Orthotics/Inserts For Shoes / Podiatry

RH1667

Hi,

Any bro here have experience with Podiatry ?

Any good ones to recommend to check on feet condition to make customise insert for shoes?

Thank you

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Do you feel pain by wearing normal shoes?

my wife tried those in the shopping mall, not cheap but it helps. She wear it for almost 2 years and improve the condition.

Now she is able to wear normal shoes (not high heel though) and dun feel the pain like before.

• Praise 1

4th floor Clementi Mall, outside library also have. A custom made pair costs $300 - $400.

I made a pair and used it with my work shoes. Helped to alleviate pain to my feet, knees and lower back due to imbalanced walking and all my weight bearing on just 3 points on each foot (I am high arched).

Now after 3 years of continous wearing it, my feet bones have been pushed back and so no longer need to wear. And no pain too.

Do you feel pain by wearing normal shoes?

my wife tried those in the shopping mall, not cheap but it helps. She wear it for almost 2 years and improve the condition.

Now she is able to wear normal shoes (not high heel though) and dun feel the pain like before.

I have no problem wearing normal shoes.

Just that my walking style / way is incorrect.

Always landing on the outside of my heel, so shoes worn out on outside of heel first.

• Praise 1

Go Bedok point. there is one there that customises soles.

Do they do any check before recommending what kind do insert / soles is required ?

4th floor Clementi Mall, outside library also have. A custom made pair costs $300 - $400.

I made a pair and used it with my work shoes. Helped to alleviate pain to my feet, knees and lower back due to imbalanced walking and all my weight bearing on just 3 points on each foot (I am high arched).

Now after 3 years of continous wearing it, my feet bones have been pushed back and so no longer need to wear. And no pain too.

I am flat foot, so will it help ?

• Praise 2

Do they do any check before recommending what kind do insert / soles is required ?

I am flat foot, so will it help ?

They will do an impression test on each foot to see which part of your foot is bearing your weight and is in contact with the ground. A custom insole will be made for each foot's contour to even out weight distribution. You will see the results of the impression for yourself on the screen.

Flat footed means you need a custom arch support, otherwise the insides of your knees will ache. Yes an insole will help alleviate pain if you walk a lot.

Also means that you have to buy sports shoes that emphasise motion control. When you run, you under-pronate and as a result, wear the inside of your knees prematurely.

I am the opposite, high arch. I have to wear sports shoes with extra cushioning. The outside of my shoes wear out prematurely and I jar my joints too violently when I run.

• Praise 2

They will do an impression test on each foot to see which part of your foot is bearing your weight and is in contact with the ground. A custom insole will be made for each foot's contour to even out weight distribution. You will see the results of the impression for yourself on the screen.

Flat footed means you need a custom arch support, otherwise the insides of your knees will ache. Yes an insole will help alleviate pain if you walk a lot.

Also means that you have to buy sports shoes that emphasise motion control. When you run, you under-pronate and as a result, wear the inside of your knees prematurely.

I am the opposite, high arch. I have to wear sports shoes with extra cushioning. The outside of my shoes wear out prematurely and I jar my joints too violently when I run.

Thank you for the explanation bro.

• Praise 4

Here is the website of the company

http://www.solemate.com.sg/

Intially walking will be painful as the bones in your feet get re-aligned and also from blisters where the insole rubs against skin that usually does not touch the ground.

Thank you bro!

Will find time to have a check up with them.

• Praise 3

Hi, I have just seen a podiatrist 2 weeks ago in Mount Elizabeth orchard Hospital rehab dept. I have heel pain and some needle sensation on my left feet when I exercise.

Her name is Tiffany Tsao. She is very caring and professional. As I am not sure about medical terms, she can explain clearly in laymen terms. I got my insoles and it is amazing. She also told me I would need physiotherapist to help me with my lower back pain.

After much research, I realize that the podiatrists are the experts in biomechanics and orthotics. The retail type in mall is handled by technicians/ newbies and most of them do not have any experience with orthotics. Please go and see a professional.

Do not waste money and time on retail orthotics. Your feet and my feet is not the same.

Agree on this. When I visited my ortho I asked him about those sole customise shops in shopping centres. He said that there's a reason why they are found in shopping malls and not in hospitals. Go figure.

The custom insoles really help my heel pain when i was having heel pain on my left feet few years ago. That is why even till now, even though my old insoles are in such a bad shape, i continue to wear them. I cannot go out without them.

I will need to change them very soon. Hopefully i can find a good promotion here with some good recommendations.

Bro, go to a Polyclinic, have the doc refer u to a podiatry either at SGH or CGH. Their insoles r about $160 yrs ago. They'll mold your feet & send them to AU to have your insoles made. Cheaper & u likely could get medical reimbursement from your company for it

Neutral Newbie

I got my pair of custom insoles from a podiatry clinic. guys keen to try, do google East Coast Podiatry Centre. got a few branches over Singapore. 

I got my pair of custom insoles from a podiatry clinic. guys keen to try, do google East Coast Podiatry Centre. got a few branches over Singapore.

How much did you pay for the insole? I'm pretty interested in getting one for my flat foot but and afraid of the huge cost to it

On 2/17/2017 at 6:54 PM, Kurenai said:

how much did you pay? i think i need too.

i am more than 1.9m tall and with large feet. damn annoying to change shoes, and now i think my feet pain coz of bad insoles

2 hours ago, archcherub said:

how much did you pay? i think i need too.

i am more than 1.9m tall and with large feet. damn annoying to change shoes, and now i think my feet pain coz of bad insoles

I just made a pair 4 my son. Went polyclinic and referred to TTSH Foot Care & Limb Design Centre. Price quoted about S$1xx to S$4xx iirc (depending on ur subsidy level and not including consulting fees). Tats for his sch shoe when e internal base of e shoe is flat.

As for his other 'sports' shoe where e internal base of e shoe is arch, i buy shoe insert (harden type on e arch) and also gg to do a customized one in e future (harded type where base is arch also) fr up north....insert about rm200, customised about rm400.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, zipping said:

I just made a pair 4 my son. Went polyclinic and referred to TTSH Foot Care & Limb Design Centre. Price quoted about S$1xx to S$4xx iirc (depending on ur subsidy level and not including consulting fees). Tats for his sch shoe when e internal base of e shoe is flat.

As for his other 'sports' shoe where e internal base of e shoe is arch, i buy shoe insert (harden type on e arch) and also gg to do a customized one in e future (harded type where base is arch also) fr up north....insert about rm200, customised about rm400.

wow! $400 plus excluding consulting fees if no subsidies.

omg that's expensive. haih and last time in the army, we envied those who flat foot excused from running some more.

↡ Advertisement