Mitsubishi ASX

Agoodman

hi all,

i have my ASX since Jun 2016.  So far FC is about 11 - 13 km/L.  trying pushing the ASX during test drive, sure you enjoy the acceleration offer by its CVVT transmission, but have to bear with its noisy engine.

the model i had from 2016 come with Eurostyle audio/GPS which is a total let down through. current model is a Sony.

Overall, i enjoyed my ride and will be exploring for a long distance to Penang or Hatyai which i missed over 4 year liao.  been up to Krabi twice on my Suzuki Grand Vitara and also Peugeot 3008.

Wah, you ever owned a Peugeot! So was the car reliable?

Had a Citroen once and swore never again to buy another French car.

Agreed, the Eurostyle head unit is really lousy. Sony should be better.

ASX let down by the CVT, in my opinion they should have used a conventional 6 speed auto.

Acceleration will be much better giving a sportier drive.

The CVT is bad, in certain low speed situations, the CVT is jerky.

The MIVEC engine is unrefined and noisy, other Jap engines are way better and quieter.

Only get 8 - 9 km/L as mostly city driving, stuck in traffic jams, lights.

↡ Advertisement

Booked a blue in mid Feb, got my COE last round (first bid), was told that I can collect in third week of March.

Congrats! Last weekend, already saw one face lifted 2017 red ASX on the road already!

Looks nice.

(edited)

Hi Guys, am a newbie here. just made down payment a while ago.

Thanks for this forum useful and informative during my selection.

Would like to contribute some info for bros here if you intend to buy.

Forgive me if some info already mention.

Entry price: is $115,999

C&C give discount: $12,000

So Promo price as advertised is : $103,999 (Non Guarantee 6 bid COE)

Guarantee 6 bid COE: $107,999

i) 12K discount apply if:

Taking loan: $5000 off

Trade in Car: $7000 off (exclude your trade in value)

Total Discount: $12,000

ii) 8K discount apply if:

Not Taking loan: $2000 off

No Trade in car: $6000 off

Total Discount: $8000

Freebie include:

1.Recorded cam for front & rear

2.Carmat & Cashcard cover

Standard item:

Multi touch screen with bluetooth, GPS, Tinted glass, reverse cam and the sporty chrome plate below front and rear bumper.

Mentioned issue:

Rear seat too straight. 

I have double checked and this new facelift model do not have such problem. 

Interior:

The leather seat very smooth and comfy.

Interior not as luxury as Harrier (as i only see Harrier)

But overall still good specially the piano finish for the multi touch screen part. Very slick.

Space:

As a driver, i find it spacious in front.

Rear space, about the same as Honda vessel or better. Vezel rear top very low but ASX rear is higher so didn't find it squeezy.

Boot Space:

More then enough space to put a wheelchair.

Engine:

Am not a technical person, so can't comment much about this area.

But am impressed during my test drive as gear changing and handling were very smooth. During my test drive, i didn't on the radio so to experience the sound proofing.. not so quiet but acceptable for me.

As I didn't expect to spend such affortable amount on a Japanese SUV car with a European car experience. Its has the cruising function, manual gear changing while driving in auto. The rest are quite standard for new car.

What make me choose this ASX:

A.Price for a 2L SUV

B.Sporty look with 18" wheel

C.Space

D.Low maintenance cost (C&C 10yrs warranty and 5yrs part warranty)

E.3 yrs free servicing if you take up the loan (Not sure if its apply only to full loan) 

Why hardly see ASX on the road:

As what I learn from SE, it took too long for Mitsubishi to realize the market has changed, more drivers are interested in SUV then sedan.

I agreed as Japanese can be very stubborn and prideful with their own success. Thats why Korean Brand over took them in electrical and motor products.

So this ASX model is to gain back their loses in the market share.

To compete with others. Lower price but bigger CC.

Now they heavy advertised in social media, web ad and Bus-stop.

Hopefully my above sharing are useful.

Cheers

Edited by Buzztay
  • Praise 4

Lucky you, my dash cam is only for front and I did not get GPS as standard. Didn't think I need GPS anyway since the HU is Android Auto compatible so I'll just use my phone.

Sony headunit with Android carplay?

maybe didnt explain well. my still original set may be a brand from Ah Tiong land call Eurostyle.  but current ASX 2017 come with ony set, maybe some members can confirm.

Hi Guys, am a newbie here. just made down payment a while ago.

Thanks for this forum useful and informative during my selection.

Would like to contribute some info for bros here if you intend to buy.

Forgive me if some info already mention.

Entry price: is $115,999

C&C give discount: $12,000

So Promo price as advertised is : $103,999 (Non Guarantee 6 bid COE)

Guarantee 6 bid COE: $107,999

i) 12K discount apply if:

Taking loan: $5000 off

Trade in Car: $7000 off (exclude your trade in value)

Total Discount: $12,000

ii) 8K discount apply if:

Not Taking loan: $2000 off

No Trade in car: $6000 off

Total Discount: $8000

Freebie include:

1.Recorded cam for front & rear

2.Carmat & Cashcard cover

Standard item:

Multi touch screen with bluetooth, GPS, Tinted glass, reverse cam and the sporty chrome plate below front and rear bumper.

Mentioned issue:

Rear seat too straight. 

I have double checked and this new facelift model do not have such problem. 

Interior:

The leather seat very smooth and comfy.

Interior not as luxury as Harrier (as i only see Harrier)

But overall still good specially the piano finish for the multi touch screen part. Very slick.

Space:

As a driver, i find it spacious in front.

Rear space, about the same as Honda vessel or better. Vezel rear top very low but ASX rear is higher so didn't find it squeezy.

Boot Space:

More then enough space to put a wheelchair.

Engine:

Am not a technical person, so can't comment much about this area.

But am impressed during my test drive as gear changing and handling were very smooth. During my test drive, i didn't on the radio so to experience the sound proofing.. not so quiet but acceptable for me.

As I didn't expect to spend such affortable amount on a Japanese SUV car with a European car experience. Its has the cruising function, manual gear changing while driving in auto. The rest are quite standard for new car.

What make me choose this ASX:

A.Price for a 2L SUV

B.Sporty look with 18" wheel

C.Space

D.Low maintenance cost (C&C 10yrs warranty and 5yrs part warranty)

E.3 yrs free servicing if you take up the loan (Not sure if its apply only to full loan) 

Why hardly see ASX on the road:

As what I learn from SE, it took too long for Mitsubishi to realize the market has changed, more drivers are interested in SUV then sedan.

I agreed as Japanese can be very stubborn and prideful with their own success. Thats why Korean Brand over took them in electrical and motor products.

So this ASX model is to gain back their loses in the market share.

To compete with others. Lower price but bigger CC.

Now they heavy advertised in social media, web ad and Bus-stop.

Hopefully my above sharing are useful.

Cheers

Very true, got my ASX delivered in Jun 2016. and enjoying the ride; just completed 20k kM.

had Suzuki GV for 5.5 years (heavy drinkers though, troubleless) Peugeot 3008 for 5 years (problematic since after first year, last 2 years tow in workshop for 3 times, spending total almost $5k just on repair-not maintenance)

small thing like rear mirror dimming when rear car shone light on is a plus point where many dont notice. 

Do C&C still give out $500 service credit where you can off set during each service beside the 3 years free servicing?

maybe didnt explain well. my still original set may be a brand from Ah Tiong land call Eurostyle. but current ASX 2017 come with ony set, maybe some members can confirm.

Yes current one comes with Sony HU, with Apple Carplay and Android Auto compatibility

(edited)

maybe didnt explain well. my still original set may be a brand from Ah Tiong land call Eurostyle.  but current ASX 2017 come with ony set, maybe some members can confirm.

In the show room, the ASX 2017 model audio brand is sony. But SE told me after much feedback from previous model the sony set will be replaced with another audio set which come with bluetooth and GPS.. I heard he said the brand is JS... (dunno what brand is that).

Edited by Buzztay

It is a pity that carmakers build modern crossovers with limited headroom. 1.8m+ drivers not suitable....

Haiz sacrifice comfort for looks.

Power is subjective n relative. Subjective becos it depends what cars u driven prev. Relative cos compared to avg car on the rd u traveling. If I only driven 1.2l cars n most cars on rd r same type, then 2.0 is def powerful

nowadays with turbo charging, the 1.2 seems to be able to carry the weight of the car.

Sorry cannot praise you as just did....

Very true, got my ASX delivered in Jun 2016. and enjoying the ride; just completed 20k kM.

had Suzuki GV for 5.5 years (heavy drinkers though, troubleless) Peugeot 3008 for 5 years (problematic since after first year, last 2 years tow in workshop for 3 times, spending total almost $5k just on repair-not maintenance)

small thing like rear mirror dimming when rear car shone light on is a plus point where many dont notice. 

Do C&C still give out $500 service credit where you can off set during each service beside the 3 years free servicing?

Wow, so your Peugeot also very the problematic one.

My previous Citroen was not any better.

Lesson learnt is never to buy any French make car again!

In fact I am allergic to Conti makes now.

Did not get any $500 service credit when I bought the ASX in 2016.

Only three free servicing within first 12 months.

Got to pay for maintenance package after that.

nowadays with turbo charging, the 1.2 seems to be able to carry the weight of the car.

Sorry cannot praise you as just did....

np bro. but w new VES next yr, i think TC small cc cars may be surcharged as they may exceed other emissions.. wanna buy may have to buy within this year..

Comparison 

Dimension of the Compact Crossover 

MODEL   :     L   x    W   x    H

ASX         : 4355 x 1810 x 1640

VEZEL     : 4295 x 1770 x 1605

QQ          : 4380 x 1806 x 1590

Comparison 

Dimension of the Compact Crossover 

MODEL   :     L   x    W   x    H

ASX         : 4355 x 1810 x 1640

VEZEL     : 4295 x 1770 x 1605

QQ          : 4380 x 1806 x 1590

Interesting, that means that the ASX is the largest of the Japanese compact crossover vehicles.

Only the QQ is slightly longer than the ASX.

Got my ASX in June 2016 and same price as the current offer, 103999. Got 3 yr free servicing and $500 voucher. So far only used $20 for tyre rotation. Overall drvive experience is not bad. Power is more than enough. Always ahead of other car when start from traffic light. FC is between 9.5 to 10.5 km/l based on 60/40 hw/city driving.

↡ Advertisement