All New BMW 1 Series

ccsgl1900

No need all those u mentioned la

If 6 mths clock 12k km, juz wait for servicing.

If 1 yr clock 12k km, better change oil & filter outside

ya i know that, its the SA psycho me...lol

↡ Advertisement

I got 5yr /100km free servicing so I don't expect any charges unless I'm mistaken.

Also haven't reached 12k yet so can't comment. Can ask your SE to check what's covered in the servicing and if there will be any out of pocket cost. I forgot to ask mine when I buy [:p]

Thx. Can I also check some details of the car

Is this car keyless entry?

Side mirror can auto fold when switch off engine?

Comes with gps and moon roof?

Is there free umbrella? Saw that Audi got give customers this

Can the engine auto start stop function be disabled permanently?

Thx. Can I also check some details of the car

Is this car keyless entry?

Side mirror can auto fold when switch off engine?

Comes with gps and moon roof?

Is there free umbrella? Saw that Audi got give customers this

Can the engine auto start stop function be disabled permanently?

Keyless entry.

Side mirror can fold but need to press and hold the lock button.

No gps, no moon/sun roof.

I didn’t get free umbrella leh. Maybe never squeeze enough.

Engine auto start stop can disable permanently only if you get 3rd party to code it in. Else need to press button to disable it every time start engine.

A few posts back got a guy offering to code so that

1) start stop disabled permanently

2) mirror auto fold

3) aircon vent default to manual

Think he charging $50. I don’t dare cos I scared warranty void but that’s just me who is kiasi. Other people got say they code and no problem.

You should squeeze your rep, otherwise he won't give the brolly.. but there should be at least $100 worth of vouchers..

Edited by therock

Side mirror can fold but need to press and hold the lock button.

thx bro. so u mean must take out the key to press and hold? so ma fan.

also, any inherent issues with the engine? Read through the forum and most of it seem minor with common issue seems being the squeaky door problem.

think will go sign tmr at the PML. paiseh so many qn, first time buying bmw.

When you lock the car, you use the remote right? Just need to press the lock button a big longer until the mirror folds in. Not that mafan la.

The creaky doors can be fixed by them pasting some 3m tape. I got mine fixed when they had to flash the firmware, no creaks now. Let’s see if it comes back. If it does then I’ll just tell them to fix it again during first service.

Before you sign, remember to ask for

- 5 yr / 200km warranty

- 5 yr / 100km servicing

- solar film

- front / rear camera

- vouchers ($100 is included, so make sure get more than $100)

- umbrella

- car mats

Good luck!

Edited by xenobaka
  • Praise 2

thx bro. so u mean must take out the key to press and hold? so ma fan.

also, any inherent issues with the engine? Read through the forum and most of it seem minor with common issue seems being the squeaky door problem.

think will go sign tmr at the PML. paiseh so many qn, first time buying bmw.

This is generally a tried and test car, with mechanicals that have been around for a while..

All the best, and get two brollies!

hi bros, thanks much for all your reply. 1 more qn though. tried searching for PML service checklist but can't be found. is it available on their website?

is there a group chat for this car?

• Praise 1

hi bros, thanks much for all your reply. 1 more qn though. tried searching for PML service checklist but can't be found. is it available on their website?

is there a group chat for this car?

Hi cravecott98, we do have a WhatsApp Group chat where there are 116d owners, owners-to-be, or merely intend to look for 116d.

if you are not being added yet, you may want to pm me your number and name, I can add you into the chat group.

As for service checklist, I doubt you will be able to find one online, not sure if any of us ever seen one.. ;)

• Praise 1

Hi cravecott98, we do have a WhatsApp Group chat where there are 116d owners, owners-to-be, or merely intend to look for 116d.

if you are not being added yet, you may want to pm me your number and name, I can add you into the chat group.

As for service checklist, I doubt you will be able to find one online, not sure if any of us ever seen one.. ;)

can i join too  ?? 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

ya i know that, its the SA psycho me...lol

that's your prev car dealership lar, pml don't do that. at least not that I encounter or heard of.

that's your prev car dealership lar, pml don't do that. at least not that I encounter or heard of.

ya ya thats what i meant....lol....but come to think of it, do we need to do engine flush when our mileage reaches 10000km mark ? i only know old engines cannot flush....what about new engines ?

• Praise 1

Can join the whatsapp group?

Not sure if other member added you to our cg. if you don't mind, you may want to pm me your name and phone number. I can help to add you in..

they talk/discuss almost everything under the sun.. just no intentional marketing will do...

(and I mostly mute the cg as can get too noisy at times... ;) )

• Praise 1

ya ya thats what i meant....lol....but come to think of it, do we need to do engine flush when our mileage reaches 10000km mark ? i only know old engines cannot flush....what about new engines ?

Don't know about other brands. but never hear of BMW needing an engine flush. not even at 100k. And how sure are you that the so call chemical they put in will not eat into your seals? Whatever is in the owner's service manual, follow it. Cheers.

• Praise 2

Not sure if other member added you to our cg. if you don't mind, you may want to pm me your name and phone number. I can help to add you in..

they talk/discuss almost everything under the sun.. just no intentional marketing will do...

(and I mostly mute the cg as can get too noisy at times... ;) )

Done that, thanks

Don't know about other brands. but never hear of BMW needing an engine flush. not even at 100k. And how sure are you that the so call chemical they put in will not eat into your seals? Whatever is in the owner's service manual, follow it. Cheers.

wow good point noted....probably harsh chemicals....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1