Bus driver attempts to boot NSF off bus for not having money

Cerano

that time we all in sungei gedong camp

take donno what bus from CCK mrt to go back camp on sunday night

all press the least amount

then the bus driver naughty stop in the middle of no where spot check everybody ticket

everybody lan lan pay again

then when go down, everybody press the bell [laugh]

ARMOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes ! ! ! I kena a few times. Once caught , the driver asked us to pay the full fare regardless of what we had paid up initially.

Those were the days ! Lol....

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)

The bus driver is just doing his job.

Is he there to make mission critical decision on whether a NS guy can take free ride or not and be condemned by his decision ?

Personally, I've seen one guy argue with the bus driver, refuse to pay, refuse to get off.

Bus driver also no choice but to drive off as he need to meet his KPI.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

Yes ! ! ! I kena a few times. Once caught , the driver asked us to pay the full fare regardless of what we had paid up initially.

Those were the days ! Lol....

I think it is the same bus driver you know

those guards and air defence chaps also very unhappy

say wanna beat him up lah

get tonner driver to take over the driving lah

but end up nobody do no nothing [laugh]

that time, the feeling was pissed off and helpless

20 years later look back, like funny like that [laugh]

Turbocharged

Long long time ago when i'm still in sec 1, i board the bus and realised my farecard not enough money for the 45 cents fare.. The bus driver very kindly say "nvm, just take a seat and alight wherever you want to alight"

• Praise 2

Yes, it is utter rubbish. I remember my first bookout weekend was to "army market" at beach road where I had to buy my own supplies.... Ridiculous. But extra uniform can use emart credit la.

is it? I lao peng..

only bought gortex boots to replace my ROD boots once. it fell apart in a few months and my next ICT the heels chwee. cannot exchange some more.. dulan to the max.

that time I NS no emart credit. all is own money...

Supersonic

is it? I lao peng..

only bought gortex boots to replace my ROD boots once. it fell apart in a few months and my next ICT the heels chwee. cannot exchange some more.. dulan to the max.

that time I NS no emart credit. all is own money...

I see.

How? Now you still need boots?

• Praise 1

Those whose articles are posted on Stomp get $50.

What if someone is being hacked and needs to board bus urgently but got no cash or EZ link card?

Should the bus driver let him board?

that $50 should go to the poor NSF who couldn't pay bus fare.. [:p]

If I NSF, I will go around to create all the unfair stories and have my friend stomp for me and we share the $50s... [sly]

board airplane lah, board bus lah, go hawker lah, go la sap bar lah, go la sap spa lah, go geylang lah.. [blush]

ok no more jokes..

I see.

How? Now you still need boots?

still surviving on the one last pair.. I hope can last till I MR...

a few more years.. endure!

all the other ICT nsmen machiam young young.. only me old old..

defer ICT for too many years lah... :lll._.:

I remember last time I NS barely hab marnie too. Can oni look see look see [bigcry]

why must you remind me of my past too ......... :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

that time we all in sungei gedong camp

take donno what bus from CCK mrt to go back camp on sunday night

all press the least amount

then the bus driver naughty stop in the middle of no where spot check everybody ticket

everybody lan lan pay again

then when go down, everybody press the bell [laugh]

ARMOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha bro, you already consider lucky... my time don't even know what is mrt.... was staying in bedok and to go to sungei gedong, need to take 3 buses -> bedok to crawford street, service 181 -> bukit timah 7 miles, then 172? (or was it 175?) to camp. to reach camp b4 23:59, need to leave home ard 4+pm.... and salary was just ard $100 and no free ride as well... those were the days...

Edited by Stevle

Those whose articles are posted on Stomp get $50.

What if someone is being hacked and needs to board bus urgently but got no cash or EZ link card?

Should the bus driver let him board?

Clearly in that case the decision is even clearer than here

The bus driver is just doing his job.

Is he there to make mission critical decision on whether a NS guy can take free ride or not and be condemned by his decision ?

Personally, I've seen one guy argue with the bus driver, refuse to pay, refuse to get off.

Bus driver also no choice but to drive off as he need to meet his KPI.

Like it or not it is part of job's unwritten description.

This is akin to any customer svc officer handling a situation.

haha bro, you already consider lucky... my time don't even know what is mrt.... was staying in bedok and to go to sungei gedong, need to take 3 buses -> bedok to crawford street, service 181 -> bukit timah 7 miles, then 172? (or was it 175?) to camp. to reach camp b4 23:59, need to leave home ard 4+pm.... and salary was just ard $100 and no free ride as well... those were the days...

Whoa!!! I think your time really amx13 liao

allowance even less than table wiper pay..

some more allowance used to buy supplies that mindef is too cheap to give. rifle cleaning supplies, black tape, comms cord, torch, battery, extra uniform.. things that e-mart credit cannot use for.

I think high time that we pay bangla to do sai kang and leave nsmen out of it.

How come you all need to buy army stuff......i never did except for socks,camouflage face netting, name tag....all small items that we can get from the unit's gift shop. Only during reservist i need to go to beach road to buy army stuff but no.4 i had never bought before.......all SAF issued. Thise time got no emart or whatsoever.

Supercharged

Some of the ns story

I donno true or not

But quite heart breaking one

my camp last time full strength 99 pax only. Including OC down to last man. most of the people's story i also know, even my OC's.

Got very sad one, also got those you dunno what is going through their minds and how they managed to survive until 18 years old.

Army very good, it shows you the numerous kind of people you will meet when you step into society. It's like a societal preparatory institution.

Whoa!!! I think your time really amx13 liao

i ever rode on top of an amx 13.......tank infantry training and it was really hot! When you jump down you land on mud higher than your ankle.....want to run also cannot....😥😥😦

my camp last time full strength 99 pax only. Including OC down to last man. most of the people's story i also know, even my OC's.

Got very sad one, also got those you dunno what is going through their minds and how they managed to survive until 18 years old.

Army very good, it shows you the numerous kind of people you will meet when you step into society. It's like a societal preparatory institution.

ya...my unit also same....no education...some got real family issues! Got 1 makel always awol to work outside as money not enough for family. One had a child during bmt....pay oni 170...how to support child sia! So many sob story.....

Supersonic

still surviving on the one last pair.. I hope can last till I MR...

a few more years.. endure!

all the other ICT nsmen machiam young young.. only me old old..

defer ICT for too many years lah... :lll._.:

Kor lian....

Are you sure you don't have e-mart credits? I thought everyone should have. I use my spare credits to buy sports shoes and socks every year.

If you need to buy boots, please don't use cash. PM me and I buy for you.

(edited)

Kor lian....

Are you sure you don't have e-mart credits? I thought everyone should have. I use my spare credits to buy sports shoes and socks every year.

If you need to buy boots, please don't use cash. PM me and I buy for you.

Lol.. Thanks bro! No need lah.. I gave away some of my older more tough boots. Hard as hell to season..wear Liao get blisters.

This old one I have soft soft... More comfy than the gortex one some more.

Yes my emart credits that time enough for new boots but I find the gortex really cmi. Emart credit or not is a waste of money. Anyway ORD soon will also give away the boots or give back recycle. Better not to waste money. In fact the green socks have to keep changing as the quality not as good as before.

Feels itchy too. The black socks more comfy.

I think I already used up my allotment of emart credits.. ICT coming up in a few months... I check if they got top up or not.

Edited by Nolicense
↡ Advertisement