Toyota Sienta 2016

Panda88

It belt slipping is caused by the pulley. Sometimes you might here the short screeching sound when a car move off or climb up a slope like the Slyphy, Corolla etc...Sienta also had this issue. Being a fussy person, I took it to one workshop and the owner showed me what was causing the sound.

There is a pulley that the fan belt runs overs and the circular rim of the pulley part has been worn to silver colour (new pulley is black in colour on the rim) and this caused the belt to slip, change that pulley which costs about $70 dollars and the sound is totally gone. No point in spraying WD40 or tightening the fan belt, the sound will come back after a week.

As for the aircon clutch, it really depends oif the clutch is a separate piece or connected to the aircon compressor. For the old Sienta, the clutch is a separate piece from the compressor, so the compressor is still fine, you just change the clutch. For cars like toyota rush which my friend is driving, the aircon clutch is connected to the aircon compressor so have to change the whole compressor.

Anyway, you will be glad to know that Sienta runs on timing chain, so my ex Sienta had a mileage of about 250k, nothing major broke down...aircon compressor was still fine, timing chain was still fine....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

can all the bro share they get sienta from which PI and what is the package given? comes with LED, toyota sense, leather seat etc  eg 5 yr or 100k waranty, free labour for car service, free front car camera, navi set etc....not sure which PI to goes to.....worried about getting from a new PI and they end up bust in 1 or 2 yrs and my car lost the warranty...

haa..i remember the old Sienta got the "SNOW" button, we were all wondering what that button is for...press that button and you can feel you car has more grip like a 4WD grip and the car moves slower and feels heavier...practical to use in Japan where there are snow conditions.

Anyway just for people looking at the gear shift panel, got S and B.  "S" is like sports mode...good to use when you climbing uphill like going to Genting.  "B" is more like engine braking, good for use when you are coming down steep slope...rather than keep stepping your brakes and overheating the brake pads.

i've been finding out info about this car for sometime now since my wife don't like all those boxy MPV like StepWGN (which is my ideal MPV) etc. Odyssey is overkill for us in terms of cost and running cost hence dropped to looking at this cute funky MPV Sienta. I'm driving Wish 2006 now so i found the space wise with Sienta is fine, in fact the 3rd row is better than Wish.

After searching the Web for sometime, found some usual review to share. Mainly by Japanese motor journalist. 

From here it seems that hybrid version is a better buy...not because it save petrol but it can squeeze a bit power more due to the additional electric motor.

For the hybrid version, the petrol engine pumps out 74ps/4,800rpm....111Nm/from 3,600 to 4,000rpm. It's electric motor pumps out 61ps and 169Nm. This was mentioned in one of the review that the hybrid pick up better due to the higher torque from the electric motor.

http://en.responsejp.com/article/2015/09/04/259373.html

http://carnews.beforward.jp/searchs/detail/entry_id=255299

http://en.responsejp.com/article/2015/08/08/257537.html

Autolink gave 8 years warranty (or 150,000km) for hybrid (workshop is Optima Werkz) http://www.ow.sg (they are The Hybrid Shop Dealer Partner for this US company). this gave me a little more confident and most likely i will be placing order with them shortly. They are selling Hybrid G (all option in incl. Toyota Safety Sense) but will have non factory 15" rim. BTW the 16" factory rim actually looks very nice but guess no need to pay extra.

You can check which grade comes with what options here. Open those PDF files.

http://toyota.jp/sienta/grade/

I am also quite keen in this car.  And getting the hybrid seems the most value for money compared to petrol at just 2K more. 

But i think i will still stick to petrol as the consumption numbers are already quite impressive and i feel there is no need to assume the added risk of battery failure just to squeeze in a few more miles. Though there is a dedicated hybrid workshop, it is still subject to the fine print of the warranty contract,..and when the inevitable happens, dispute invariably arises. We are already taking on added risk just by buying from PI, better to have one less thing to worry about. As a matter of fact, I am more worried about the 2 power doors failing first actually. When that happens, I am not sure whether the PI workshop can solve it at their own cost or we have to top up. And when that day comes, we just have to hope the bugger is still in the trade. 

I am a sucker for power sliding doors, once i have experienced it, its very difficult to revert to normal doors. Unfortunately, power sliding doors MPVs are now confined to just a few models from ADs. Mazda 5 - I dont know why all other Mazda models already face-lifted and updated except this; probably they have no intention to continue this model in the future. Nissan Elgrand/Toyota Alphard/Vellfire/Honda Oddy/VW Sharan - All these are too big and too ex for the average Joe family. 

I was told by Autolink the CEV is $15k for Sienta Hybrid models and $10k for petrol models. The car is well built and does not feels cheaply put together unlike Biante, Mobilio, Avanza.

The factory bodykits (TRD, Modellista) are not expensive options compared to many other cars. The overall design looks cool, practical for young families and easy on the pocket. The highly efficient engines and easy maintenance is the key-point for every Toyota family cars.

Sienta vehicle seat height are well designed for alighting passengers, especially elderly and young children. The flat floor design on 2nd & 3rd row passenger cells allows easy movement for passengers. I like this car for its price and practicality [nod]

just went Autolink to sign on the dotted line today. bought a Hybrid G White $120,800.

Surprisingly today they have test drive car....so I went for a test drive. While we were there, few couple came to view and test drive as well...seems getting popular.

I have 3 adults and 1 child (incl. the salesperson) sitting in the car. Not too bad, of course just driving around all the small roads around Turf City (with some slopes). So for my family of 5, the performance is decent...and since I probably have my in law once a week/while we think this car makes economic sense.

the boss shown me what the workshop Optima Werkz covers...clearly stated everything that they covers and what's not (as wear and tears).

so caveat is within 8 years must go back to them for servicing. if no big issue, the regular 10k servicing is like any standard petrol car $100++(oil change and stuffs). 

OMV is around 21/22K.

roughly i guess the yearly depreciation would be around 11K per year.

delivery in Nov/Dec.

This car seems like the buy for those who need more than 5 seats, and prefer functionality over a big MPV road presence.

High roof: Easy to put babies in child seats.

Low floor + sliding door's wide opening + recesses at door: Easy for toddlers + elders to board.

Small Engine: Low running costs (petrol and road tax)

Small width/length: Easy to drive in tight spaces.

Power Sliding doors: Perhaps not necessary, but nevertheless useful.

Safety: Pre-collision system, 3 point seat belts at all seat + isofix.

Usabillity: Loads of storage space. Cup holder is nicely located. Able to fold 3rd row flat into floor. Easy to access 3rd row boot space in situations where you cannot open rear hatch door. Completely flat 2nd row.

Really impressed by how Toyota manages to squeeze in usable space within such compact dimensions.

Would be cool if it comes with panoromic roof, 6 airbags, blind spot monitor, better rear suspension, maybe 10cm longer, arm rest for 2nd row.

just went Autolink to sign on the dotted line today. bought a Hybrid G White $120,800.

Surprisingly today they have test drive car....so I went for a test drive. While we were there, few couple came to view and test drive as well...seems getting popular.

I have 3 adults and 1 child (incl. the salesperson) sitting in the car. Not too bad, of course just driving around all the small roads around Turf City (with some slopes). So for my family of 5, the performance is decent...and since I probably have my in law once a week/while we think this car makes economic sense.

the boss shown me what the workshop Optima Werkz covers...clearly stated everything that they covers and what's not (as wear and tears).

so caveat is within 8 years must go back to them for servicing. if no big issue, the regular 10k servicing is like any standard petrol car $100++(oil change and stuffs). 

OMV is around 21/22K.

roughly i guess the yearly depreciation would be around 11K per year.

delivery in Nov/Dec.

• Praise 2

I also manage to molest this model ! Initially looking at vezel, but came across this Toyota sienta 1.5G model. Interior is really quite spacious for its class. I climb into the 3rd row, quite decent size for an adult. But definitely not so long distance. 

Totally love the dual power sliding door, so easy for kids and elderly to on board the car.

Anyone know where to test drive this car? Hehe. I was quoted 114,999 by exodus.

6B377A1B-ED72-4B68-B3FC-B7CC86A49279_zps

6047F5B6-224F-4474-ABBC-06C8DF587398_zps

[E9D41269-DD0A-4EC1-BB2D-F8076C014FFC_zps

Dscheng,

Black looks nice too  [:p]

Same here was deciding between a Vezel and this although it is a different class of comparison but the pricing is so near...and decided to get the Sienta Hybrid G. 

Did you check with Exodus, $114,999 comes with what options....the model is your picture is a G model (higher grade). the X model is the basic grade. you can quickly tell as X model has 3 knobs in the centre console. Also I don't think $114K comes with the Toyota Safely Sense C option.

As for test drive, so far I noticed Autolink allowed....but that was on a hybrid, not sure they have petrol version for test drive.

↡ Advertisement