Toyota Sienta 2016

Panda88

19 hours ago, hushpuppy8827 said:

Is sienta x ves band A? I see borneo indicate as band B

PI Sienta is band A

AD (Borneo) Sienta is band B

On 12/1/2020 at 7:48 PM, Gabrielhrteo said:

Is this deal good? Sienta X @$80,888 (2 bids guaranteed COE). Considering that it is VES A (there will be additional $5k rebate from its OMV from Jan 21). Or should I hold the purchase and wait and see how it goes from Jan 21? 

Personally, i think there is no best time to buy a car. While some people say that it is good to wait till next year when additional 5K rebate kicks in, there are other mitigating factors as well to consider:

1) Uptrend in COE (due to the impending cut by 11% of the COE quota in Feb) + buying for CNY

2) The additional 5K rebate may not flow down to the consumers. Consumers maybe just screwed with a car with lower scrap value and not much difference in buy price.

I gotten my JDM Sienta X at the first bid in early Aug 2020 and have been driving till now...FC quite good maintaining at 14.5-15km/L...bought at 80k, comparing the pricing now, I feel it's quite a steal back then... scheduling for it 2nd servicing soon in Feb 2021. 

Oh yes, 3rd row can be abit stuffy when comes to hot weather but I bought a mini usb fan from TB ($6?) which stick on the central blower and diverted more AC circulation to the back 3 row. 

It does work quite well and cool down the rear within few mins. 

Seriously IMHO, it's a quite boring car as a driver but it is fantastic as a passenger car...hahaha 🤣🤣. 

Edited by SGCMgentoro
Spelling
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, SGCMgentoro said:

I gotten my JDM Sienta X at the first bid in early Aug 2020 and have been driving till now...FC quite good maintaining at 14.5-15km/L...bought at 80k, comparing the pricing now, I feel it's quite a steal back then... scheduling for it 2nd servicing soon in Feb 2021. 

Oh yes, 3rd row can be abit stuffy when comes to hot weather but I bought a mini usb fan from TB ($6?) which stick on the central blower and diverted more AC circulation to the back 3 row. 

It does work quite well and cool down the rear within few mins. 

Seriously IMHO, it's a quite boring car as a driver but it is fantastic as a passenger car...hahaha 🤣🤣. 

can share link or photo for your fan? My Vios 2nd row passengers already melting cause the air con really CMI =D

Hi all, I'm getting my sienta soon, is there a difference in 15 and 16 inch car wheels in terms of fuel consumption? 

And do u guys do any protection for car sit leather or any coating required for new car? Thanks in advance!

15 or 16 inch rim will insignificant difference in FC and power. marginally would be 5-10% FC depending on footing... sienta is quite an underpowered heavy car. 

For coating, rule of thumb is: you get what you pay for...

Personally if I can afford, I would go for $500+ above self healing ceramic coating...and also personally for seats, I would prefer leather.  Simply I dun vacuum often hence cloth seat will tend to get very dusty. 

6👈 b:// 🔑SBGzctkxQko₵dȦ开👉淘baӧ👈【车载电风扇七彩创意多功能24V大货车汽车风扇usb接口车用小电风扇】

Edited by SGCMgentoro
error

1 hour ago, YMorningstar said:

Thanks! But I recently test drive Sienta Petrol version with 4 + 1 adults, I dont feel it is an underpowered car.

Good for you! =D We took it up a slight slope and decided to get the vios instead =D Same engine but less heavy chasis!

The sienta reminded me of an attrage going up the ramp

I was damn worried of Sienta Petrol getting underpowered too after going thru lots of review from different platform, but after my test drive it changed my perspective of that car. That day I was also test driving toyota raize, both chiong up carpark slope, overall Sienta was a comfortable ride for passenger, raize has a more bumpy ride behind. Power wise raize feels like having a higher power for chionging but I didn't feel Sienta is underpowered either. However my friend's dad has a Sienta hybrid, which she drove before and said is an underpowered car, was with me during test drive too, didn't feel it is underpowered haha. Maybe I would try her dad's hybrid car someday.

On 13/01/2021 at 9:12 AM, YMorningstar said:

I was damn worried of Sienta Petrol getting underpowered too after going thru lots of review from different platform, but after my test drive it changed my perspective of that car. That day I was also test driving toyota raize, both chiong up carpark slope, overall Sienta was a comfortable ride for passenger, raize has a more bumpy ride behind. Power wise raize feels like having a higher power for chionging but I didn't feel Sienta is underpowered either. However my friend's dad has a Sienta hybrid, which she drove before and said is an underpowered car, was with me during test drive too, didn't feel it is underpowered haha. Maybe I would try her dad's hybrid car someday.

May I know Wats Ur current ride? Or is sienta going to be Ur first ride?

I test drove both petrol n hybrid version twice,  BM n pi Petrol version too. I'm quite surprised u find it not underpowered. On paper u look at the bhp n torque, it's easily the weakness in all 1.5l na car n sienta is quite heavy(1300kg+)

The moment I step on the accelerator when the traffic light turn green, the whole engine roar like as if I rev at 5k rpm. And I step slowly to see whether is there any diff, and it's still the same. Even my maid complaint when this car no power

Maybe power is subjective. If only sienta is equipped with a 1.8l hybrid engine like Noah or Prius then I will consider this car

• Praise 1

I drove a 13yrs+ 2008 Seinta over 41months. Trade in for PRAF May 2016 PI Seinta G with 50months left. Impressed with the smooth n silent cabin despite a 120,000km registered by 1 st Owner. City driving 12 to 14km per litre. Highway 21km. If over the next 45months trouble free motoring.  Will forgo PARF to extend another 10yrs if COE is under $35,000.

• Praise 1

Hi during routine servicing, my sienta 1.5  front lower arm bush cracked (pic attached) and was advised by AD workshop to change the entire set quoting 900. is this normal price? anyone can help with recommendations or advice? really appreciate...

TFront arm Bush1.jpeg

↡ Advertisement