Suicide over O level results

Aventador

Twincharged

got 1 time her teacher gave her homework in which the syllabus has not even been covered yet....and i thought my daughter was not paying attention in class.....gave her a tongue lashing as she couldnt do most of the problem sums. Then my wife dropped the bombshell......the teacher have not taught our daughter on this particular syllabus......i was like wtf.....!!!!

Maybe the class liked to do that. I rmb when I was in sec school. My classmates always had this challenge among ourselves to see who can figure out how to finish all the workbooks in the shortest possible time. By the end of term 1, most of us finished all our workbooks already. Lol.

↡ Advertisement

ok...i go and ask a chio female teacher who do part-time tuition. Maybe she can teach me some hands on knowledge....😂😂😂😂

I think you need some "pushing"

post-1137-0-25008800-1438061431.jpg

Maybe the class liked to do that. I rmb when I was in sec school. My classmates always had this challenge among ourselves to see who can figure out how to finish all the workbooks in the shortest possible time. By the end of term 1, most of us finished all our workbooks already. Lol.

dont think so lar.....most of students in the class have given up liao.....they are in the last class of the alphabet but 1st in term of ranking of their cohorts! Some dont even want to do their homework......!

I think you need some "pushing"

attachicon.gifhot-ass-teacher.jpg

err....should be the other way round init? 😂😂😂😂😂

Turbocharged
(edited)

Suicide is for the weak-minded...

Generally true. However this girl might have an underlying psychiatric condition which went unnoticed. I came to this conclusion because her dad had it.

Edited by Porker

Sad tragic, can see there are many such mum around [sweatdrop]

Seems like I hear more stories about Tiger moms than Tiger dads (is there even this term?).

Somehow, girls like to compare with each other more than guys. Most of the times, guys compare is car or watch, and then, more in envious terms than jealous terms.

Sad case though, RIP to the mother and daughter. Hope the father turns out well.

Generally true. However this girl might have an underlying psychiatric condition which went unnoticed. I came to this conclusion because her dad had it.

In my opinion, the girl was doing very well in school. 6A & 2B in "O" level. Should be able to go to any tertiary institutions of her choice.

I don't understand what her mum wants her to achieve.

Seems like I hear more stories about Tiger moms than Tiger dads (is there even this term?).

Somehow, girls like to compare with each other more than guys. Most of the times, guys compare is car or watch, and then, more in envious terms than jealous terms.

Sad case though, RIP to the mother and daughter. Hope the father turns out well.

they use the term "Eagle Dad" 鹰爸, one classic case in china was this....

62832503.jpg

he even conduct courses of how to be one <_<

6c626d7b1b6d128d6cb536.jpg

To get into medicine is not abt grades... alot of perfect score candidates were not granted into the course... the medical board interview takes precedence... above average grade can get in liao...

as long as they find u suitable to practice medicine...

says much about the selection process when so many doctors are not really caring for patients

The most innocent parties are the daughter, father and grandmother. Who is the root cause of all this? The mother.

the mother is easy to blame.

but if she knows nothing else about how the world actually works, then she is stuck in a bubble, in her own world.

many people in asia like that..

In my opinion, the girl was doing very well in school. 6A & 2B in "O" level. Should be able to go to any tertiary institutions of her choice.

no straight As she lose face, can't get in RJC.

A big reminder to myself. I have been pushing my son and drilling him in math and english for his psle.. I think I have to apply a little brake.

Thanks TS, the article do need to be standalone.

pressure is fine. but just remember to be supportive. cannot say if fail means end of the world.

we all need to be pushed sometimes and discipline is good for kids.

but if academics is not his thing, its very hard for the child.

says much about the selection process when so many doctors are not really caring for patients

the mother is easy to blame.

but if she knows nothing else about how the world actually works, then she is stuck in a bubble, in her own world.

many people in asia like that..

shhh....no need to open a can of worms! Got a few doctors in here u know! But one thing though.....this kind of selection can be bias towards favouritism.....unless the board is equally represented.

wsliao.....Laffles again..😅😅😅😅

Hypersonic

possible. primary school math? you just look through her text book refresh abit you can teach liao.. problem is we know too many equation that we forget the most simplest form of calculation can solve the problem.

I have to go thru a relearning process to learn all those P5 and P6 Math syllabus so I don' confuse my son with the methods we learnt from the old syllabus. Now can be offer assistance to the kiasuparent forum too.

shhh....no need to open a can of worms! Got a few doctors in here u know! But one thing though.....this kind of selection can be bias towards favouritism.....unless the board is equally represented.

wsliao.....Laffles again..😅😅😅😅

equally represented? I don't understand.

something akin to old boys club?

Turbocharged

The psyche of the girl most likely was formed over the years where she was conditioned by her mother that nothing less than all A's will do.

It is good to be very tough on oneself. It makes people improve. Having a driver is even better because you lose sight of the goal at times. But the balance between striving to be perfect and being unnecessarily hard on oneself to the extend of self torture is quite difficult to achieve.

reminds me of a RJC platoon mate during BMT. We all booked out to get our A Levels results. Many in my platoon, including myself is the never-study type. All get lousy results except for a few from RJ and VJ.

I still remember his name - Stanley. Well he was damn crestfallen when he found out he only have 3 As 1 B. We were like :a-bang:

• Praise 1

The psyche of the girl most likely was formed over the years where she was conditioned by her mother that nothing less than all A's will do.

It is good to be very tough on oneself. It makes people improve. Having a driver is even better because you lose sight of the goal at times. But the balance between striving to be perfect and being unnecessarily hard on oneself to the extend of self torture is quite difficult to achieve.

many end up in IMH [:(]

This is so heart wrenching...and a very sad one...

In the pursuit of academic excellence, some sacrifices may not be worth it

As parents, its natural that parents always want the best for their child

To give up this mentality and let nature takes it course is really not easy in our competitive environment

Hope i can be a good parent next time and don't fall into the same trap as others

Thank you TS for sharing

exactly..and here ppl worry abt COE...wtf! Priorities man!

RIP

↡ Advertisement