Lexus ES250 Real Sell Price

t0y0ta

I did a calculation based on the omv and added taxes and fees. It works out to be about $159K inclusive of COE and RTX when you get the car. They throw in free 5 years warranty and service - based on estimated 10 services at say 1K each ( when things need replacement ) and factory insurance for parts after 3 years for ES can be about 7 to 8 K I think. ( That was what they offered me when my LS 460 turned 3 years old to extend the warranty - a few years ago. ) Nett of 176 K would be the actual cost. At 226 K they make 50 K per car about a 22 % profit.

Just a guestimation. I think the profit is even more.

Bro lexus usually get at least 30k off list price lah
↡ Advertisement

That's why got buy 1 free 1 only OMV .

Yes, it's true that NX uses similar platform to RAV4 and Harrier. Platform-sharing is used between mass-market and luxury as mechanical similarity that can be masked by styling, sound insulation, interior design and finishing etc. For those in the know, it can be felt if you drive both cars and compare them.

Autocar UK said the BentleyBentayga felt too much like a more expensive Audi Q7 (platform-mate) to justify the massive price premium.

In my post, I was referring to how similar the Avalon and Camry are as both are on K-Platform. But since ES250 is a rebadged Avalon and Avalon is a stretched Camry, ES250's underpinnings aren't very distinct from the Camry. Furthermore ES250 uses MacPherson struts front and rear like the Camry. ES250's chassis code is also XV60 and the current Camry is the XV50..

Meaning that buy NX like buying Harrier ? However , I notice Harrier bigger and longer than NX .

Meaning that buy NX like buying Harrier ? However , I notice Harrier bigger and longer than NX .

RX used to be of Harrier platform. 

Cars of the same platform can have different length/width/height, it's flexible.

NX has a much more advanced direct-injection turbo engine compared to Harrier but I'd just get a Harrier..

Hi t0y0ta,

You are right that th eye give overtrade/discount. I got 39k off my es250 when they about to do the face-lift. I understand from my sales agent they give 20k off as standard. Then a few more rebates with insurance and loan. BMW will probably still earn nett 30k or more a car. Then they kill again on service 4× the price I pay for maintenance and service by a reliable garage.

CNY promo for ES300H is around $205K. ES250 Executive is $183k. Ex stock and must go for immediate registration.

V good price for such a nice car.

Frankly, those buying new E CLASS W213 should test drive the ES hybrid first - superb in sound insulation, powerful smooth transmission and crisp mark levinson audio. Test drive the New E class E 200, at around 270K only has "normal" sound system and even though have latest 9G tronic transmission, not as powerful or smooth as lexus, also merc has no blind spot monitor. Rear leg space too Merc more cramped.

(no chance to drive the new Merc E250 yet....)

V good price for such a nice car.

Frankly, those buying new E CLASS W213 should test drive the ES hybrid first - superb in sound insulation, powerful smooth transmission and crisp mark levinson audio. Test drive the New E class E 200, at around 270K only has "normal" sound system and even though have latest 9G tronic transmission, not as powerful or smooth as lexus, also merc has no blind spot monitor. Rear leg space too Merc more cramped.

(no chance to drive the new Merc E250 yet....)

Last time this 40k premium over the camry can get a v6 lexus es already.
  • Praise 1

Last time this 40k premium over the camry can get a v6 lexus es already.

Its oklah V6 or inline 4. Important is how it drive the car on the road.

Comparing our previous ES300 V6 and now the current ES 4 cylinder - both are sweet, cant really tell actually until you open the bonnet. Toyota engine is generally superb.  In fact, my wife prefers the current ES than the merc V6 - really really smoother.  Many generally prefer merc but frankly speaking try it yourself, you will know.

For me, i wish i can own a car with a Merc exteriorly, admiring the star on the bonnet, but with a lexus engine and transmission - that would be ideal.

Turbocharged

For me, i wish i can own a car with a Merc exteriorly, admiring the star on the bonnet, but with a lexus engine and transmission - that would be ideal.

Infiniti wound up being the other way around... bahaha; Infiniti exterior, Mercedes drivetrain!  [smash]

• Praise 2

Wow, the prices have fallen with this deal. I paid net 203K for the pre face lifted Luxury ES250 model in September last year . BM gave me a 39K discount off from there listed price on 242K then. They were just changing the model face then.

Overall the car offers carefree driving. Even on Sport its a still not a speedster! Very smooth, reasonably quiet but not LS 460 standard. I think its the Yokohama tyres that are noisy. No rear transmission hump so three adults fit in well behind with lots of leg room ( equal to standard wheel based S class series one review said ).

The new facelifted model has auto tailgate and driver controlled passenger seat added on which I should have waited for!

For those fortunate enough to consider ES250 or MB E200 or V90 or A6(new model due out) or BMW5 or Infiniti Q70(new model due out) we are spoilt for choice. PI E200 can be had for about 220K for base models. Make sure you test everyone of them! They are all equally good and have their pros and cons.

• Praise 3

Besides the factory fitted stuff, what local content does BM usually incl in the std package that's not considered a negotiated 'freebie'? e.g 3M solar film, paint protection, car camera?

between a ES and a GS. Would a GS make a better car to drive being Turbo , 2.0 amd rear wheel drive config ?

The differences u mentioned is exactly why it makes the GS a better car to drive......tho I've only test driven the ES and decided against it
  • Praise 1

The entire Lexus range of non-hybrid car are on Band C2 under the VES, with $20k surcharge, the ES pricing will no longer be competitive unless Lexus is able to re-tune the engines for optimised emission.

• Praise 1