that's the purpose we bought.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi,new user here. Currently have an X9. Is there a need for external battery pack? Currently I don't have one and saw that it is still functioning after parking for 3hrs. Any recommendations or settings? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement