Suicide over O level results

Aventador

if push them too hard, they stress...

if dun push them, vomit blood every time i see the report book <_<<_<

↡ Advertisement

bro, cannot say like that lah [smash]

different people react to stress differently [;)] Suicidal thoughts do not happen overnight, must have manifested over a period of time ....... then a trigger

It still holds true though doesn't it? Taking the easy way out and leaving people behind to deal with the devastation...

To the non-too-bright-spark that disliked and mentioned that I am mean... Pray tell how is this being mean...

WTF.

A bit too much lah. Lots of people fail O Levels but end up achieving great things in life also.

The mum a bit short-sighted with her goals for the teenage daughter.. So sad.

That sets me thinking, how many young parents are so caught up in the rat race?

Thinking back, being in a neighborhood school did taught me values in life besides academic achievements.

And thanks to my parents who emphasize character and moral values over results.

• Praise 2

It still holds true though doesn't it? Taking the easy way out and leaving people behind to deal with the devastation...

To the non-too-bright-spark that disliked and mentioned that I am mean... Pray tell how is this being mean...

dont care lar.....you have your opinion and others have theirs! Suicide tendencies are not linked to only one cause...there are many underlying factors....dont need to judge all just because of a minority.
  • Praise 1

dont care lar.....you have your opinion and others have theirs! Suicide tendencies are not linked to only one cause...there are many underlying factors....dont need to judge all just because of a minority.

Its all in the mind though isn't it?

"Weak" is a relative term though...

i think you have made your point, stop rubbing salt.

its relative this i agree.....thats why dont-know-who gave u a dislike. But to say its all in the mind just doesnt cut the cake. People have psychological, emotional and personal issues and if you compound them all together the rope might just snap. Give a thought for those who succumbed to not their own want or doing. Today we may be of strong mind and will......tomorrow it may just be the reverse!
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Haha! Maybe got loads of homework and cannot finish all in time?

Stress lor... just like when our "IN" tray is piling up.

unless you are talking about extra homework. usually school don't give hell load of homework.

unless you are talking about extra homework. usually school don't give hell load of homework.

not all school so easy wan lei. My daughters school sibei cialat.....everyday got homework....sometime Maths, Science, English, MT and arts altogether. Some she will do in school when she has free lesson or times. Most of her classmates have given up and stop doing their homework....my daughter sometimes cries because of the homeworks....but we try to console her and make sure she completes all except those that she does not understand.

Turbocharged

not all school so easy wan lei. My daughters school sibei cialat.....everyday got homework....sometime Maths, Science, English, MT and arts altogether. Some she will do in school when she has free lesson or times. Most of her classmates have given up and stop doing their homework....my daughter sometimes cries because of the homeworks....but we try to console her and make sure she completes all except those that she does not understand.

I notice something very strange..

my neighbour whose son is in neighbourhood shool has more home work then my daughter in a bit more atas primary school.

Parents must really do the moderating. Schools will always try to push the kids especially if your kids are from the top classes. Because the schools' teachers and principals KPIs depends on their performance in the national exam.

Don't tell me every school is a good school and results are not important. I don't know believe this bulls**t.

I notice something very strange..

my neighbour whose son is in neighbourhood shool has more home work then my daughter in a bit more atas primary school.

ya...i noticed it too. One of her cousin in a bit atas primary school in Tanjung Katong and doesnt have much homework as my daughter.....but she has more atas after school activities though!

Turbocharged
(edited)

ya...i noticed it too. One of her cousin in a bit atas primary school in Tanjung Katong and doesnt have much homework as my daughter.....but she has more atas after school activities though!

yeah more atas curriculum, cause a lot of rich tai tai can afford to be parents volunteer.

I but its strange that more atas school have lesser home work.. its should be the opposite isn't it??

Edited by Joseph22

I guess maybe mum feel guilty push the daughter too hard....

i guess she had a fight with the husband and he left the house, that drag her into deeper guilt.