2015 Audi A1 facelift

7hm

Neutral Newbie

you placed deposit for the A1 already I thought? If you change to VW, your deposit gone.

So far no problem.. i only clocked like 100km? haha

Yup but they didn't give it to me. They said COE has to be much lower than 43k then I' might get it. I was refunded.. So I'm open to all other options now..
↡ Advertisement

Yup but they didn't give it to me. They said COE has to be much lower than 43k then I' might get it. I was refunded.. So I'm open to all other options now..

Currently enjoying my ride. But the space is small, not sure if it will suit your needs. I thought the Jetta was a pretty good buy too. I think Audi and VW both plagued by the engine gearbox issues but I went got Audi cos I thought their service would be better if anything happens

Neutral Newbie

Currently enjoying my ride. But the space is small, not sure if it will suit your needs. I thought the Jetta was a pretty good buy too. I think Audi and VW both plagued by the engine gearbox issues but I went got Audi cos I thought their service would be better if anything happens

Ya the space is small and I felt uncomfortable when I sat at the back. But the exterior look is not bad. Does this new A1 still have gearbox issue? I thought only the 6gear GB has problem.. Did u hear about engine oil leak problems for Audi ? Not sure if it only happens to older cars..

Ya the space is small and I felt uncomfortable when I sat at the back. But the exterior look is not bad. Does this new A1 still have gearbox issue? I thought only the 6gear GB has problem.. Did u hear about engine oil leak problems for Audi ? Not sure if it only happens to older cars..

Not that I heard of. But this is a pretty new model. Both claimed that the gearbox issue has been fixed. Audi SE told me Audi uses more premium parts than VW. Not sure zhun ornot.

Engine oil problems I heard its for older and more powerful models for Audi that uses more engine oil. The fix is just keep 1 bottle in your car lo. But the A1 I don't think will have such problems.. However, do take note when you sign the contract there's a clause that says engine oil consumption high is considered normal. I didn't know that and only just realized.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Not that I heard of. But this is a pretty new model. Both claimed that the gearbox issue has been fixed. Audi SE told me Audi uses more premium parts than VW. Not sure zhun ornot.

Engine oil problems I heard its for older and more powerful models for Audi that uses more engine oil. The fix is just keep 1 bottle in your car lo. But the A1 I don't think will have such problems.. However, do take note when you sign the contract there's a clause that says engine oil consumption high is considered normal. I didn't know that and only just realized.

Ok thanks for the Info.If there's any problem with a1, do let me know. But so far, I tnk I've not seen any bad reviews yet..

Ok thanks for the Info.If there's any problem with a1, do let me know. But so far, I tnk I've not seen any bad reviews yet..

Well, I did notice that the MMI system is not able to support Chinese fonts. So your songs in Chinese will be displayed as square square. Google online seems like no solution. Small problem though

Just collected the car today and I'm thinking of adding some extras to the car:

anyone know if we can install a USB cable into the MMI system?

Is there a way we can install the arm rest too? 

Any shop to recommend do do a custom sunshade for our car?

any way to change our head lamps from yellow to white bulbs ?

Thanks in advance!

• Praise 1

Thanks in advance!

Custom sunshades should be doable, google for this, I believe some vendors have custom sunshades that fit certain car models. A1 quite rare in SG so you might have to ship from overseas.

Head lamps stock yellowish, just ask for white bulbs lor, many places sell & help to install. If you get HID, it's much brighter but maybe too bright for other road users.

MMI USB cable and aftermarket arm rest, I highly doubt so.

Do share some photos!

Turbocharged

You can look this company, dude drives down and installs at your premises.

https://www.facebook.com/sg.shade/

Thanks in advance!

• Praise 2

Thanks in advance!

How come your head lamps is yellow? Mine is white leh.

Arm rest you can try some of the leather workshops. One of them quoted me $100+ for a simple armrest when I was looking for leather wrapping for the seats.

For USB cable, what is it for? To programme the MMI system? You can get that from aliexpress.

Sunshade I dunno where to get. Our model is quite rare.. have to custom.

Hope the above info helps! By the way, what color did you get?

How come your head lamps is yellow? Mine is white leh.

Arm rest you can try some of the leather workshops. One of them quoted me $100+ for a simple armrest when I was looking for leather wrapping for the seats.

For USB cable, what is it for? To programme the MMI system? You can get that from aliexpress.

Sunshade I dunno where to get. Our model is quite rare.. have to custom.

Hope the above info helps! By the way, what color did you get?

May I know how much the leather wrapping cost? And from where? Thanks!
  • Praise 1

Apart from the horrible depreciation from 152k to 90k

anyone has reliability issues?

Gearbox problems or engine drinking oil?

:D

• Praise 2

Apart from the horrible depreciation from 152k to 90k

anyone has reliability issues?

Gearbox problems or engine drinking oil?

90K ? From PI or AD?

• Praise 1

90K ? From PI or AD?

Unfortunately PI.

If this is AD price the queue to buy

will be around the block.  [thumbsup]

Unfortunately PI.

If this is AD price the queue to buy

will be around the block.  [thumbsup]