IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

iRoad User too.

previously a V7 user, now a V9.

V7 is a very good cam but upgrade to the V9 becos of FHD.

No regrets.

Paris airport limousine service

==================

The recorder would be on board as I don't believe streaming video is going to work reliably everywhere the squad car goes during his shift. ...is ittt..

• Praise 1

caution of second-hand products purchase 

October 13, 2015

/in News /by corvitsg

Hello, we are Corvit International.

There have been an increase of cases that second-hand products are sold as new-one online for the last a few months.

Those which are purchased on Gumtree, Carousell etc are second-hand products, so customer services is not provided. Please be advised not to get any disadvantages by the warranty as it is invalid.

Added to that, the customer service will not be available without Order number(or receipt), Warranty card.

Please inquire regarding customer service at “[email protected]

Thank you very much.

• Praise 1

Bros, 

Anyone using the iRoad V9 to provide some feedback?

planning to get 1, need advise on it.

Can the JDR file be played in PC or MAC?

I was initially considering Thinkware or BlackVue but later chose iRoad V9 after comparing them at the workshop. 

What I like:

1) Smallest footprint.

2) HD both front and back

3) Auto-shutdown below voltage threshold. 

4) Motion detection for parking recording.

5) 64GB SD card can record > 3 days including parking recording.

6) clear video for both day and night.

7) Convenient and simple view/configure/download via Phone apps & WiFi

What I dislike:

1) Unable to hear audio on iOS. Only can hear it on Andriod phone and need to save the video to phone first. Distributor says can hear on iRoad's PC software but I did not try.

2) Little issue on Andriod phone app. Need to disable mobile data before can access the cam properly.

Hope this helps.

I was initially considering Thinkware or BlackVue but later chose iRoad V9 after comparing them at the workshop.

What I like:

1) Smallest footprint.

2) HD both front and back

3) Auto-shutdown below voltage threshold.

4) Motion detection for parking recording.

5) 64GB SD card can record > 3 days including parking recording.

6) clear video for both day and night.

7) Convenient and simple view/configure/download via Phone apps & WiFi

What I dislike:

1) Unable to hear audio on iOS. Only can hear it on Andriod phone and need to save the video to phone first. Distributor says can hear on iRoad's PC software but I did not try.

2) Little issue on Andriod phone app. Need to disable mobile data before can access the cam properly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, bro.

Just 1 more qn, the video downloaded can only be watched using iRoad's PC software? Or the windows media player will be able to do the job?

Mind sharing which work you go to?

Edited by cheealan

Thanks, bro.

Just 1 more qn, the video downloaded can only be watched using iRoad's PC software? Or the windows media player will be able to do the job?

Mind sharing which work you go to?

I tried to view the video file saved on my iPhone and realized iPhone use its proprietary AAE format. So I cannot view it on Windows PC. Arrg! Piss off me and makes me consider switching to Andriod for my next phone.

You may want to try asking Corvit, iRoad distributor in SG. They responded quickly to my query. 

My workshop is AutoImage in Sin Ming. Ted served me and he is a sincere and patient guy with great service. 

I tried to view the video file saved on my iPhone and realized iPhone use its proprietary AAE format. So I cannot view it on Windows PC. Arrg! Piss off me and makes me consider switching to Andriod for my next phone.

You may want to try asking Corvit, iRoad distributor in SG. They responded quickly to my query. 

My workshop is AutoImage in Sin Ming. Ted served me and he is a sincere and patient guy with great service. 

I tried to play with AAE again and it seems to be auto-converted to a MOV file after transferring to Windows. You can then play it with any player that support the format. 

I tried to play with AAE again and it seems to be auto-converted to a MOV file after transferring to Windows. You can then play it with any player that support the format. 

Thanks, Bro.

Bros,

Got complaints that V9 very hot due to FHD..

If parked in open car park , should be worse..

• Praise 2

Got complaints that V9 very hot due to FHD..

If parked in open car park , should be worse..

haven't collect my car, but I instruct my dealer to install V9. V9 really got heat issue, one thing is that the WIFI dongle should be removed if not using lor, else it'll draw power and thus generate heat in the V9.

• Praise 1

haven't collect my car, but I instruct my dealer to install V9. V9 really got heat issue, one thing is that the WIFI dongle should be removed if not using lor, else it'll draw power and thus generate heat in the V9.

I am not aware on the heat issue as I parked under shelter most of the time. I will take note.  

Removing the WIFI dongle is a good idea. It is not needed unless you wants to view playback or change settings. 

Bros, 

I see the iRoad T-8 is S$250 with AA membership.

Is that a good buy and where can it be fitted????

And how much for fitting?

Edited by Neutrino

Thanks ball, i buy liao...i c review like not bad..at $250 is quite cheap.

Front HD (1280x720), rear 720x480p

I like the wifi capability link to smartphone and there is a 3.5 inch touch screen LCD to configure.

I see my post above duplicates yours.

My bad.

Have you bought one and had it installed??

I'm not very techie and don't have smartphone so how do I view?? - on PC possible and how.

Thanks.

I see the iRoad T-8 is S$250 with AA membership.

Is that a good buy and where can it be fitted????

And how much for fitting?

I am no sure about the price for T-8, plus i am not with AA 

but anyway, seems like a decent price. 

typically, if you buy from the workshop, you can bargain for installation free.  [:p]

May i know if anyone using V9 facing over heating issue?

Edited by cheealan

I am no sure about the price for T-8, plus i am not with AA 

but anyway, seems like a decent price. 

typically, if you buy from the workshop, you can bargain for installation free.  [:p]

May i know if anyone using V9 facing over heating issue?

iRoad v9 does feel warm like most electronic devices (e.g. wireless router). I have not tried other cams so I do not know whether it is better or worst than others. I seldom park my car under the sun so I have yet to encounter my cam unable to work due to overheating. 

iRoad v9 does feel warm like most electronic devices (e.g. wireless router). I have not tried other cams so I do not know whether it is better or worst than others. I seldom park my car under the sun so I have yet to encounter my cam unable to work due to overheating. 

If you leave your camera in the car when not there aren't you leaving the car open to a break in to steal the camera???

↡ Advertisement