4 things which were way cheaper if you were a 90s SG student

nuttyprofessor

Pager afterall still cheaper than handphone back then. Lol.

Mine costed $318 when I bought with line.

Now with line maybe HP free.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Pager? Now got money also hard to buy.. Priceless..

Not hard to find one...Just that you can't get it to work since telcom don't support the network anymore.. May be can buy one...make it sound in a bus or MRT ride...and return call shouting '''HALLOOO.........si mi lang ka pager huh?''.....I think everyone in the bus or MRT will be shock...hahaha [laugh]

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Communication-Pager-Beeper-Black-Panasonic-model-EP-5F52B-W-Belt-Clip-Works-VGC-/371367588968?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item56773bb468

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/USED-Motorola-Pager-Singtel-Telecom-/161764031056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item25a9e33a50

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Not hard to find one...Just that you can't get it to work since telcom don't support the network anymore.. May be can buy one...make it sound in a bus or MRT ride...and return call shouting '''HALLOOO.........si mi lang ka pager huh?''.....I think everyone in the bus or MRT will be shock...hahaha [laugh]

Think not only shock but also scare, cause this person must be escaped from IMH!

• Praise 1

Interesting read but movie tickets were also much cheaper then :)

yeah last time GV tickets $7 all week long. There was a GV at Eastpoint which offered $3 movies being replayed.

Ministers and MPs were cheaper back then [:p]

Not to mention more competent [laugh]

Pager afterall still cheaper than handphone back then. Lol.

Remembered the first Ericsson hp came out, cost more than 1K. Back they have yet to merge with Sony.

• Praise 1

Toy cars also cheaper last time too. Last time those Hot Wheels/Matchbox/Tomica cars about $3 each, and the bigger 1:18 models around $30-$40 max.

Now like double the price. :o

• Praise 1

It still works! 😂

U r actually still keeping one! Hee hee, by the time it's SG100, it would have become an antique

• Praise 1

Mine costed $318 when I bought with line.

Now with line maybe HP free.

Your memory is super good!

Last time during our days, no smart phones only got simple hp and the most popular one then was nokia 8210 & didnt cost up to a thousand too

Last time hoon kee 10 stick pack only $2.xx

& five stones was less than $2 too....cant find anymore...

Nokia 8850 $1388 without contract.

I got my 3210 for $338 without contract.

Your memory is super good!

Last time during our days, no smart phones only got simple hp and the most popular one then was nokia 8210 & didnt cost up to a thousand too

& five stones was less than $2 too....cant find anymore...

Nokia 8850 $1388 without contract.

I got my 3210 for $338 without contract.

Wa...you guys are super good...

I think I am getting old, I dont really remember the exact prices except for the movie tickets...

I remember cos i was working part time after o levels and i could only afford the 3210, and a rich punk working same job as me bought a 8850. Lol.

Wa...you guys are super good...

I think I am getting old, I dont really remember the exact prices except for the movie tickets...

I remember cos i was working part time after o levels and i could only afford the 3210, and a rich punk working same job as me bought a 8850. Lol.

Hee hee..ya..last time it was common to do part time at mac, kfc etc...i always do part-time too

Our salaries were cheaper too, one hour only $4.50, then increase to $5

↡ Advertisement