Mitsubishi ASX

Agoodman

Hi bros,

Wonder why cannot find forum talking about this car?

Recently the car price drop till 110k with 6 bid-guarantee COE.

It comes with 7 airbags, moonroof, keyless engine start,memory seat and make in japan.

I find the exterior and interior quite nice with above-mentioned feature and pricing is likely the cheapest in the market.

Is this car having problem?

Any bro driving now can share? [:)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Confirmed 110k as i just went down last week-end. I also read the review from internet and quite value for $$$.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Got moonroof? I know old model have. I thought this facelift dun have?

Also no memory seats. You remember wrong car?

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

Hi bros,

It comes with 7 airbags, moonroof, keyless engine start,memory seat and make in japan.

I find the exterior and interior quite nice with above-mentioned feature and pricing is likely the cheapest in the market.

Mitsubishi still using outdated tech, and fuel consumption bad, performance low,

worse its OMV only 15k, very low compare to other 2.0L car,

so this segment buyers all go for QQ, Harrier, Xtrail , or Vezel

• Praise 3

Hi bros,

I was there on Sunday. Price is $113, 999.

Did it go down yo $110,000?

• Praise 1

now at 107k, subject to trade in of car, else add 7k more.

built not as posh as vezel / xv / qq, ride & handling is reasonable, sound system decent, rear seat pad not long enuf to support thigh. unsure y wheelbase quite long but legroom not as roomy as expected, cvt drone quite audible above 3k rpm, one thing i like is steering can remain neutral on straight road for quite a distance w/o much movement w/o being held by hands.

Mitsubishi still using outdated tech, and fuel consumption bad, performance low,

worse its OMV only 15k, very low compare to other 2.0L car,

so this segment buyers all go for QQ, Harrier, Xtrail , or Vezel

Harrier and Xtrail probably outside this segment for those with $110K budget for car.

As you said, the main competitors are QQ 1.2T and Vezel - plus add the Subaru XV.

If criteria is Made in Japan and from Authorised dealer, then list is down to only ASX and the Subaru XV and perhaps even the Subaru Forester 2.0 (if COE drop a bit more).  (QQ is made in UK and Vezel is PI car)

All have their plus and minus.  Test drive all, do a bit of research and then make up your mind.

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 1

Any Mitsubishi ASX new owners who book their ride in November Motor show got their ride already?

Saw a number of ASX these few days on the road.

Am still waiting for my pearl white arrival

• Praise 1

Any Mitsubishi ASX new owners who book their ride in November Motor show got their ride already?

Saw a number of ASX these few days on the road.

Am still waiting for my pearl white arrival

Hi,

Congrats - sure you will have a good drive as I drove it in Australia.

Do update us on your finding if you can. 

• Praise 1

I do not like the four wheel drive of Subaru vehicles, high FC, so did not even consider any Subaru SUVs.

Tested the HRV but the engine is only 1.5L which is insufficient, car made in Thailand so it is a minus for me.

Vezel is made in Japan, so that is good but no test drive and I do not like to deal with PIs, so that is out for me.

Test drove a Nissan Qashqai 2L but found the ride too hard as running on 19 inch wheels!

Did consider the Mazda CX-5, but found it far too big.

So in the end, surprisingly I booked the Mitsubishi ASX, made in Japan and runs on 18 inch wheels.

Only thing I do not like is that the boot floor is level with the boot plastic guard and there are hard plastics everywhere inside the interior.

It is made to be functional and not luxurious.

• Praise 1

I do not like the four wheel drive of Subaru vehicles, high FC, so did not even consider any Subaru SUVs.

Tested the HRV but the engine is only 1.5L which is insufficient, car made in Thailand so it is a minus for me.

Vezel is made in Japan, so that is good but no test drive and I do not like to deal with PIs, so that is out for me.

Test drove a Nissan Qashqai 2L but found the ride too hard as running on 19 inch wheels!

Did consider the Mazda CX-5, but found it far too big.

So in the end, surprisingly I booked the Mitsubishi ASX, made in Japan and runs on 18 inch wheels.

Only thing I do not like is that the boot floor is level with the boot plastic guard and there are hard plastics everywhere inside the interior.

It is made to be functional and not luxurious.

Subaru high FC are for older models.

Newer ones much better - e.g. on Sgcarmart, Subaru XV is listed as 15.9 km/l vs ASX 13.5 km/l. Of course, in actual real world both will not be so high but relative difference will still be there.

On top of that, have bonus of Subaru all wheel drive to give Audi quattro type of shiok cornering and wet road holding experience.

Having said that, ASX is a nice car also and one of the hot sellers in Australia.

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 1

I did not look at the XV as it is 1.6L, I am more interested in 2L and above SUVs.

Not fair to compare the ASX 2L with the XV 1.6L as the engine capacity is different.

For the Subaru XV, FC:

User Fuel Consumption
Extra Urban: 10.0 litre/100km (10.0km/litre)
Urban:   10.0 litre/100km (10.0km/litre)
Combined: 10.0 litre/100km (10.0km/litre)

The Subaru Forester 2.0i Premium (Non -Turbo) FC:

User Fuel Consumption
Extra Urban: 10.0 litre/100km (10.0km/litre)
Urban:   14.3 litre/100km (7.0km/litre)
Combined: 11.5 litre/100km (8.67km/litre)

The Subaru Forester XT (Turbo) FC:

User Fuel Consumption
Extra Urban: 6.7 litre/100km (15.0km/litre)
Urban:   33.3 litre/100km (3.0km/litre)
Combined: 11.0 litre/100km (9.08km/litre)

Have booked the Mitsubishi ASX just before the CNY, titanium grey colour. 

Waiting for the first COE bidding which will be on 17 Feb 2016.

Congrats & good price now  @ 99k

↡ Advertisement