IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Hi, I have been using Q9 for almost 2 years. Still record ok but sometimes the date time stamp get haywire. Need to connect to it via phone to sync it. Anyone has this problem too ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi, I have been using Q9 for almost 2 years. Still record ok but sometimes the date time stamp get haywire. Need to connect to it via phone to sync it. Anyone has this problem too ?

Same for v9S2

My time stamp always reset to 2015

• Praise 1

Mine is exactly 2 years old but my date/time setting is fine, so I'm guessing ...

Same for v9S2

My time stamp always reset to 2015

... the tiny internal battery that saves the date/time and other custom settings for the cam is flat.

Have it replaced should resolves the issue.

Edited by Bluemint
  • Praise 2

Mine is exactly 2 years old but my date/time setting is fine, so I'm guessing ...

... the tiny internal battery that saves the date/time and other custom settings for the cam is flat.

Have it replaced should resolves the issue.

have to send back or can get it DIY?

Neutral Newbie

1. Power on the camera. Wait for the welcome ding to say camera is turned on and in parking mode (or just turned on).
2. Go into your mobile phone and turn off mobile data then try to connect.
3. Try not to connect before the camera's welcome ding sound comes on.

If the above still don't work, try to use another mobile phone to connect.

If all the above still can't then it's bck to Corvit for you...

Thanks, it works.

But if data is switched, then cannot update the software online? 

Edited by Gonegolf

Send it back; should be a fast and easy fix for them.

They say either motherboard or SD faulty

Ask me to send back to troubleshoot.

Thanks, it works.

But if data is switched, then cannot update the software online? 

For me, i have already given up and have been using OTG instead to access the clips.

iRoad cameras seem to be sucky at night recording. It was a replace set after original set recording at night sucks.

I am thinking to change the iRoad to another brand. Disappointing camera.

After some research, I discovered that iRoad V9S2 recordings are foggy or have a “halo” because the inner lens may have become smudged. I cannot be certain but I suspect the issue may arise from condensation due to our car’s air conditioning. Each car’s interior environment being different, this may be why the problem crops up at different times for different poeple.

I have found it is not difficult to rectify the problem but do note that this would probably void your warranty as it involves opening up the front camera unit. This fix also assumes the problem is not a CMOS sensor or otherwise electronically related.

This is what one needs to do:

1) Open up the casing of the iRoad V9: there are 3 plastic catches (one above, two below) to undo. You may want to use a rubber tipped tool to push the catches or you may scratch them as well as the camera body.

2) Once the 3 catches are undone, slowly seperate the front and back pieces of the body. Note that there are 2 more concealed catches at the top on the extreme left and right sides. You may snap them if you are not careful.

3) You should now see that a speaker (fixed to the front piece) is attached to the main board (fixed to the rear piece) via 2 wires. It is not necessary to detach the speaker’s wire plug from the main board but be careful not to damage the connections.

4) You will also see the lens body (black coloured) attached to a small circuit module which is in turn attached to the main board. Remember the orientation of how the module sits on the main board (take a photo if you have to) and gently pull on the lens body. The smaller module should easily seperate from the main board.

5) You can now see the module (which is actually the camera CMOS sensor module) is attached to the main board via a plug. The lens body is attached to the module by 2 small black Phillips screws.

6) Unscrew the lens body from the module (gently!) and seperate the lens body from the sensor module. Below the lens, you can see the CMOS sensor itself. DO NOT TOUCH IT unless you are very sure you know what you are doing as it is very very easy to damage.

7) Now have a look at the inner lens of the lens housing. Depending on the severity of your “halo” problem, you may be able to see a layer of smudge on the inner lense. Using a dry cotton bud swab, gently clean the inner lens side of the lens housing. The entire housing CANNOT be seperated and there is no reason to clean the inside.

8) If the lens is still not really clean, breathe on the lens (open your mouth and exhale with the “horrr” sound onto the lens) and use the cotton swab to rub off the vapour condensate. I did not try cleaning with any solvents (medicinal alcohol, glass cleaner etc) and if you would like to try it would be at your own risk.

9) Screw back the lens housing onto the sensor module and attach the module via the small plug back to the main board. Gently snap back the 5 catches (2 hidden, 3 overt) to close back your camera unit and reattach it back to the mounting in your car.

If all went well, your unit will power up with no problems and you can now do a live view using the app on your phone to see the results of your cleaning.

post-313586-0-29641700-1566136189.png

This is before cleaning.

post-313586-0-64453400-1566136232.png

This is after cleaning. Photos are video recording screenshots of footage from my unit with no editing whatsoever.

Corvit charges $30 to do a 1:1 replacement and they cannot guarantee the problem will not reoccur (I asked). If your camera unit’s body is now a little bit sticky due to heat and sun exposure, expect to pay $60 for “body damage”.

I hope the above is of use to other V9 users who like me, find Corvit’s replacement charges to be a bit on the high side.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I just installed the X5 and the ext battery pack. Any expert can advise if i will to go oversea for a week, do i need to switch off or leave it until the ext battery die? Will it affect the car battery if i leave it?

I just installed the X5 and the ext battery pack. Any expert can advise if i will to go oversea for a week, do i need to switch off or leave it until the ext battery die? Will it affect the car battery if i leave it?

If wired correctly the camera will die but car should be fine.

What do you think of the quality of X5? I'm also given that unit but contemplating of topping up for X9.

On 8/4/2019 at 5:42 AM, Bluemint said:

Send it back; should be a fast and easy fix for them.

I emailed to Corvit and they’ll charge < $100 for a 1 to 1 replacement. After that, 3 months replacement warranty.

Just for that CMOS battery change, is it worth ?

On 9/18/2019 at 10:33 AM, Surf2004 said:

I emailed to Corvit and they’ll charge < $100 for a 1 to 1 replacement. After that, 3 months replacement warranty.

Just for that CMOS battery change, is it worth ?

Oh $100 to replace that battery? I'm also having the same issue now.

Must go Corvit or can go to their authorised dealer?

↡ Advertisement