IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Just to update.

I called an authorised dealer to ask how to solve the "clock reset to 2015" problem.

They taught me to reformat my sd card and it really works.

↡ Advertisement

Anybody encountered needing to press the WiFi registration button in order to connect to the cam using the app? I think I updated the app recently and this happens. My cam is X9. 

On 8/18/2019 at 9:57 PM, grandeus said:

After some research, I discovered that iRoad V9S2 recordings are foggy or have a “halo” because the inner lens may have become smudged. I cannot be certain but I suspect the issue may arise from condensation due to our car’s air conditioning. Each car’s interior environment being different, this may be why the problem crops up at different times for different poeple.

I have found it is not difficult to rectify the problem but do note that this would probably void your warranty as it involves opening up the front camera unit. This fix also assumes the problem is not a CMOS sensor or otherwise electronically related.

This is what one needs to do:

1) Open up the casing of the iRoad V9: there are 3 plastic catches (one above, two below) to undo. You may want to use a rubber tipped tool to push the catches or you may scratch them as well as the camera body.

2) Once the 3 catches are undone, slowly seperate the front and back pieces of the body. Note that there are 2 more concealed catches at the top on the extreme left and right sides. You may snap them if you are not careful.

3) You should now see that a speaker (fixed to the front piece) is attached to the main board (fixed to the rear piece) via 2 wires. It is not necessary to detach the speaker’s wire plug from the main board but be careful not to damage the connections.

4) You will also see the lens body (black coloured) attached to a small circuit module which is in turn attached to the main board. Remember the orientation of how the module sits on the main board (take a photo if you have to) and gently pull on the lens body. The smaller module should easily seperate from the main board.

5) You can now see the module (which is actually the camera CMOS sensor module) is attached to the main board via a plug. The lens body is attached to the module by 2 small black Phillips screws.

6) Unscrew the lens body from the module (gently!) and seperate the lens body from the sensor module. Below the lens, you can see the CMOS sensor itself. DO NOT TOUCH IT unless you are very sure you know what you are doing as it is very very easy to damage.

7) Now have a look at the inner lens of the lens housing. Depending on the severity of your “halo” problem, you may be able to see a layer of smudge on the inner lense. Using a dry cotton bud swab, gently clean the inner lens side of the lens housing. The entire housing CANNOT be seperated and there is no reason to clean the inside.

8) If the lens is still not really clean, breathe on the lens (open your mouth and exhale with the “horrr” sound onto the lens) and use the cotton swab to rub off the vapour condensate. I did not try cleaning with any solvents (medicinal alcohol, glass cleaner etc) and if you would like to try it would be at your own risk.

9) Screw back the lens housing onto the sensor module and attach the module via the small plug back to the main board. Gently snap back the 5 catches (2 hidden, 3 overt) to close back your camera unit and reattach it back to the mounting in your car.

If all went well, your unit will power up with no problems and you can now do a live view using the app on your phone to see the results of your cleaning.

post-313586-0-29641700-1566136189.png

This is before cleaning.

post-313586-0-64453400-1566136232.png

This is after cleaning. Photos are video recording screenshots of footage from my unit with no editing whatsoever.

Corvit charges $30 to do a 1:1 replacement and they cannot guarantee the problem will not reoccur (I asked). If your camera unit’s body is now a little bit sticky due to heat and sun exposure, expect to pay $60 for “body damage”.

I hope the above is of use to other V9 users who like me, find Corvit’s replacement charges to be a bit on the high side.

Thanks for the detailed instructions/guide. I dismantled it myself and cleaned it up - but there was no significant different.

My rear camera however is still working with very high precised images/footage being captured though.

It's a shame the iRoad is not a heat-resistant camera.

On 9/25/2019 at 9:07 PM, Ki113r said:

Just to update.

I called an authorised dealer to ask how to solve the "clock reset to 2015" problem.

They taught me to reformat my sd card and it really works.

I am having the reset to 2015 problem now after updating the app. I tried reformatting the SD card, problem not solved. I tried buying a new SD card, problem also not solved. Cannot be such a coincidence that this problem occurred after updating the app mid of this week and my cam battery inside suddenly no battery. No such problem before updating the app early of this week. 

23 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

I am having the reset to 2015 problem now after updating the app. I tried reformatting the SD card, problem not solved. I tried buying a new SD card, problem also not solved. Cannot be such a coincidence that this problem occurred after updating the app mid of this week and my cam battery inside suddenly no battery. No such problem before updating the app early of this week. 

Ohh. Then you gotta check with Corvit liao.

• Praise 1

Hello guys,

Anyone using the recon set of V9 from Corvit currently, any feedback on the blurry lens problem, i.e. after 3 months still going OK ?

I'm still w/ the problem unit but thinking whether to just get a new set (brand) instead.

Thanks bros & sis! :)

On 10/16/2019 at 11:47 AM, weekiat572 said:

M currently using the V9 , i encountered the camera prompt "parking mode" while i m still driving . Wats wrong ?

I've got an x9 and just noticed it started doing the same for me recently. 

No idea why. 

55 minutes ago, GTO-1 said:

No idea why. 

Mine started rebooting at weird timings. Dunno why too. 

Neutral Newbie

i've got an iroad V9 and recently started saying "memory card damage stop recording". 

tried to change a new card but still prompt me with the same error.

anyone can help on this?

On 12/25/2019 at 5:00 AM, zackyyy said:

i've got an iroad V9 and recently started saying "memory card damage stop recording". 

tried to change a new card but still prompt me with the same error.

anyone can help on this?

Same here.  Also says "rear camera disconnected and shutting down system" when connected to iroad app.

I have replaced the front camera in September last year due to 2015 year issue and maybe this is an issue with the app and not the camera.

On 12/22/2019 at 9:08 PM, GTO-1 said:

No idea why. 

Well I'm switching from Iroad.  It's likely not I road's fault and likely shoddy workmanship, but I did go to an iroad approved service installer and this still happened, so I still blame them:

Got a iroad power pack installed from an iroad approved installer about 1 year ago for my new car. Few months ago I noticed the cam would just randomly go into parking mode while driving (fine - no big deal). Then a few weeks later the battery pack completely ceased to work, until I logged on using Bluetooth. Suddenly everything worked again and no more random parking mode activities while driving. I thought great. 

Yesterday, my wife was driving the car and suddenly smoke started emitting from the steering column. Parked the car side of the road and got a tow to the AD. Today, they showed me that the wiring of the external battery was short circuiting and had actually burnt through the cars wiring harness. Going to cost me $1800 and 3-4 days to replace it. Not to mention the danger of the car catching fire.

$1800 and no car is mafan, but thank god the smoking didn't get worse and create a fire that could have injured myself and my wife. 

But I'm getting rid of all iroad parts from my car and going to Thinkware or Blackvue.  While it's not the parts that are necessarily the problem, I did go to an official iroad installer that rated quite well on sgcarmart.  If iroad is going to approve an installer that has such shoddy workmanship after only 1 year, then goodbye. 

Take what you want from my post. But telling my story. 

• Shocked 2

56 minutes ago, GTO-1 said:

Well I'm switching from Iroad.  It's likely not I road's fault and likely shoddy workmanship, but I did go to an iroad approved service installer and this still happened, so I still blame them:

Got a iroad power pack installed from an iroad approved installer about 1 year ago for my new car. Few months ago I noticed the cam would just randomly go into parking mode while driving (fine - no big deal). Then a few weeks later the battery pack completely ceased to work, until I logged on using Bluetooth. Suddenly everything worked again and no more random parking mode activities while driving. I thought great. 

Yesterday, my wife was driving the car and suddenly smoke started emitting from the steering column. Parked the car side of the road and got a tow to the AD. Today, they showed me that the wiring of the external battery was short circuiting and had actually burnt through the cars wiring harness. Going to cost me $1800 and 3-4 days to replace it. Not to mention the danger of the car catching fire.

$1800 and no car is mafan, but thank god the smoking didn't get worse and create a fire that could have injured myself and my wife. 

But I'm getting rid of all iroad parts from my car and going to Thinkware or Blackvue.  While it's not the parts that are necessarily the problem, I did go to an official iroad installer that rated quite well on sgcarmart.  If iroad is going to approve an installer that has such shoddy workmanship after only 1 year, then goodbye. 

Good to know that you and ur wife are both fine. Car on smoke is no joke and you had to pay to repair some more.. haiz.

can share which installer is that?

Supercharged
2 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

Please share your installer. Hope it’s not mine. 

20 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Please share your installer. Hope it’s not mine. 

Don't know rules of the forum, but I got it installed at infiniti werkz at kaki bukit. 

If the rules ask me to delete, then go ahead delete.

I don't know how the installer installed the power pack tbh. I know I checked the fuse box, there were no pigtail fuse taps. 

That means they tapped directly into the wiring harness of the car. Which makes sense given it had burned and damaged the rest of the harness, such that it needs completely replacing. 

Looking at thinkware's external battery, the recommended installation is via pigtail fuse tap, which will prevent the need for directly tapping into the harness and damaging it. 

Who knows. All I know is I'm now going to be $1800+ poorer and need to use grab for the next 5 days. 

Plus I need to get a new camera and battery pack installed.  Which is more money... Sianz. Oh well - the negatives of car ownership. 

Edited by GTO-1
↡ Advertisement