Reckless Tipper Truck Driver XD2607G causing a near miss

Sunset73

(edited)

This afternoon, 23 July 2015 @ 1250 hrs, was on my way back to office in Jurong Island. At the junction of Sakra Road and Jurong Island Highway, a tipper truck suddenly turned when I entered the junction. Luckily I was able to brake on time.

To think I nearly died.

My_Movie.wmv

Edited by Sunset73
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

This afternoon, 23 July 2015 @ 1250 hrs, was on my way back to office in Jurong Island. At the junction of Sakra Road and Jurong Island Highway, a tipper truck suddenly turned when I entered the junction. Luckily I was able to brake on time.

To think I nearly died.

In my own opinion, I think its a good practice to just slow down when approaching junctions. At least there is time for reaction when stuffs like this happens. I try my best to remember to slow down from the 2nd arrow when approaching junctions.

These drivers driving heavy vehicles can't be bothered and there is no way any car survive an accident with these heavy vehicles. The tipper truck will probably drive over your car.

(edited)

In my own opinion, I think its a good practice to just slow down when approaching junctions. At least there is time for reaction when stuffs like this happens. I try my best to remember to slow down from the 2nd arrow when approaching junctions.

These drivers driving heavy vehicles can't be bothered and there is no way any car survive an accident with these heavy vehicles. The tipper truck will probably drive over your car.

I slowed down slightly because of the tipper truck waiting to turn. Just didn't expect him to turn... right in front of my vehicle.

Edited by Sunset73

I slowed down slightly because of the tipper truck waiting to turn. Just didn't expect him to turn... right in front of my vehicle.

Well... cheer up, you avoided an accident. So from now on, have to expect such stuffs when approaching a junction. Take it as an experience, "level up-ed". :D

I can't see the number plate anyway... But you might want to just send it to TP... [lipsrsealed]

Well... cheer up, you avoided an accident. So from now on, have to expect such stuffs when approaching a junction. Take it as an experience, "level up-ed". :D

I can't see the number plate anyway... But you might want to just send it to TP... [lipsrsealed]

I can see because I have a witness with me. I can see the company name and the vehicle number.

My original video is much clearer. I compressed it slightly to send to TP

Already sent in. Not trying to be an *** but if this happens once, it will happen again or has already happened before. Have to remove such clowns from the road.

The road is totally clear and there's no way the driver didn't see you approaching, yet he still turned?! Ridiculous.

I seriously don't know what he is up to. Maybe not enough sleep or what.

I seriously don't know what he is up to. Maybe not enough sleep or what.

The driver had total confident that you'll slow down enough on Lane 1 so that by the time he complete the turn, you can drive through lane 1 behind him and he wasn't expecting you to change to lane 2. But he's still at fault as he shouldn't turn when there is vehicle approaching the junction.

This is the type of drivers we're getting nowadays, no patient, cannot wait, must rush as if they're rushing to hospitals.

• Praise 2

The driver had total confident that you'll slow down enough on Lane 1 so that by the time he complete the turn, you can drive through lane 1 behind him and he wasn't expecting you to change to lane 2. But he's still at fault as he shouldn't turn when there is vehicle approaching the junction.

This is the type of drivers we're getting nowadays, no patient, cannot wait, must rush as if they're rushing to hospitals.

I agree with your reasoning. But in the first place, because his vehicle came out too much and obstructing lane 1, I had to lane change to 2 to continue moving forward.

I am afraid this is some FT who got his licence converted easily by taking theory test, and not undergoing the actual practical test itself.

Thus they really don't understand our traffic rules and driving as if they are in their own country.

↡ Advertisement