Mitsubishi ASX

Agoodman

Neutral Newbie

Welcome yfwong ðð»ðð»

You paid your ride for $109,999 with guaranteed COE?

Yes, come with 6 bids guaranteed.
↡ Advertisement

Agree is value for $. Was looking at XV too but decided to top up a few k to get a 2l car instead. Have been driving it for 2 weeks plus and enjoying it esp going up slope. Got lots of momentum...

Any reason not considered Subaru XV or Forester ?

Subaru XV is only available as 1.6L (Cat A), so those who are considering ASX may not look at XV as they are looking for a 2.0L SUV (Cat B). Forester is 2.0L (NA/Turbo) but a much larger SUV and more expensive, so may not be considered by those looking at the ASX. 

Also Subaru is AWD only, so there are no 2WD models in the S'pore Subaru range.

So if you are looking at a 2WD compact SUV, you will not consider Subaru at all.

And if I remember correctly, it was reported here that the pedals for XV are too close together.

So those who have bigger feet may not want it due to safety issues.

e.g. if you step on brake pedal can accidentally step on accelerator pedal as well.

Personally, I think that Subaru drivers are a fanatical lot, they absolutely love their cars and will not consider driving anything else.

Similar to the behavior of those who 'worship' the Honda VTEC temple! To them, they will not consider anything other than Honda.

We ASX owners are not so fanatical about our cars, but only time will tell! Heh heh!

Welcome to asx world.....value for money.

I have been driving it for 6months and I would say it is good in terms of handling, comfort and overall performance.

Very rare on the road which made it unique as well......

Agree with you, it is not common to see another fellow ASX on the roads.

So far, I have only come across one ASX with the same colour as mine, at a car park.

Notice that many Lancer owners will be looking/studying the car, if they are behind me while stopped at the traffic lights.

Not a common sight on S'pore roads.

Agree with you, it is not common to see another fellow ASX on the roads.

So far, I have only come across one ASX with the same colour as mine, at a car park.

Notice that many Lancer owners will be looking/studying the car, if they are behind me while stopped at the traffic lights.

Not a common sight on S'pore roads.

There were not many choices in Apr when we decided to change our car. Working on a 100k budget, we had the following:

QQ 1.2T @ 10xK

XV 1.6 @ 10xK

Vezel 1.6 @ 98k

ASX 2.0 @ 100k

Comparing the prices vs tech specs, the answer is obvious and we went for the ASX.

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

yeah. Been Trying to Sign up to the forum for 2 days already. 

finally did.

I'm collecting my Pearl White this Friday. Love the LED DRL.  Anyway 1 question guys, was wondering if at night when you turn on the headlights, the DRL will still light up?

Currently Im driving a 2007 Outlander now.

Love Mitsubishi Engine. Totally Trouble free. My previous 2 Honda cars, leak here leak there, spoil here spoil there.

Subaru's XV- nope. too much to worry about maintaining it when warranty is over.

Nissan Qashqai- is nice. but for that price, 1.2T is abit over valued.

Some of the Kia and Hyundai are able to surprise me, but my wife hates the brand.

Hope to make some friends here!

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi everyone, was reading this forum for over a month n finally decide to join in n make some noise.

Edited by Grassland

Just consumed my first tank of petrol. Fc is about 10.5km/l at 50/50 city/highway. So far happy with the car. Just that washing the car can take a long time.....

I'm collecting my Pearl White this Friday. Love the LED DRL.  Anyway 1 question guys, was wondering if at night when you turn on the headlights, the DRL will still light up?

Currently Im driving a 2007 Outlander now.

Love Mitsubishi Engine. Totally Trouble free. My previous 2 Honda cars, leak here leak there, spoil here spoil there.

Subaru's XV- nope. too much to worry about maintaining it when warranty is over.

Nissan Qashqai- is nice. but for that price, 1.2T is abit over valued.

Some of the Kia and Hyundai are able to surprise me, but my wife hates the brand.

I just checked, yes, the DRL is still lighted up when you switch on the headlights.

I asked the service adviser if the rear lights can be wired to go on as rear DRLs,

like Audi cars. He said not able to do it at C&C, have to do it at outside workshop.

Duh! Do not think I will take the risk then.

I am surprised that your previous Honda gave you problems.

Tot they were promoting themselves as the "Most Reliable Brand" (What Car? UK).

In my experience, Conti makes tend to have more problems than Jap makes.

Neutral Newbie

From what I read, JATCO is a Nissan subsidiary.

ASX is using JF011E CVT unit made by JATCO.

http://www.jatco.co.jp/ENGLISH/products/cvt/jf011e.html

Found this from a M'sian forum page about CVTs:

"CVT rubber band effect is more of the TCU issue than the hardware.

case in example is the Mitsu INVECS III CVT and Nissan's X-tronic CVT

both are manufacatured by the same company - JATCO

both both have different "software" - i.e. the TCU (transmission control unit)

the INVECS III have bad rubber band effect on low speed acceleration

the X-Tronic has an improved experience

if u think ur CVT is jerking, just ask the SC to reset the TCU for you.

INVECS III has an adaptive TCU - it adjusts setting according to your driving style - i.e. it "learns" your driving style."

Does resetting the TCU works, reduce the jerking cos I also experience this.

Does resetting the TCU works, reduce the jerking cos I also experience this.

I only got slight jerking for a few times. 

Seems to have disappeared now.

So hv not requested for TCU reset.

If u r concerned, check with service adviser at C&C.

Not too sure if it will work.

Let us know if u get it done.

I only got slight jerking for a few times. 

Seems to have disappeared now.

So hv not requested for TCU reset.

If u r concerned, check with service adviser at C&C.

Not too sure if it will work.

Let us know if u get it done.

I reset mine when i did the 1k service. The jerking still persist although the frequency reduce.

Supercharged

Hi all, when u mentioned jerking, does it only occur when moving fr standstill, during crawling traffic and or upon deeply depressing accel pedal / downshift? Cos previously drivin cpt with invecs iii cut but didn't encounter such an issue during 3 yrs ownership.

For me, it happens a few times too either from starts or when slowing down and accelerate again. I think it has got to do more with the right foot. Need to accelerate gradually for the first 1 sec and not depress to much.

• Praise 1

For me, it happens a few times too either from starts or when slowing down and accelerate again. I think it has got to do more with the right foot. Need to accelerate gradually for the first 1 sec and not depress to much.

I tried the easy and slowly tofu approach to depress the gas pedal liao but it still jerk

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Got my coe on the last bidding(22june) and SE say car only collect end of july....

So wanna check with you guys how long after registration do you collect your rides?

Do they fit out everything first or register first?

Think my SE is bulls**tting me.......

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Cheers

Expect to wait for a while bec CnC got 4 brands and they are all service by the same installer. So must Q-up. Waited more than a mth for mine. Good thing is that they will only register yr car 1 day before.

↡ Advertisement