All New BMW 1 Series

ccsgl1900

Went Audi and PML just now. PML pack with customer.. The uncle SE I talked to say have 1 and only 116d, no option for m sport package.

Any bro have other SE to recommend? The one I talk to like don't want to do my business.

I am deciding between A3 and 116d also. Am disappointed A3 basic doesn't have electric seats and keyless start also..

For 1, unlikely they will bring in indent model

Most likely need to indent and wait for 3-4 months.doubt that they have it in stock.

For indent, minimum 6 mths.

For 1, unlikely PML accept indent

↡ Advertisement

the 1-series is known for being a cramped place to be.

diesel cars are not at all like what they used to be. But in modern day, the best are as refined as any petrol apart from the clatter you might hear when outside the car.

Do not expect them to feel like a petrol, they slog you with far more torque than any petrol can muster but will run out of horsepower after 4,000RPM due to inherently low redline of diesel.

I see.. what about the interior noise of the car?? u mentioned exterior noise clatter.. but interior noise is it very loud?? cramped place? i am gging to fetch passengers and myself, ard 165-170cm in height... so wonder if there is still abit of space?? looks like got to go showroom n tk a look b4 anything else.. thanks.

Just go to PM showroom to test drive. When you are buying a $130k plus car, you do not read the spec, you got to test drive and feel it and determine is this the car that are within your budget.

Thanks for ur advice..i personally hv not been to the showrooms.. have u? very true, looks like got to go the showroom someday.thanks!

I do agree with bro ccsgl1900, go show room to try. When i went see car time i even set the car seat to suit me then i pop to behind driver seat to test. I am 1.81m. For me, i felt kind of small space where the legs go under the seats and you can't move much. Well when i pick a colleague of mine for lunch who is 1.83m, he purposed ask to sit behind me and told me not to adjust the seats as he wanted to feel how is it behind. He said though a bit small but still can sit lah. So you see, it really depends on individuals.

But like other bro here mentioned, if you want to get the 116d, you really have to guage you drive more or you fetch people more. If you fetch ppl more, then the 116d may not be suitable and you will keep thinking about this. For me, i do fetch my mum inlaw and 2 little kids (6yr n 4 yr) in the morning and occasionally at night. Though the car is kind of low for my inlaw to go in, but journey is pretty short so still manageable. And for the rest of the day will be me only travelling around 26km to work and home per trip. Thus, it will be an enjoyable drive for me.

I love the journey most whenever I worked late and on my way home. Simply less traffic and smooth drive all the way along kje.

I see.. aside from the legroom, wat about the headroom?? like u mentioned u do fetch ur mother in law.. i myself do need to fetch my parents, relatives, and myself .. Height is avg btwn 165-170cm.. i am kinda worried if i get this car, will be too low for my parents.. as they may find it difficult to bend down n get inside the seats... spine ache i kinda worried..

I see, smooth drive for BMW cars I agree. but this model, diesel, how is the interior noise like?? and the fuel consumption wise? do advice. thanks.

Edited by Girlgirlzz

For 1, unlikely they will bring in indent model

For indent, minimum 6 mths.

For 1, unlikely PML accept indent

indent vehicles take 3-4 months.PML does accept indents.how else do you get manual transmission vehicles/get better audio from factory/leather options/bigger rims...etc

@radx, maybe it is good idea to change the title to BMW 1 Series.

X1 is moving from E84 to F48. Not LCI lah.

At this price, what do you expect?

W/o long bonnet, how to fit IL6?

The only car i know could fit IL6 with shorter bonnet is Golf.

Even Golf cannot fit IL6. Golf could only fit V6. V6 is more compact than IL6.

Turbocharged

I see.. what about the interior noise of the car?? u mentioned exterior noise clatter.. but interior noise is it very loud?? cramped place? i am gging to fetch passengers and myself, ard 165-170cm in height... so wonder if there is still abit of space?? looks like got to go showroom n tk a look b4 anything else.. thanks.

Mostly 165~170cm height people should be okay, though long journey probably got complaints.

As for interior noise it depends on the design of the mounting, insulation, etc. Most car sound very different inside and outside.

Good example for you to experience refined diesel engine... go take one of the i40 taxis. They are equipped with 1.7L CRDi (common rail diesel injection) engine. Inside is fairly refined and quiet.

indent vehicles take 3-4 months.PML does accept indents.how else do you get manual transmission vehicles/get better audio from factory/leather options/bigger rims...etc

I don't mind wait for 3-4 months as I'm not in hurry. The thing is the SE told me they don't accept indent at all. I ask him how come www.bmw.sg show 3 different lines, he say thier website not accurate one. So want to try other SE see whether getting the same answer.

Thanks for ur advice..i personally hv not been to the showrooms.. have u? very true, looks like got to go the showroom someday.thanks!

I see.. aside from the legroom, wat about the headroom?? like u mentioned u do fetch ur mother in law.. i myself do need to fetch my parents, relatives, and myself .. Height is avg btwn 165-170cm.. i am kinda worried if i get this car, will be too low for my parents.. as they may find it difficult to bend down n get inside the seats... spine ache i kinda worried..

I see, smooth drive for BMW cars I agree. but this model, diesel, how is the interior noise like?? and the fuel consumption wise? do advice. thanks.

I find the interior noise acceptable.. at least for me. Rear legroom is smaller but still ok for me (170-175cm) after I set my front position.

I don't mind wait for 3-4 months as I'm not in hurry. The thing is the SE told me they don't accept indent at all. I ask him how come www.bmw.sg show 3 different lines, he say thier website not accurate one. So want to try other SE see whether getting the same answer.

Try someone else.if not accepting indent it is something new.I drive an indented PML vehicle.

Some SE are like that, I met one that highly discouraged me from indenting then I met the one I bought from which helped me work on the must have indent items for the car lol.

I suspect there are some that want to do as little paperwork possible these are the ones that don't like to assist on the indenting process.

Try someone else.if not accepting indent it is something new.I drive an indented PML vehicle.

well, if you ask me, I am sure my mum inlaw will prefer to sit the estima (other car my wife driving now) however, normally the journey in 116d is usually kind of short so still quite ok lah for her. if we are going for long journey, we will go in the estima instead. So my case may be a little different. When I fetch my inlaw, I usually ask her to sit either in the front passenger or rear of the front passenger, so she will get more leg rooms.

Some SE are like that, I met one that highly discouraged me from indenting then I met the one I bought from which helped me work on the must have indent items for the car lol.

I suspect there are some that want to do as little paperwork possible these are the ones that don't like to assist on the indenting process.

Is all about their commission , they just want to deliver the car as soon as possible. Indent takes months, who know they may not be around by the time you collect.

I hope the new owners to Conti drive know that very soon they will have to face the oil leak issues.

It is rather surprising to hear that 116 is a high performance car. Hope the new owners to the BMW makes know what they are getting themselves into. The cars will not have the same reliability as their previous jap makes.

Mostly 165~170cm height people should be okay, though long journey probably got complaints.

As for interior noise it depends on the design of the mounting, insulation, etc. Most car sound very different inside and outside.

Good example for you to experience refined diesel engine... go take one of the i40 taxis. They are equipped with 1.7L CRDi (common rail diesel injection) engine. Inside is fairly refined and quiet.

I see... The height of bmw 1 series is the same as normal sedan for driver itself and the rear passengers?? cuz i see that 1 series rear passengers the height of seats like abit low.. same goes for the driver... if its like normal 3 or 5 series sedan, or honda city/honda accord sedan height for both driver n rear passengers then i will consider getting bmw 1 series liao..haha..

I find the interior noise acceptable.. at least for me. Rear legroom is smaller but still ok for me (170-175cm) after I set my front position.

I see, fair enough.. if ur height is 170-175cm and legroom is ok, then i think should be ok for me too... wondering the headroom for rear passengers too.. for me, legroom, headroom/height of the car and seats, interior noise of the car is most impt... i shall go tk a look ,thanks!

well, if you ask me, I am sure my mum inlaw will prefer to sit the estima (other car my wife driving now) however, normally the journey in 116d is usually kind of short so still quite ok lah for her. if we are going for long journey, we will go in the estima instead. So my case may be a little different. When I fetch my inlaw, I usually ask her to sit either in the front passenger or rear of the front passenger, so she will get more leg rooms.

Ohh, Toyota estima is way bigger luhhx... that one cfm more legroom..haha.. so i can understand tt.. anyway thanks for ur advice, will look into it.. [;)][;)]

I hope the new owners to Conti drive know that very soon they will have to face the oil leak issues.

It is rather surprising to hear that 116 is a high performance car. Hope the new owners to the BMW makes know what they are getting themselves into. The cars will not have the same reliability as their previous jap makes.

Not to mention the BMW gearbox has a high chance of "kaput" after 100000km plus over-heating issues. But if you can afford the car, these are just small change problems lah.

Turbocharged

I see... The height of bmw 1 series is the same as normal sedan for driver itself and the rear passengers?? cuz i see that 1 series rear passengers the height of seats like abit low.. same goes for the driver... if its like normal 3 or 5 series sedan, or honda city/honda accord sedan height for both driver n rear passengers then i will consider getting bmw 1 series liao..haha..

I see, fair enough.. if ur height is 170-175cm and legroom is ok, then i think should be ok for me too... wondering the headroom for rear passengers too.. for me, legroom, headroom/height of the car and seats, interior noise of the car is most impt... i shall go tk a look ,thanks!

Ohh, Toyota estima is way bigger luhhx... that one cfm more legroom..haha.. so i can understand tt.. anyway thanks for ur advice, will look into it.. [;)][;)]

say here say there say this say that doesn't really mean anything until you go there sit in it yourself and decide whether it is tahan-able or buay tahan.

Go try and let the rest of us know [thumbsup]

Edited by 7hm

Some people stretch themselves too much.

I know someone got money to buy new car but no m9ney to pay phone bill.

Not to mention the BMW gearbox has a high chance of "kaput" after 100000km plus over-heating issues. But if you can afford the car, these are just small change problems lah.

Turbocharged

Some people stretch themselves too much.

I know someone got money to buy new car but no m9ney to pay phone bill.

I recall reading somewhere that a lot of young execs/white-collars are stretching themselves crazy thin just to lease 3-series...

I recall reading somewhere that a lot of young execs/white-collars are stretching themselves crazy thin just to lease 3-series...

Some of them do i guess.. well.. when I was looking around for new car. Initial plan was diesel or hybrid (think I mentioned before :) ). But didnt really like the hybrid for most hybrid rear legroom is small too and car price also kind of high.

Though some may say diesel car after long use maintenance may go high... but I guess never try never know... further diesel price is much lower that Petrol. Even hybrid also need to pump petrol.

I have 2 other colleagues also driving a diesel car (V40), so got some reference and advise to share... so I guess getting the 116d is a good choice..

↡ Advertisement