All New BMW 1 Series

ccsgl1900

After 1 week of driving, I manage to achieve 680 km for around 47 litres of diesel.

50%-Urban 50%Expressway.

I think can achieve better mileage when the engine run in and I get use to the driving this car.

↡ Advertisement

was only offered car mats + window tinting on the pre LC1 116i M sports.a reduction in price never came into the discussion [:p]

did your M sports comes with Alcantara seat and 18" rim? 116i on 18" rim ok?

Alcantra seats and internal trim bits + front and rear bumper stuff + 17 " rims.

18" is another upgrade .and had already specked the HK sound system , so did not upgrade rims.The main reason for the M sport choice ( for me ) was the color choice available and the alcantra seats ( also comes with the sports seats for driver and front passenger ) .

Edited by shrjun

After 1 week of driving, I manage to achieve 680 km for around 47 litres of diesel.

50%-Urban 50%Expressway.

I think can achieve better mileage when the engine run in and I get use to the driving this car.

I guess your "lower" mileage is due to you "zoooooming" ,, simply cannot resist the torque .. ;)

during my drive, I noticed that when the car picked up to the speed that desired, releasing the accelerator slightly will result the km/l on dashboard to slowly go back up to 30km/l ... ;) For me, if monthly can clock around 750~800 km per tank, I am happy already.

post-150369-0-16863800-1443279720_thumb.jpg

taken off my promotional flyer..the blacked out boxes are standard with the M sport package.

I am wondering if the space in the car is big or nt?? as in the rear seats.. avg height 165-170cm, back seats can sit 2 ppl of 165-170cm? thsnks. I wanna knw about the space in the front seats too. wat about the performance on diesel cars??

Edited by Girlgirlzz

I am wondering if the space in the car is big or nt?? as in the rear seats.. avg height 165-170cm, back seats can sit 2 ppl of 165-170cm? thsnks. I wanna knw about the space in the front seats too. wat about the performance on diesel cars??

Rather than looking @ numbers, go to showroom.

The diesel is definitely sufficient road.

Turbocharged

the 1-series is known for being a cramped place to be.

diesel cars are not at all like what they used to be. But in modern day, the best are as refined as any petrol apart from the clatter you might hear when outside the car.

Do not expect them to feel like a petrol, they slog you with far more torque than any petrol can muster but will run out of horsepower after 4,000RPM due to inherently low redline of diesel.

I guess your "lower" mileage is due to you "zoooooming" ,, simply cannot resist the torque .. ;)

during my drive, I noticed that when the car picked up to the speed that desired, releasing the accelerator slightly will result the km/l on dashboard to slowly go back up to 30km/l ... ;) For me, if monthly can clock around 750~800 km per tank, I am happy already.

Thanks for the advise. I think I enjoy accelerating, haha. Will try your recommended way for this week and update you.

Just go to PM showroom to test drive. When you are buying a $130k plus car, you do not read the spec, you got to test drive and feel it and determine is this the car that are within your budget.

I do agree with bro ccsgl1900, go show room to try. When i went see car time i even set the car seat to suit me then i pop to behind driver seat to test. I am 1.81m. For me, i felt kind of small space where the legs go under the seats and you can't move much. Well when i pick a colleague of mine for lunch who is 1.83m, he purposed ask to sit behind me and told me not to adjust the seats as he wanted to feel how is it behind. He said though a bit small but still can sit lah. So you see, it really depends on individuals.

But like other bro here mentioned, if you want to get the 116d, you really have to guage you drive more or you fetch people more. If you fetch ppl more, then the 116d may not be suitable and you will keep thinking about this. For me, i do fetch my mum inlaw and 2 little kids (6yr n 4 yr) in the morning and occasionally at night. Though the car is kind of low for my inlaw to go in, but journey is pretty short so still manageable. And for the rest of the day will be me only travelling around 26km to work and home per trip. Thus, it will be an enjoyable drive for me.

I love the journey most whenever I worked late and on my way home. Simply less traffic and smooth drive all the way along kje.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I am a new 116d owner. In my car hunting, i looked at 3 comparable models....Merc A cls, BM 116d and Audi A3. my personal likes and dislikes of each of them:

116d (quoted $133,800)

LIKES -

good value due to high CEV (but also lower PARF)

good drive and FC

nice altho not super luxurious interior

electric front driver and passenger seats

ok, have to admit, the badge.....haha

DISLIKES -

limited rear legroom

sensatec (manmade leather), but can live with it

A cls (quoted $139,900)

LIKES -

better styling than 116d and A3

quite decent rear legroom

DISLIKES -

high selling price (it has the lowest OMV of 22k plus yet highest selling price)

fabric upholstery

A3 - (quoted $138,888)

LIKES -

good rear legroom

leather seats and choice of color

good value (altho price higher than 116d, OMV is also about $3k more)

DISLIKES -

no keyless entry and keyless start

no electric seats for driver

All 3 cars have no SatNav. Ultimately, I decided on the 116d, partly because my company has a corporate program with BMW which gives quite attractive benefits, like discounts, servicing package, driving experience, etc. =)

• Praise 1

I am a new 116d owner. In my car hunting, i looked at 3 comparable models....Merc A cls, BM 116d and Audi A3. my personal likes and dislikes of each of them:

116d (quoted $133,800)

LIKES -

good drive and FC

DISLIKES -

limited rear legroom

A cls (quoted $139,900)

LIKES -

DISLIKES -

high selling price (it has the lowest OMV of 22k plus yet highest selling price)

fabric upholstery

A3 - (quoted $138,888)

LIKES -

good rear legroom

DISLIKES -

All 3 cars have no SatNav. Ultimately, I decided on the 116d, partly because my company has a corporate program with BMW which gives quite attractive benefits, like discounts, servicing package, driving experience, etc. =)

Congrat! You will love it! The badge give you certain prestige.

A lot of car owner still very much afraid of shopping for a Conti car because they perceive it is expensive.

:)

Went Audi and PML just now. PML pack with customer.. The uncle SE I talked to say have 1 and only 116d, no option for m sport package.

Any bro have other SE to recommend? The one I talk to like don't want to do my business.

116d (quoted $133,800)

LIKES -

good drive and FC

DISLIKES -

limited rear legroom

A cls (quoted $139,900)

LIKES -

DISLIKES -

fabric upholstery

A3 - (quoted $138,888)

LIKES -

good rear legroom

DISLIKES -

I am deciding between A3 and 116d also. Am disappointed A3 basic doesn't have electric seats and keyless start also..

Edited by flyknit

Neutral Newbie

Congrat! You will love it! The badge give you certain prestige.

A lot of car owner still very much afraid of shopping for a Conti car because they perceive it is expensive.

:)

Tks bro. Yes, have the car for 10 days now.......and loving it.

kwpeh.. looks like we have another happy bro... and also from big company to have "corporate programs"....

Went Audi and PML just now. PML pack with customer.. The uncle SE I talked to say have 1 and only 116d, no option for m sport package.

Any bro have other SE to recommend? The one I talk to like don't want to do my business.

I am deciding between A3 and 116d also. Am disappointed A3 basic doesn't have electric seats and keyless start also..

Maybe that uncle SE hit quota liao since it is near end of the month.....

If you really interested in 116d, I can share with you my SE . he carries a "Certified Sales Consultant" to his name card... :) well not sure if all others has the same.. lol I even joke with him, i only buying a series 1, lowest and cheapest of all so I didn't expect much service. Well he said no matter how big or small the car, every buyer is still a buyer.... I guess since he was 11 years with PML, should not be that bad..... ;)

( I had no relation with him though, the most I probably will get another free cup of kopi from him the next time I go to pml... btw, he works in alexander outlet....)

Most likely need to indent and wait for 3-4 months.doubt that they have it in stock.

↡ Advertisement