Better router or wifi extender

Stratovarius

Oh, it's also real stupid when ISP doesn't care how little bandwidth you need and the least you can go is 1Gbps.

Not much savings if you go lower and in actual fact, we're good with just 200Mbps.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

A few years ago, SingTel customer service kept pestering me to recontract & upgrade my obsolete 500Mbps plan to 1Gbps.

I told her politely I don't need 1Gbps & certainly don't want to pay $10 more for it ($49.90 instead of 39.90).

The last straw was when she warned me that I have to pay for a new router should it fail if I don't recontract cos no more warranty.

Fine, I switched to M1 1Gbps at $39.90 and got a new Asus router vs recontract at 49.90 for a SingTel rebranded Aztech router.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

I looking at this.. currently on sicktel.. if i changing to Myrepublic i will need them to install and activate before i terminate sicktel right?

and hoh house number will get new number right? any chance to retain if i move to Myrepublic?

image.thumb.png.0edf56a694f4eef77ee07f0da40e94ff.png

On 12/10/2022 at 11:47 AM, Genes said:

@Ody_2004 Think number porting is possible, but best to confirm with MR before u sign

Thanks.. to save all trouble i recontracted with SinkTel at $39.90 per month for 2 years #1Gbps

Got the tp link ax5400 separately but facing issue.. why can't i connect to the ONT direct to the router? got no internet error.. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Thanks.. to save all trouble i recontracted with SinkTel at $39.90 per month for 2 years #1Gbps

Got the tp link ax5400 separately but facing issue.. why can't i connect to the ONT direct to the router? got no internet error.. 

did u reboot all?

17 minutes ago, RadX said:

did u reboot all?

rebooted many times liao.. never faced such challenges before.. normally plug n play de.. i even called sinktel hotline they refuse to help as not from them! whahahaha

3 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

TP link shouldn’t have this problem. Got plug in cables wrongly or not? Haha. 

Check again.

4 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Check again.

ok can liao.. must use laptop.. zzzzz.. refer to this video

• Haha! 2

37 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

rebooted many times liao.. never faced such challenges before.. normally plug n play de.. i even called sinktel hotline they refuse to help as not from them! whahahaha

Singtel ONT or ONR is using vlan tagging, you might to configure the vlan for your tp router for it work. See url for instructions. Otherwise Singtel might hard coded  your old router mac address, you need to call singtel to remove the old router mac address and add in your new router mac address.

https://www.tp-link.com/sg/support/faq/1585/

• Praise 4

29 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Check again.

Normally user problem and correct…😂

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Ghgan said:

Singtel ONT or ONR is using vlan tagging, you might to configure the vlan for your tp router for it work. See url for instructions. Otherwise Singtel might hard coded  your old router mac address, you need to call singtel to remove the old router mac address and add in your new router mac address.

https://www.tp-link.com/sg/support/faq/1585/

m1 also does that mac address tagging i think. 

I haven't rebooted my modem or router for many years.

I am not sure why so many people have to reboot so many times.

I will only do it when MIL visit and doing something important

and suddenly signal just disappear!

:D

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

you got the tp link ax5400 locally or from taoabao?

the price is of big difference.

Any difference to the coverage when using the tp link?

I presume the ax5400 is connect after the Singtel modern ? Is not a replacement to it.

Now using the singtel mesh router and the coverage is so so.

Thanks. 

Edited by Credor

8 minutes ago, Credor said:

you got the tp link ax5400 locally or from taoabao?

the price is of big difference.

Any difference to the coverage when using the tp link?

I presume the ax5400 is connect after the Singtel modern ? Is not a replacement to it.

Now using the singtel mesh router and the coverage is so so.

Thanks. 

Got it locally Carousell. Those signed M1 got this router..

The AX5400 antenna oredi put the stock Singtel AC Plus router to shame! whahahahahahha.. so far i will say better.. 

ONT to AX5400.. the stock Singtel retired to cupboard.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Got it locally Carousell. Those signed M1 got this router..

The AX5400 antenna oredi put the stock Singtel AC Plus router to shame! whahahahahahha.. so far i will say better.. 

ONT to AX5400.. the stock Singtel retired to cupboard.

free things cant be good..good things cant be free...ever since i got my spider router..NO MORE of those crap stock routers..no name ones.....like SH and ST

I recontracted with StinkTel. supposed to get a Mesh extender, but they (stated in the agreement) gave me a WiFi 6 router instead. Counter staff told me contract stated router, could not change. Really WTF!

I replaced my old router (using same WiFi name and password) but many devices did not connect. I won't go through the trouble of reconnecting 20 plus devices. So the new router ended up back in the box. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2