Power Vs Authority

Antonee

Turbocharged

Hi guys,

just want to rant out something that our day to day job.

For example, Project A.

A certain individual (Mid Level) requested for further insights / analysis on project A where completed . The said project was handled by internal stakeholders and external stakeholders. Given that the project A was aired within external stakeholder's inventories , they will have a lot insights/data.

External stakeholders sent very raw insights (in excel) to internal stakeholders where not very much helps on analysis which could help on phase B of the said project.

The "individual(Mid level) asked for more insights from extenal stakeholders, this shxt arse said "Sorry , we don't provide this, usually in excel only ".

The "individual" du lan, and feedback this to his superior. His superior sent a email to the external stakeholder requesting for further insights from the "individual" email thread. The said external stakeholder kia si , leg turn jelly already and replied they will expedite anyway they can from this.

Do you guys face this issue too and how do you deal with this people ? There is this chinese term somewhat called : Go Nian Kan Ren Dee !

The mid level fella not strong that's why people walk all over him. It has nothing to do with authority.

😂

I'm not sure I understand your story, but you should think outside the box and aim to leverage your core competencies to get buy-in from all corporate demographics while empowering your tiger-teams to deep-dive into the issues at hand to find a win-win solution that breaks the mould while still aligning with your corporate values.

I'm not sure I understand what I just wrote either but I'm sure it must be right because all the management experts agree.

• Praise 5

dam!! there is something seriously very wrong with me!!!!

you know what?

I saw titties [dizzy]:o

I read again

dammm!!!

I can understand .......... :nosebleed:

I'm not sure I understand your story, but you should think outside the box and aim to leverage your core competencies to get buy-in from all corporate demographics while empowering your tiger-teams to deep-dive into the issues at hand to find a win-win solution that breaks the mould while still aligning with your corporate values.

I'm not sure I understand what I just wrote either but I'm sure it must be right because all the management experts agree.

humans are complex creatures ........

• Praise 2

I agree with whatever u say :)

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Got use a lot of corporate lingo. Advice seems legit.

Hypersonic

This is a common problem when dealing with external stakeholder. If the boss understands and willing to intervene when necessary, it is not a major issue. This is likely not an issue that occurs frequently. The most likely reason is the external stakeholder did not want additional work to come up with the detail insights.

Part of working life actually. Nothing to do with power or authority.

• Praise 3

Hi guys,

For example, Project A.

A certain individual (Mid Level) requested for further insights / analysis on project A where completed . The said project was handled by internal stakeholders and external stakeholders. Given that the project A was aired within external stakeholder's inventories , they will have a lot insights/data.

External stakeholders sent very raw insights (in excel) to internal stakeholders where not very much helps on analysis which could help on phase B of the said project.

The "individual(Mid level) asked for more insights from extenal stakeholders, this shxt arse said "Sorry , we don't provide this, usually in excel only ".

The "individual" du lan, and feedback this to his superior. His superior sent a email to the external stakeholder requesting for further insights from the "individual" email thread. The said external stakeholder kia si , leg turn jelly already and replied they will expedite anyway they can from this.

Do you guys face this issue too and how do you deal with this people ? There is this chinese term somewhat called : Go Nian Kan Ren Dee !

Are you in the rail business

trying to find out the cause

of the break dance?

:D

• Praise 9

use diagram will make it easier to understand? [laugh][laugh]

62566376.jpg

you just googled management speak right

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

No project manager to manage both sides?

Hi guys,

For example, Project A.

• Praise 2

even they have ... it will still end up in the same story hahaha 2 different entities ma

you living in SG ..... Im surprised you still alive hahaha

62566376.jpg

• Praise 9

(edited)

The mid level fella not strong that's why people walk all over him. It has nothing to do with authority.

😂

Haha this is fact of life. Have you listen ricky martin cup of life? Go figure.

Are you in the rail business

trying to find out the cause

of the break dance?

:D

Its technology sector.

Manager cc but zuo bo lan. Director XX was cc and just back from holiday. Fella shoot a feedback to drector XX and things was carried out by the lazy bum (external stakeholder) after Director XX voiced out.

62566376.jpg

you just googled management speak right

So r u going to give me english lesson?

Edited by Antonee
  • Praise 1

I NEVER need copy my Boss in any email to "borrow" strength.

Not before , not now, not in future.

So lame. Just wipe it up myself....steady one.

The reminds me, its time to ask for a 20% pay raise for being so steady.

• Praise 3

Hi guys,

For example, Project A.

Normal in project management and office politics. No need to be so angry. If project A is completed, just ask for the full documentations will do.

If Phase B of the project is still a joint project between internal and external Stickholder, call for meeting and signed off on Requirements Spec will do.

However, nothing wrong with the "individual(Mid level) escalation to the Balls. That's what our balls are for.

Can't imagine if the "individual(Mid level) handle 3 to 4 major projects at the same time, think he will "du lan" everyday 24/7.

Nothing to do with Power Vs Authority. Just need to learn and improvise how to handle "nasty people" and improvise on his

project management skills.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1