All New BMW 1 Series

ccsgl1900

Do you get to choose between the dfferent lines like business, sport and M sport cause the website show other options, i.e. 120i as well.

Nope. Those available at stock is all 116d. if you want other config and features, they probably can config for you and you have to wait 3~4 months for it to come. I collect my car week after COE bidding and registration.

test drove the 116D yesterday. request the SE to turn off the radio during the test drive and the driver's door and passenger's door were creaking quite badly over humps. it is also quite apparent when the car is turning.

is this normal? or just the test drive car? any 116D owners can comment please.

I didn't notice that during test drive and SE didn't even ON the radio, guessed I was too engrossed with the drive and power of the car. But when I drove down a MSCP 2 days ago. I did notice the car has creak creak sound, like twisting of bones & metals.... going up was ok but no coming down.... didn't really like it though...

Normal bah, this BMW aftermarket part fixes the problem

BMW_cable_tape.gif

this kind of tape also need to get from bmw??? they must be quite ex then. Or they probably knew it it's y they came up with such aftermarket product.

↡ Advertisement

Haha no lah bro it's just some regular friction tape that bmw uses, apparently our weather causes some parts to rub and squeak (rubber area) just go back PML and complain about the Squeks and they will use this to get rid of it, bro ray sorted his that way

Nope. Those available at stock is all 116d. if you want other config and features, they probably can config for you and you have to wait 3~4 months for it to come. I collect my car week after COE bidding and registration.

I didn't notice that during test drive and SE didn't even ON the radio, guessed I was too engrossed with the drive and power of the car. But when I drove down a MSCP 2 days ago. I did notice the car has creak creak sound, like twisting of bones & metals.... going up was ok but no coming down.... didn't really like it though...

this kind of tape also need to get from bmw??? they must be quite ex then. Or they probably knew it it's y they came up with such aftermarket product.

This would be the indent option offered and IMO is the best way to confirm that the car was built FOR you :D .must wait 3-4 months though as previously mentioned.I don't think that PML has the higher config engines as an indent option though.

the base audio offered is crap and this is the only way to get the HK audio.

Haha no lah bro it's just some regular friction tape that bmw uses, apparently our weather causes some parts to rub and squeak (rubber area) just go back PML and complain about the Squeks and they will use this to get rid of it, bro ray sorted his that way

oic.... I still prefer "natural" leh... paste that no sound but has an extra layer.... :) let's see when my tolerance goes down...:)

This would be the indent option offered and IMO is the best way to confirm that the car was built FOR you :D .must wait 3-4 months though as previously mentioned.I don't think that PML has the higher config engines as an indent option though.

me not so an audio man.. increase the Base and Treble slightly so far so good for me for the audio part... ;)

I test drive both the current M-sport 320d and 120i while in M'sia last week. The 120i handling is very good and power is nice (in sport mode), comes with alcantara seat as well. The only draw back is the suspension is so stiff that the rear passenger might vomit on bumpy road. I wonder how the 116d power like. Might drop by PML test drive.

The 320d engine the noise is really loud.

Idling.. sound like comfort taxis if stand next to the car. Inside the car still noisy thought better.

For direct injection, it is normal lah.

For BMW 4 pot petrol NA engine, it is also famous for tiak tiak sound.

Ask @wt_know.

For direct injection, it is normal lah.

For BMW 4 pot petrol NA engine, it is also famous for tiak tiak sound.

Ask @wt_know.

Yeah the inline 4 NA engine has the tiak tick sound but from inside the car it is fine.

The BMW 1 series is not that noisy. I find it acceptable but cannot compare to other make.

Collect my ride today. The car pick up is very good and I find it enjoyable to drive.

The pivot is very different from front wheel drive car.

It is good car and this is my first Conti car. Loving it. :)

wow, congrat....i'm eyeing on this too, but dislike the back seat...too small and narrow. From the exterior look, is sure to make head turn.

It depend on your needs, is true the back seat is slightly small, but surprisingly it can sit three without much problem (squeeze a bit lah!). It definitely cannot compare with the 2 series (Active Tourer) and the 3 series. I think if your daily needs is for max 4 adults, this is a good BMW car with the right pricing.

I like the face lifted look too. Is there a petrol version coming? [:)]

As according to SE, they may not bring in the petrol version as it fall into a Cat B car. Price may not be competitive.

As according to SE, they may not bring in the petrol version as it fall into a Cat B car. Price may not be competitive.

BS lah

There is a detuned 1.5L that fall under Cat A

BS lah

There is a detuned 1.5L that fall under Cat A

haha, salespple will always try to push what they can sell u immediately.

whatever they can't sell, will be "not bringing in"...until it is already in and they can sell [laugh]

I like 1 series too, am comparing this one with A3 (sedan and sport back). Will be good if they have the petrol version. Also, Is it possible to retrofit or get pml install the reverse cam?

Edited by flyknit
↡ Advertisement