IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

If you leave your camera in the car when not there aren't you leaving the car open to a break in to steal the camera???

I see dash cam becoming a common accessory in the car now and there are a wide range of prices to suit each budget. So I guess there is no demand for 2nd hand cam that motivates stealing of camera. At least in SG. When in Malaysia, I am more worried about the car than the cam..:-)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I see dash cam becoming a common accessory in the car now and there are a wide range of prices to suit each budget. So I guess there is no demand for 2nd hand cam that motivates stealing of camera. At least in SG. When in Malaysia, I am more worried about the car than the cam..:-)

Agree about Malaysia.

So can all dash cams be easily removed and reinstalled when in Malaysia???

I tried to view the video file saved on my iPhone and realized iPhone use its proprietary AAE format. So I cannot view it on Windows PC. Arrg! Piss off me and makes me consider switching to Andriod for my next phone.

You may want to try asking Corvit, iRoad distributor in SG. They responded quickly to my query. 

My workshop is AutoImage in Sin Ming. Ted served me and he is a sincere and patient guy with great service. 

No issues for me on Iphone leh. What i did was save the video in my iphone.. send it to my own email or either just connect iphone to PC as external storage and drag out the file to a windows folder.

It should be in .MOV format. I have no problems viewing this file on my PC.

I am not aware on the heat issue as I parked under shelter most of the time. I will take note.  

Removing the WIFI dongle is a good idea. It is not needed unless you wants to view playback or change settings. 

Never though of removing the Wifi Dongle before.. haha..maybe i should remove and keep it in the middle console box. Will see if it really reduces the heat

No issues for me on Iphone leh. What i did was save the video in my iphone.. send it to my own email or either just connect iphone to PC as external storage and drag out the file to a windows folder.

It should be in .MOV format. I have no problems viewing this file on my PC.

Never though of removing the Wifi Dongle before.. haha..maybe i should remove and keep it in the middle console box. Will see if it really reduces the heat

I feel it does help. The dongle feels much hotter than the cam surface.

Anyone tried without parking mode? Does it helps in conserving the voltage level? My cam is currently showing about 12.4V during parking mode and pretty stable. It is a new battery but seems that it is not too far from 11.8V threshold set in the cam. 

Many have done that... best is to have cams covering all sides...

How long can a video cam last without car battery charging? I hv no intention to plug to my car battery charger
  • Praise 1

Many have done that... best is to have cams covering all sides...

How long can a video cam last without car battery charging? I hv no intention to plug to my car battery charger
  • Praise 1

You can install a battery underneath the dashboard just for the Blackvue, i did that for my 650. 

If you need help, can drop by 62 Geylang Lorong 19. I did mine there, FYI i'm the tenant at 60A.  [wave]

• Praise 1

You can install a battery underneath the dashboard just for the Blackvue, i did that for my 650.

If you need help, can drop by 62 Geylang Lorong 19. I did mine there, FYI i'm the tenant at 60A. [wave]

Thanks! Actually I was not planning for any wiring dangling or installed. I was thinking of re charging the video cam at home whenever battery runs out. Is this practical? How long can a car video cam last by itself?

Some people say actually rear camera more important than front camera. 

I would say it's best to have both judging by the way people are driving on the road these-days. Leave no areas to be disputed.

If you kiss someone's back on the road then you are in the wrong to start with and it is you who need to prove the other party is in the wrong. That's why the front cam is more important.

If you kiss someone's back on the road then you are in the wrong to start with and it is you who need to prove the other party is in the wrong. That's why the front cam is more important.

or suay suay some kuku reverse into your car, but claim is u up his/her back side one, without the front car cam, can only suck time big time.

• Praise 1

most video cams only have batteries/capacitors that last for minutes, if not seconds..

it's only meant to save the final footage after power is cut off in the case of an "event". You'll need to connect the cam to your cigarette lighter port or do wiring for normal recording purposes.

Thanks! Actually I was not planning for any wiring dangling or installed. I was thinking of re charging the video cam at home whenever battery runs out. Is this practical? How long can a car video cam last by itself?

• Praise 1

Not long enough. Fully charged, it might last an hour of recording at most.

Maybe, you can connect a 10kmAh battery bank to it and it might last over 12 hours. Some say 17 hours.

I never try before. Read from suggestion from people in mainland China.

Supercharged

Did you fit yourself or was it fitted, if so where.

Thanks.

DIY. Quite easy to do. Just ordered another model for the rear. Will probably use a power bank to provide the juice for it. Buy capacitor-based ones coz they are much less affected by heat than those that use batteries.

Edited by Kklim

DIY. Quite easy to do. Just ordered another model for the rear. Will probably use a power bank to provide the juice for it. Buy capacitor-based ones coz they are much less affected by heat than those that use batteries.

Thanks, pity about that.

Not too hot in diy for car.

Rather get it done by someone.

IROAD in korea, only 210$ for V7, 250$ for V9 but, including the door to door installation

so cheap!!! lets not get ripped off, here too much expensive. dont lose you money.

if you purchase it at the reasonable price. pls refer this page and find me! id :  whypaymore 

IROAD in korea, only 210$ for V7, 250$ for V9 but, including the door to door installation

so cheap!!! lets not get ripped off, here too much expensive. dont lose you money.

if you purchase it at the reasonable price. pls refer this page and find me! id :  whypaymore 

IROAD in korea, only 210$ for V7, 250$ for V9 but, including the door to door installation

• Praise 1

IRoad user here :D

Anything you will like to know? :)

Hello...i just installed iRoad V9 on my car. I will like to enquire if its normal for recordings and playback to be somewhat laggy and juddering in parking mode? 

Any settings to adjust this? 

And also, the front camera view is somewhat like a 'fish eye' effect.

Im totally new to car cams.

appreciate your inputs.

Thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1