Casio MRG 7700BD

NightWind

Thanks sir i will try next week when i get the watch. I don't wanna have to drive to my parents place daily just to get a sync haha.

I will set to Taipei time as you instruct. So that means the waveceptor sync must be manual and is not automatic like the Astron GPS.

I got this watch to replace my Astron as daily wear but ironically it makes me appreciate the Astron even more. But its not a fair comparison as both watches are different, with different prices and technologies.

For G-Shock auto sync, it depends on the timezone you set. For TPE, the first auto sync time is 12am, every hour on the hour until 5am. If you are able to sync once on any of the hour, it'll not try to sync on the next hour.

You'll know if you got a sync when the letters "RCVD" (received) appeared at the top left hand corner of the screen.

Edited by Kilomatrix
↡ Advertisement

Hi Etnt m trying to figure out how to sync the MRG in singapore. See this method

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/those-who-wanna-sync-your-atomic-g-shock-atomic-time-4846462.html

Do u think it will work. It rides on the radiowave from the ipad.

How do u sync your MRG?

Tks

After reading about the JJY simulator app , managed to sync my watch from my IPAD. Watch detected strong signal L3 generated from headphone. Watch show GET after successfully obtained the signal. Home City Code set to Tokyo.

6e738f1c-c15b-4be2-93c1-b7ddfb3a50b5_zps0ed7a976-e1ea-4bdf-a4a2-8467558fb997_zps

Thank you for your feedback Ghostrider. This is great news indeed for me. I can't wait to try it when i get my MRG next week

By the way thats a very nice Protrek. Is that the PRW 6000y? With temp/barometer, altitude, compass?

After reading about the JJY simulator app , managed to sync my watch from my IPAD. Watch detected strong signal L3 generated from headphone. Watch show GET after successfully obtained the signal. Home City Code set to Tokyo.

6e738f1c-c15b-4be2-93c1-b7ddfb3a50b5_zps0ed7a976-e1ea-4bdf-a4a2-8467558fb997_zps

Thank you for your feedback Ghostrider. This is great news indeed for me. I can't wait to try it when i get my MRG next week

By the way thats a very nice Protrek. Is that the PRW 6000y? With temp/barometer, altitude, compass?

yup, it is PRWS6000Y-1JF

Nice watch sir and a very good choice indeed. I was eyeing it for awhile, was looking at the black titanium version of it.

yup, it is PRWS6000Y-1JF

The cheapest GPS and radio wave is Gravity master series.  Less than $1k.

I think I have this model, gravity master, but paid >1K at G Factory few mths back for the limited titanium version

Advised

1) check for condensation - it happens a few times, eventually send back to somerset triple one, they changed O ring, so far so good.

2) those with presbyopia (who needs reading glass), pls consider before buying..as I have difficulty reading the day that the arrow point to (sun, mon, tue)..

3) the sync does not work all the time, in London and even in Japan.  In SG, have to stay outdoors.

In some other countries, doesn't work at all.

May be because its first generation...

I think I have this model, gravity master, but paid >1K at G Factory few mths back for the limited titanium version

Advised

1) check for condensation - it happens a few times, eventually send back to somerset triple one, they changed O ring, so far so good.

2) those with presbyopia (who needs reading glass), pls consider before buying..as I have difficulty reading the day that the arrow point to (sun, mon, tue)..

3) the sync does not work all the time, in London and even in Japan. In SG, have to stay outdoors.

In some other countries, doesn't work at all.

May be because its first generation...

I bought in Japan. Till now no condensation.

Sync works fine for me in Tokyo & Bangkok

post-16870-0-93443900-1461923344.png

Casio MTG series now includes a GPS sync which is similar to the MRG G1000. But in terms of design and build quality i still prefer the Seiko Astron.

Of coz they r 2 different watches in different categories with different prices but both Astron and MTG and MRG G1000 have GPS sync.

Update:

Condensation recurred, lasted 1-2 days, spontaneously resolved

Despite seldom used, not even underwater

Sent back - told need >1 mth for spare parts from Japan - they will replaced the whole "gasket".

Frustrating, sad.

Feel like asking for replacement but understand no (unless within 7 days).

Suspect watch already faulty/not airtight since day 1