All New BMW 1 Series

ccsgl1900

45 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Just wonder,why VW used different Gearbox for different Market.?If this Japanese Aisin Gearbox,which i think also used in the BMW M135i,is so good,VW,should put it in ALL their Cars..

All FWD BMW Group car that has torque above 250nm uses Aisin.

Below that use Getrag DCT

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)
21 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

The engine being renault have been discussed to death in mcf. It is a joint engine design between renault, merc and nissan. Not technically a renault engine. 

Mercedes does not have experience designing small engines thus the collaboration with nissan/Renault. The base is a development of a Nissan/Renault engine. 

Edited by Mkl22

Neutral Newbie

@Discoburg you should really look into 116i if you are into features. It is pack with awesome features compared to competitors from the same class. Really a fun car to drive. Price is about the same if you include all the overtrade discount etc. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, P0711142 said:

@Discoburg you should really look into 116i if you are into features. It is pack with awesome features compared to competitors from the same class. Really a fun car to drive. Price is about the same if you include all the overtrade discount etc. 

Was looking into it. Pity no 360 camera view whereas my Mz 3 have.

43 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Was looking into it. Pity no 360 camera view whereas my Mz 3 have.

Sure a small car no need 360 la.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
43 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Why a small car no need?

when i drive myvii in msia ... when do parallel parking 90% 1shot done

car is small and the turning radius is super awesome ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Wt_know said:

why i drive myvii in msia ... when do parallel parking 90% 1shot done

car is small and the turning radius is awesome ... 

Haha the 1 series is that small ah? First time I heard anyone comparing the 1 series with a myvii 😅

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Haha the 1 series is that small ah? First time I heard anyone comparing the 1 series with a myvii 😅

no la ... 1-series wheelbase is longer ... especially F40 ... 4300mm ... myvii is 3900mm 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

no la ... 1-series wheelbase is longer ... especially F40 ... 4300mm ... myvii is 3900mm 

Haha then you talk about the myvii like comparing what the earlier folk talk about small car no need 360.

• Haha! 1

If 360 cam is meant for parking and u think it's necessary for a 1 series , probably need a parking refresher course.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

On 5/21/2021 at 8:46 PM, shrjun said:

If 360 cam is meant for parking and u think it's necessary for a 1 series , probably need a parking refresher course.

Probably I need. Just got too used to having the 360 camera, front and rear facing camera.

The current high COE situation is going to benefit the premium marques.

My friend mentioned that the new BMW 1 is only 2k more per year than the Toyota Yaris Cross. As a stat board employee, he gets free servicing plus parts for the first five years from BMW.

That cuts another few thousand in costs. The Toyota salesman was also rather tao... so he's decided the propeller is worth the risk, plus the added perceived prestige, it's a no brainer for him.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, therock said:

The current high COE situation is going to benefit the premium marques.

My friend mentioned that the new BMW 1 is only 2k more per year than the Toyota Yaris Cross. As a stat board employee, he gets free servicing plus parts for the first five years from BMW.

That cuts another few thousand in costs. The Toyota salesman was also rather tao... so he's decided the propeller is worth the risk, plus the added perceived prestige, it's a no brainer for him.

COE is not yet high!

The parts are probably just consumables like filter and whatnot.

and isn't the bimmer like 45k more expensive.

but I agree . somehow its seems crazy to pay 100k for a Yaris cross.Even a FWD BMW is probably better.

• Praise 2

51 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

01D18D48-E7D7-48EC-8C22-77A316FBCCD1.jpeg

I thot your mazda 3 still quite new. To switch now wu hua bo?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1