IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Just not sure if the GPS place on top corner of windshield while there is a darker tint on top will work as well. 

The double-sided tape to mount the module is on the underside, so it'll look strange if you stick the module on the windshield facing down, although I don't think the antenna is directional. 

Mine sits on the far left-side of the dashboard facing up, close to the windshield so the cable is barely exposed.  No one ever asked me what that thing is as it looks stock and part of the dashboard design.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone, 

Recently when i checked my dash cam, the videos are blurry and 'cloudy'. I tried to wipe the camera in front, but the issue still persist. 

Anyone have experience in this issue? 

Would appreciate also anyone could recommend me to any good iroad service centre? This camera comes with the purchase of my car. 

Thank you very much. 

post-308446-0-60162200-1556509944_thumb.png

Hi everyone, 

Recently when i checked my dash cam, the videos are blurry and 'cloudy'. I tried to wipe the camera in front, but the issue still persist. 

Would appreciate also anyone could recommend me to any good iroad service centre? This camera comes with the purchase of my car. 

Thank you very much. 

Look like you are going to Genting highland. :)

Try to wipe the lens with soft material. Those cloth use to clean the spectacles.

If still look like this, then better send to service centre. Which model?

Better unplug the power cable. My battery drained out after I keep it on for parking mode after I returned back from oversea.

Alternatively, you can install a power bank which my friend did.

Until today, my IRoad Apps for Android unable to connect. I did re-install the apps again, but it didn't work.

Quite a disappointment.

I had the issue too

Its Android issue.

Must off your mobile data.

Use only Wifi then can connect.

I thought its iroad app issue, uninstall then reinstall also no use.

Then Google....

Its Android problem lah.

Edited by Atonchia

Some weird bug in the iroad app when it comes to Samsung phones and Android Pie. It's been like that for a while now and the dev hasn't fixed it.

It's frustrating and means you can't do firmware upgrades via the app either.

It's ironic that iroad and Samsung are both Korean brands.

The issue is that some of the smartphones have "intelligent" WiFi scanning - if the WiFi network you are logged on to has no internet connectivity, the smartphone will "auto" switch to mobile data.

Hence, you must turn off mobile data to force the smartphone to keep the connectivity to the WiFi network.

Hi everyone, 

Thank you very much. 

Seems like yours is in a worst state than mine - suggest you go to Corvit service center - it's at Midview City.

Mine can't even capture the plates of cars driving in the adjacent lane of mine, and for cars directly in front of me, if they are 2 car lengths away, my camera fails to capture their plates as well.

I contacted the service center and they told me to bring it in to let their service staff "assess and check" - well, guess what? The service staff simply connected my camera to his own smartphone, played back the footage and said - "No Problem Boss".

And then I was sent on my way out the door - with no repairs made.

The issue is that some of the smartphones have "intelligent" WiFi scanning - if the WiFi network you are logged on to has no internet connectivity, the smartphone will "auto" switch to mobile data.

Hence, you must turn off mobile data to force the smartphone to keep the connectivity to the WiFi network.

Thanks.  That makes a lot of sense and explains why turning off mobile data solves the issue!

Basically it's not an iRoad problem.

Seems like yours is in a worst state than mine - suggest you go to Corvit service center - it's at Midview City.

Just FYI; they have moved to Ubi.

Since sdcard are inexpensive these days...

Anyone already using a 256GB sdcard for their Q9?  The product pages specs the maximum supported capacity is 128GB only.

Thanks.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense and explains why turning off mobile data solves the issue!

Basically it's not an iRoad problem.

Just FYI; they have moved to Ubi.

I would say 100% it's an iroad problem they need to solve.

Fact is the Android Pie and Samsung are the most popular Mobile OS and phone brands in the world. If normal users can't use their dashcams without having to know these workarounds, then it's a failed product/app.

Plus I've lost firmware upgrade functionality as a result.

Neutral Newbie

Look like you are going to Genting highland. :)

Try to wipe the lens with soft material. Those cloth use to clean the spectacles.

If still look like this, then better send to service centre. Which model?

Tried, but no results.. V9 iroad... yea planning too... 

Hi zeref,

You may wish to contact the agent Corvit International Pte Ltd on the issue that you are encountering.  

noted... thanks.. 

Mine can't even capture the plates of cars driving in the adjacent lane of mine, and for cars directly in front of me, if they are 2 car lengths away, my camera fails to capture their plates as well.

I contacted the service center and they told me to bring it in to let their service staff "assess and check" - well, guess what? The service staff simply connected my camera to his own smartphone, played back the footage and said - "No Problem Boss".

And then I was sent on my way out the door - with no repairs made.

from the looks of it, i think it's a camera malfunction.. normally these images happens to a normal camera when there is mold build up in the camera, but not sure about in car camera recorder...

Supercharged

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much.

If it’s V9, u can try bring back to service centre. I did a exchange during the recall period. But same thing happens again. I gave up and upgraded to X9 and problem solved. Basically I think it’s a problem with V9.

(edited)

from the looks of it, i think it's a camera malfunction.. normally these images happens to a normal camera when there is mold build up in the camera, but not sure about in car camera recorder...

Are you using an Ionizer in your car?  If so, check the dashboard's display for similar issue where dirt stick behind the clear plastic.

Edited by Bluemint

I would say 100% it's an iroad problem they need to solve.

Fact is the Android Pie and Samsung are the most popular Mobile OS and phone brands in the world. If normal users can't use their dashcams without having to know these workarounds, then it's a failed product/app.

Plus I've lost firmware upgrade functionality as a result.

Tsk tsk...

The problem is your smartphone has "intelligent" Wi-Fi and refuse to connect to a Wi-Fi source when it detects the source has no access to the internet.  Can you understand this??

iPhone since eons ago will warn you about the no internet access problem, but still connect to the said source.

You expect a Car Cam has the capability to access the Internet?

亲爱的三星。。。厉害就好,不要假厉害。你太多笨蛋用户了。

Neutral Newbie

If it’s V9, u can try bring back to service centre. I did a exchange during the recall period. But same thing happens again. I gave up and upgraded to X9 and problem solved. Basically I think it’s a problem with V9.

Yea it's V9, my warranty it's over, not sure how much it will cost to fix it. Will drop by the service centre. 

Are you using an Ionizer in your car?  If so, check the dashboard's display for similar issue where dirt stick behind the clear plastic.

I did not have any ionizer in my car, i am suspecting it's due to the sun heat, as I recently parked outdoors. 

Tsk tsk...

The problem is your smartphone has "intelligent" Wi-Fi and refuse to connect to a Wi-Fi source when it detects the source has no access to the internet. Can you understand this??

iPhone since eons ago will warn you about the no internet access problem, but still connect to the said source.

You expect a Car Cam has the capability to access the Internet?

亲ç±çä¸æãããå害就好ï¼ä¸è¦åå害ã你太å¤ç¬¨èç¨æ·äºã

Yes. Funnily enough I do understand this.

But you're defending the dashcam manufacturer and app maker that their app doesn't work with one of the most common Android makes and Android OS (ie Samsung Galaxy Series)? And defending that they need not provide ongoing support to their consumers when something (that is not the consumers fault) breaks?

Wow, wish most consumers would be so "understanding"!

Yes. Funnily enough I do understand this.

But you're defending the dashcam manufacturer and app maker that their app doesn't work with one of the most common Android makes and Android OS (ie Samsung Galaxy Series)? And defending that they need not provide ongoing support to their consumers when something (that is not the consumers fault) breaks?

Wow, wish most consumers would be so "understanding"!

Getting off-topic...

lol.  I'm not defending anyone.

For the record this issue has nothing to do with the fine Android OS, but on that particular brand and model of SmartPhone.

PS.  The same dumbphone will not be able to connect to plenty of smart devices like Wi-Fi connected light bulbs, security cam, etc., where their hotspot has no internet connection too.  Go ahead and get all these product manufacturers to fix their gadgets too, ok?

(edited)

Getting off-topic...

lol. I'm not defending anyone.

For the record this issue has nothing to do with the fine Android OS, but on that particular brand and model of SmartPhone.

PS. The same dumbphone will not be able to connect to plenty of smart devices like Wi-Fi connected light bulbs, security cam, etc., where their hotspot has no internet connection too. Go ahead and get all these product manufacturers to fix their gadgets too, ok?

Your analogy makes no sense. If I have a dumb phone, 90% of consumers already have an expectation that it can't connect to smart devices. As a consumer of a smartphone, I have an expectation that it would work with the apps in the official app store. Your analogy is equal to me saying that I should get angry at hyundai, because the hyundai I bought can't go ask fast as a ferrari.

Further to your point, I can understand if the app maker ignored the issue if it's a small no-name phone manufacturer. Maybe even if its oneplus or sony. But it's the whole Samsung Galaxy range! That's 30% of the entire mobile phone market! So potentially 1 in 3 users of smartphones can't use your app and therefore your product. Isn't that a problem?

Nevertheless, no point arguing here. The app has a store rating of 2.3/5 and there are a tonne of complaints and negative comments. To me that suggests that there is a problem for lots of peopls. If people can't use the app, they can't use the product and they look elsewhere. The dashcam manufacturer loses. I for one am considering changing away from iroad and I sure as hell won't recommend it to anyone.

Edited by GTO-1
↡ Advertisement