Mitsubishi ASX

Agoodman

(edited)

Thanks for all the advise...

Just got my ASX Coe bided with first attempt...still wondering how it really work...anw just want to check how long it takes in general to collect the car? I ask the sales and said end may. I'm ok but just want avoid SLP on car plate...hahah

Normally, you can collect the car 2 - 3 weeks after securing the COE.

Hi guys, I'm sorry that I cannot share my experience on ASX drive here anymore. It great to read all the review from this link. Mazda told me they will secure the COE for me on 11/5/17, meaning 1st bidding of May. Will be collecting the car 1 week later.

I'm actually more interested a SUV then a MPV.

Good luck guys..

Strange that you did not book a CX-3 or CX-5 as those are Mazda SUVs.

Edited by Clement
↡ Advertisement

The Mazda5 while dated is a very value for money considering ASX price is now close to it. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

CX 3 cabin is a size of Mazda 2, CX-5 facelift model launching in early July. Got a good deal for Mazda 5 so just grab it.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi,

I'm deciding whether to get a Qashqai 1.2T or ASX, the price of both not much different. Test drive ASX today and realised it's a good car in term of driving comfort and the design of the car.

Need your advise on my 2 concerns below:

1. Heard that Qashqai turbo giving some problem, not good for long term, is this true?

2. Not seeing much ASX on the road, do you know why? Since it's a good car why not many people choosing this car?

Thanks you!

Edited by Leolim818

Hi,

I'm deciding whether to get a Qashqai 1.2T or ASX, the price of both not much different. Test drive ASX today and realised it's a good car in term of driving comfort and the design of the car.

1. Heard that Qashqai turbo giving some problem, not good for long term, is this true?

2. Not seeing much ASX on the road, do you know why? Since it's a good car why not many people choosing this car?

Thanks you!

1.  Read that there were some problems with the 1.2T Qashqai model. You need to check the Qashqai discussion forum. I test drove the 2L Qashqai, did not like it as found it too bumpy with its huge 19 inch wheels.

2.  Most S'poreans may not like the bigger 2L engine as Cat B COE / higher road tax. Also it is a really old model due for complete change very soon.

• Praise 1

Its not a perfect car but would not go wrong with this car. Its value for $. Hv been driving for close to a yr. Not much problem.

• Praise 1

Hi,

depending on your choice as it is also more liking for Forestor now that the pricing is coming down to close up to ASX.  owning ASX for more than a year now and so far happy with the car and C&C service support.  My friend who own a Forestor bought about same time only complain is the fuel consumption.  other friends who own Subaru for its AWD also have same feedback.  service on Forestor also on the high side due to its boxer engine. so it is for your choice.  I have brought my ASX to Malaysia and the fuel consumption is good despite going at high speed (140 kmh), car also stable.   

• Praise 2

ASX 108.5k full cash with trade in.

Forrester 109.5k full cash with trade in.

Which one is a good deal?

Both are good cars in my view.

Another factor to consider is the size and weight of the vehicles, given the smaller car park lots around:

ASX: 4295 (L) x 1770 (W) x 1615 (H)

Forester: 4610 (L) x 1795 (W) x 1735 (H)

ASX: 1375 kg

Forester: 1519 kg

The Forester is a lot higher than the ASX and longer/heavier too, also slightly wider.

Not surprising that the FC for Forester will be higher as it is AWD.

As it is, parking in some car park lots, already find it difficult to get out of my ASX without hitting next car park lot car door.

Also, have hit the side mirrors on beams a few times while reversing into narrower parking lots, but fortunately no damage.

So it is something to consider as well.

• Praise 2

Seems like the this topic has gone quiet for some time. 

Juz bought a new Red ASX in Oct 17. 

However informed SE that I will only be receiving it in Dec 17 as I wanna max my current Jazz. Hah abit hard to let go. 

So... from one Japan make to another Japan make. 

Anyway, check with you guys. Where can we do ASX modifications in Singapore and how much do you top-up each round (full tank i guess is about 63 litres? and assuming you are pumping 95?)

Appreciate the advice. 

• Praise 3

Seems like the this topic has gone quiet for some time. 

Juz bought a new Red ASX in Oct 17. 

However informed SE that I will only be receiving it in Dec 17 as I wanna max my current Jazz. Hah abit hard to let go. 

So... from one Japan make to another Japan make. 

Anyway, check with you guys. Where can we do ASX modifications in Singapore and how much do you top-up each round (full tank i guess is about 63 litres? and assuming you are pumping 95?)

Appreciate the advice. 

Have been told that lots of ASX users are on the Facebook page.

Do not know of where you can do modifications on ASX, normal shops should be able to work on the ASX.

Just shop online on taobao or aliexpress to buy ASX accessories.

Lots of things available, but all made in China.

I top up about 50-53 liters each time, I don't wait until refuel light starts blinking.

When range is about 50 km, will go to top up on petrol.

Drive mainly in city, so poor FC about 8 - 9 km/L.

Can get about 12 - 13 km/L on highway.

• Praise 2

Hi,

Thanks you!

1. 1.2 turbo if you overexert it might cause problem for car such a size. i would say for qashqai 1.5turbo would be a better set up. the car is very underpowered

2. the reason why you dont see it often despite the attractive pricing because its Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi are the top choice for air condition. in singapore ppl buy car partly due to branding, for 2L car there are a lot of option out there. 

• Dislike 1

1. 1.2 turbo if you overexert it might cause problem for car such a size. i would say for qashqai 1.5turbo would be a better set up. the car is very underpowered

2. the reason why you dont see it often despite the attractive pricing because its Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi are the top choice for air condition. in singapore ppl buy car partly due to branding, for 2L car there are a lot of option out there. 

1.  Better choice would be a 2.0 turbo charged ASX! Now that would be much faster than the current ASX. We can only dream on!

2.  Not many ASX on the roads is good for us ASX owners, the ASX becomes more "exclusive". U do not see an ASX everyday. Unlike Vezel / HRV or Forester, which u can see everyday.