Lexus ES250 Real Sell Price

t0y0ta

This is a more reasonable price for the ES250 when compared to the rest. $228k is not good value at all unless you definitely want the Japanese reliability and would not consider the Infinity. At $186k, it undercuts the rest of the German luxury same size cars.

Edited by Pynch
↡ Advertisement

Agree with your analysis. Personally I like the exterior design of the ES250 and the S80. Felt that the design of the E200 is rather dated. C class is nicer and more classy.

The price of S80 is unbeatable! Coupled with a new and efficient engine and a 8speed auto box. Not bad indeed. Only downside is most may find the exterior design less than modern.

With the new price of $186k for the ES, it is now similar in price to the S80.

Get the ES if you want space and refinement. Get the S80 for the power, safety and gearbox.

Personally I find the S80 better looking than the ES, very Volvo, and the interior is similar to all the other current Volvos except the new XC90. The Volvo console is neat and simple which is more to my taste. The ES has a more generic look with interior very similar to the typical modern design.

Edited by Pynch
  • Praise 1

With the new price of $186k for the ES, it is now similar in price to the S80.

Get the ES if you want space and refinement. Get the S80 for the power, safety and gearbox.

Personally I find the S80 better looking than the ES, very Volvo, and the interior is similar to all the other current Volvos except the new XC90. The Volvo console is neat and simple which is more to my taste. The ES has a more generic look with interior very similar to the typical modern design.

Must agree that 186k is more competitive as it is essentially a Camry enhanced! But enhanced very well. Camry really cannot make it from the looks perspective. Maybe it is intentional. The interior really feels like back to the nineties ... I am exaggerating. Hahaha ...

I think s80 is still at least 20k lower cos the last I asked a few months back...it was 165k. Anyone has the latest price for s80?

• Praise 1

ES250 only 186 k ? Any free servicing and insurrance subsidy ?

Comes with 5+5 servicing and warranty. Anyway all toyota cars by borneo motors comes with 5 yr warranty. Only thong they stingy is the servicing which is only 1 year. I think can bargain more to even 180k as I heard new facelift is already coming next mth n taking orders already.

Edited by Thomas-2015

Must agree that 186k is more competitive as it is essentially a Camry enhanced! But enhanced very well. Camry really cannot make it from the looks perspective. Maybe it is intentional. The interior really feels like back to the nineties ... I am exaggerating. Hahaha ...

I think s80 is still at least 20k lower cos the last I asked a few months back...it was 165k. Anyone has the latest price for s80?

S80 is still asking at 160k.

The ES250 is indeed quiet and refined. Also very spacious. Interior quality is not bad but quite typical Japanese in design.

The Q70 is better value and to me has finer finishing and I feel uses materials that are of better quality.

The Audi A6 is also spacious but not as big as the ES250. Steering is very light though.

The S80 has the most powerful engine and 8 speed gearbox, but not as quiet. Very attractive price.

The Merc E200 is well put together but very common. I like the light clusters.

Each has many pros and cons.

Fully Agree! A car is just a car. The economy js not doing well and job security is Never guaranteed. Why need to pay so much when it is a depreciating item under Financial Planning logic. Camry is selling it's 2.4cc cars at 2.0cc price at 138k. Even it go for guar COE, it will be at most 143k est. Imagine when car breakdown and u just drive a temp car.. it still serves same purpose of Point A to point B. Even at 186k..still not worth as many features still missing. Back to basics.. A car is juz a car and an expenditure item.

• Praise 1

Fully Agree! A car is just a car. The economy js not doing well and job security is Never guaranteed. Why need to pay so much when it is a depreciating item under Financial Planning logic. Camry is selling it's 2.4cc cars at 2.0cc price at 138k. Even it go for guar COE, it will be at most 143k est. Imagine when car breakdown and u just drive a temp car.. it still serves same purpose of Point A to point B. Even at 186k..still not worth as many features still missing. Back to basics.. A car is juz a car and an expenditure item.

The high quality of the Camry makes justifying the Lexus ES much harder.

Supercharged

The high quality of the Camry makes justifying the Lexus ES much harder.

The current Camry is quite a big gap from ES in terms of exterior looks, size, interior space, interior design/quality.

Many are convinced to pay the extra, as ES is Lexus best seller and very common on the streets.

The current Camry is quite a big gap from ES in terms of exterior looks, size, interior space, interior design/quality.

Many are convinced to pay the extra, as ES is Lexus best seller and very common on the streets.

True. Maybe can even tempt some Camry buyers with the running out price?

I went to test drive ES250 and Carmy 2.5 in May this year when COE around $72,000 , both cars were selling 207k and 159k respectively with 48k different . Now both cars selling 186k and 138k with COE $60,000 and again 48k gap which is also the same gap in May price . I am personally see the price quite attractive and reasonable .

• Praise 2

The new facelift ES was selling in Hong Kong a month ago. Now BM hard sell the ES is try to clear the stock.

For those can wait, do wait for facelift model, it seems better.

The new facelift ES was selling in Hong Kong a month ago. Now BM hard sell the ES is try to clear the stock.

For those can wait, do wait for facelift model, it seems better.

Where to see the photo ?

I went to test drive ES250 and Carmy 2.5 in May this year when COE around $72,000 , both cars were selling 207k and 159k respectively with 48k different . Now both cars selling 186k and 138k with COE $60,000 and again 48k gap which is also the same gap in May price . I am personally see the price quite attractive and reasonable .

You hit the point on the px differences very well. With a variance of 48k or even 45k... it is very hard to decide. The ES is indeed a very good looking babe with good interior design definitely better than Camry. Also it is made n assembled in japan. Camry is mainly assembled in Thailand with parts fm thailand too but some parts fm japan . Whether lexus uses parts manufactured in thailand or not..We don't know but from a synergy perspective, I won't be surprised if the parts are from one source. Any way Lexus is better build n firm but lack some features that camry has. Eg navigation sys not avail in standard version but all camry has that.

In today's economy of slow down and no jobs are guaranteed... The variance of 48k or 45k needs to be thought of carefully as it is not a small amount. Car loans are best to be settled within maximum 2 years..unless u won't mind paying more loan interest to the banks n contribute to their profits n staff bonuses. Financial planning needs to be prudent for car as it is a depreciating item and hence an expenditure.

• Praise 1