All New BMW 1 Series

ccsgl1900

If buy car to ferry ppl, DON'T buy BMW.

If buy car to drive, buy BMW. Heck car OC & kids KPKB about bumpy suspension.

Nowadays, BMW must have M sports. Otherwise, it feels like a boat.

Bro, I agree.

↡ Advertisement

For me 120i will be sufficient. I find the m-sport package 120i suspension very stiff. Rear too bumpy. 116d suspension ok? Can fit 2 primary school kids? Can drift with 116d sport mode anot? 😁

I found the 116d suspension to be quite compliant and comfy.

2 primary school kids can fit.

Drift, maybe, if you have a wet road and pop in a LSD. Otherwise, if you want to dori dori, buy a M135i/M235i (and pop in a LSD)

Hello Mockngbrd,

I'm just wondering whether you got your BMW 1 from Performance Motors and did you get the COE during your first bid?

New to getting new cars so I'm wondering how good are dealers at bidding for COE for you.

Excited to get the new car!

Just had the 116d over the weekend. Better than expected.

Surprisingly good to drive and power-wise not very exciting but manages to get the job done. Nice low/mid-range torque from the diesel unit. Very nice balance, takes corners very well and with a not-so-powerful engine, putting down power mid-corner does not really unsettle the car.

Ride feels slightly quieter than what i remembered from driving the Pre-LCI when it launched. Comfort access and electric seats are nice to have also after having to go without for the 1st generation 1er.

Economy wise i managed an average of about 16km/l with mostly city driving and an almost equal mix of comfort/sport modes. I think if one was to be alot more light footed, 20km/l might be possible.

I also do think it needs Sat-Nav. Cars sold in this day and age without sat-nav built in is just wrong...... urrrgh

Otherwise, with a price that just undercuts the base A-class (also no sat-nav), i think it's a pretty good option for those looking to buy in this segment. For my $$$, i'll take the this over the base A because of the slightly lower price-point and better driving dynamics.

I'll have to give the A-class the win for styling and aesthetics, but how long the Merc's bold design will last is anyone's guess. BMW's safer approach to the 1's body styling might seems slightly sedate when compared with the Merc, but i think the BMW design will endure longer when compare with the more "fashionable" A-Class.

11250084_10153043197932687_3365673626804

Hello Mockngbrd,

I'm just wondering whether you got your BMW 1 from Performance Motors and did you get the COE during your first bid?

New to getting new cars so I'm wondering how good are dealers at bidding for COE for you.

If the stock is available, Performance Motors will get the COE at first bid. Mine get it at first bid.

Before you decide which car to buy, bring the whole family for a test drive. Get each family members to vote for the best car. :)

I think BMW and Audi (do not quote me) allow you drive at both expressway and around housing estate area, even drive up HDB car park. Have a good feel of the vehicle and it performance both at high speed and normal speed of 60 km/h. I test drive both car (BMW 1 series and Audi A3) and ramp the engine to let it pick up speed.

I feel both car is good. Just for individual preference each have it merit. If you needs to carry 4 adults passenger most of the time than Audi A3 is suitable. If not, can consider BMW 1 series cause it Sheer Driving Pleasure. Lol!

Just my thought for sharing.

Thanks. Think I'm in the situation as you. lol. Will drop by the showroom soon.

If the stock is available, Performance Motors will get the COE at first bid. Mine get it at first bid.

Mine got at first bid too.. :) I am sure they have 'budget" to ensure u get it first. Because car is STOCK. They need to clear off. Unless you are saying you are ordering a config car that take months to come then COE is no hurry....

For me 120i will be sufficient. I find the m-sport package 120i suspension very stiff. Rear too bumpy. 116d suspension ok? Can fit 2 primary school kids? Can drift with 116d sport mode anot? 😁

I kind of do agree to what Davidtch said "BMW is driver's car", this is what I heard before. Only until I own the 116d, I also felt enjoyable to drive a bmw (offcourse not saying estima or rav4 no good) but the handling and drive feel is of different.

As for suspension, if you are driving mostly in Singapore. I don't think that will be an issue. probably few occasion of over the humps will make u feel the suspension is kind of stiff.

Drift? I think can just off the OSD (i think) and the CPU will not control the car when they detect swaying.... Furthermore 116d is a rear wheel drive...... though I also wish I can drift,,,, but I still prefer to enjoy my drive...

This is new model with new engine

It's clearly a facelift and not a new model. But it does look much much better than before, especially the front.

Turbocharged

It's clearly a facelift and not a new model. But it does look much much better than before, especially the front.

discerning eyes can tell that the body is almost identical, but the significant changes in the fascias and lighting clusters have really turned the ugly duckling into a good looker that stands out on its own among BMWs.

...That said, I actually don't find myself having a taste for BMW styling... except for 3GT/4GC. 5-series got ugly face and both 5&3 got roof-shape that I dunno why I cannot like...

Haha... personal taste. But the new 1-series is definitely much better looking than before, the old car got this over-sized bug-eyes look although I was OK with the rear.

• Praise 1

discerning eyes can tell that the body is almost identical, but the significant changes in the fascias and lighting clusters have really turned the ugly duckling into a good looker that stands out on its own among BMWs.

...That said, I actually don't find myself having a taste for BMW styling... except for 3GT/4GC. 5-series got ugly face and both 5&3 got roof-shape that I dunno why I cannot like...

I can offer an explanation. 5 & 3 still retains a more conventional roof-shape instead of the popular "coupe" style sloping roof-shape of recent years. Conventional roof-shape offers driver a more generous front and back road view. Whereas "coupe" style sloping roof shape, especially for back view, can at times be so limited that a reverse camera may be necessary.

Hello Mockngbrd,

Congrats on your new car. Not a bad choice i must say.

Mine? mine was T-loan.

Hi all am interested in getting the 1 2 or 3 series bmw by this cOE bidding. Anyone else interested we could try to get more freebies/ better price. pm me. Cheers

Hi all am interested in getting the 1 2 or 3 series bmw by this cOE bidding.

So you don't know what kind of car you actually want? Just that it has to be a BMW?

Narrowed down to a few. Beemer just one of them, not necessary only badge. There isn't a particular model that die die must have. 318i good for resale, 2 coupe looks good, 1 series practical for high mileage .

Hi all am interested in getting the 1 2 or 3 series bmw by this cOE bidding. Anyone else interested we could try to get more freebies/ better price. pm me. Cheers

Can like that meh? i don't think so la...is a up-market brand, if they do that, make their brand cheap leh. Just like LV bag, where got better price. To me, they seem like "ai lai mai sua" attitude.

• Praise 1

That's too narrow minded. don't see how negotiating a better deal based on volume cheapens the brand. They could give service vouchers or petrol vouchers etc. many makes do that even if no price off. Of course if sales are mega good then different story but don't think so for BM for the moment

That's too narrow minded. don't see how negotiating a better deal based on volume cheapens the brand. They could give service vouchers or petrol vouchers etc. many makes do that even if no price off. Of course if sales are mega good then different story but don't think so for BM for the moment

was only offered car mats + window tinting on the pre LC1 116i M sports.a reduction in price never came into the discussion [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1