IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

I've been using an iRoad v9 for 2 months now, no complaints. Video quality is clear, and camera is not visible from my point of view in the driver's seat.

I've been able to retrieve all my journey videos from SD card through my desktop. But my iPhone app only can retrieve impact, parking mode motion, parking begin and parking end videos.

Any idea how I can retrieve normal journeys on iPhone too? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

I've been using an iRoad v9 for 2 months now, no complaints. Video quality is clear, and camera is not visible from my point of view in the driver's seat.

I've been able to retrieve all my journey videos from SD card through my desktop. But my iPhone app only can retrieve impact, parking mode motion, parking begin and parking end videos.

Any idea how I can retrieve normal journeys on iPhone too? Thanks.

That is strange. I can view all video including normal ones on my iPhone using the search menu. There isn't any option to choose the video type in the iRoad app. It simply shows all video sorted by date/time. You may want to try another iphone or email AD for support. 

• Praise 2

Anyone tried different brands of SD cards, the iroad SD cards are just too expensive.

don't really understand Bro. All SD cards should function as it is ie. to store data. so i don't see a need to buy iRoad brand.  [confused]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, my BIL encountered something similar on iROAD v9.

First, his car battery is new. However when in KL, he could not start up his car. The engine ON light is lit but just could not start. On these two occasions, he had to disconnect the connector to the car camera. In the next 20-30mins or so, he could start the car again. He was also using a car remote with a new battery.

Second, he changed the car camera's settings; wake/sleep. I could not recall the voltage values set. The encounters related earlier did not recur (thank god), but there were 3 occasions whereby the car camera restarted while he was driving. It mentioned as "shutting down to save power", but restarted almost immediately after it shutdown. And to reiterate again, it happened while he was driving. 

From your encounter, seems like one possibility could be the faulty connector to the fuse. 

Hope any Kor Kor or Jie Jie can share with me how they overcome similar encounters. Thanks all, have a great weekend...with a holiday coming up.

I think I know whats wrong, i use to have iRoad v9. The camera interferes with my car's smart key system, i had issues locking and starting the car unless i disconnect the camera.

• Praise 2

Anyone tried different brands of SD cards, the iroad SD cards are just too expensive.

it's confirmed can... i'm using a samsung 64gb class 10 - got from Qxx10 at about $28 then. first attempt failed to get the set starting up and i gave up after about 5 min.... weeks later i tried again with the same card leaving it on while i drove to work. the machine woke to life after about 15-18 min. it now starts instantly ever since.

My guess is those sold by iroad had been specially "formated" on the machine hence the hefty price (i checked b4, a 32gb will cost $60)... so don't need to waste money but just be patience with it...

• Praise 3

Hi,

Can the iRoad v7 use a Sandisk 128GB microSD card?

Regards

Why would you need a 128Gb SD card???

Aren't all cards on a roll over recording thingy.

they do offer on-spot installation or one of their appointed dealer. 

Can be done at Exhibition parking lot or at their apppoint dealer at Toh Guan or Sin Ming

• Praise 2

V7 selling $250

V9 selling $350

Excl installation

Installation fee charge $50

woah...gaining popularity and up price liao.

1 year ago, i bought 199 only... for V7

• Praise 1

woah...gaining popularity and up price liao.

1 year ago, i bought 199 only... for V7[/quote

Yes, bro

1 year ago v9 only selling 299. Now all model price up so I consider to change other brand.

↡ Advertisement