All New BMW 1 Series

ccsgl1900

I am thinking of a 3 series. But since i am the only one in the car a 1series may be more practical for me.

Yup, if it fit your lifestyle n there is little need to ferry people around, it would make sense.

hahhha...wah like that a bit too much bah. :XD:

That's the only logical explanation that I can think of should a family with growing kids would choose Series 1 😜

• Praise 1

I am thinking of a 3 series. But since i am the only one in the car a 1series may be more practical for me.

The new 318 was quoted at $169800 in the 3series thread. Unless u got a family or extra cash to burn, this 1 series at $133800 shld be good as an entry level into the marquee brands though the A class at slightly more shld also be considered. However my personal pet peeve with the 1 series is that it doesn't seem proportionate to me with a very long bonnet. The A class peeve is the very upright seats for the rear passengers. To each his own I guess...

• Praise 7

3 series FL coming soon.. this 1er is FL too. They have the FL BMW X1 (SUV) coming soon too. More rugged looking.

My choice will be the 4er gran coupe :wub:

I go save up the $130k downpayment first.

3 series FL coming soon.. this 1er is FL too. They have the FL BMW X1 (SUV) coming soon too. More rugged looking.

its still the only hatch back that is rear wheel drive.

just wish they brought in the 2.0T

• Praise 1

@radx, maybe it is good idea to change the title to BMW 1 Series.

X1 is moving from E84 to F48. Not LCI lah.

Dropped by but didn't test drive.
Actual unit far cry from above photos and internal feels cheap and super cramp.
Spent only 10 mins there.

At this price, what do you expect?

The new 318 was quoted at $169800 in the 3series thread. Unless u got a family or extra cash to burn, this 1 series at $133800 shld be good as an entry level into the marquee brands though the A class at slightly more shld also be considered. However my personal pet peeve with the 1 series is that it doesn't seem proportionate to me with a very long bonnet. The A class peeve is the very upright seats for the rear passengers. To each his own I guess...

W/o long bonnet, how to fit IL6?

The only car i know could fit IL6 with shorter bonnet is Golf.

Edited by Davidtch

IL6 is in the M135i only.I like the long bonnet though - very BMW [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Whilst I do understand the need to fit IL6, aesthetically it looks lopsided on the 1 series as compared to the sedans. Without measuring the bonnet, it looks like 3/4 of the passenger compartment visually.

• Praise 7

Whilst I do understand the need to fit IL6, aesthetically it looks lopsided on the 1 series as compared to the sedans. Without measuring the bonnet, it looks like 3/4 of the passenger compartment visually.

Z4 also got very long bonnet le.

Looking at the real thing, it is at most the length of front door.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

If there is no performance spec and it states 12xx km on one tank of "fuel" highly likely to be diesel

I wonder how many will buy this over the merc or Corolla...

Dun tink someone looking to buy a corolla would hv the 1-series in his shopping list (and vice versa).

Natural competitor would b the A180 and A1.

• Praise 1

Dun tink someone looking to buy a corolla would hv the 1-series in his shopping list (and vice versa).

you would be surprised bro. who knows the SEs of these brands will tell them "20k can get conti, only plus 10k on your downpayment and $150 more on your loan monthly". god knows if that person will be sold then go back home and think about his/her finances. [bounce2]

• Praise 2

If the price is just that a bit more, why not. Thinking would be.... just pay a bit more I drive BMW !!!!!

Many people like this around. More than you and I like. But I think they are everywhere :a-shoot:

• Praise 1

Any guesstimate of the new X1 price?

Heard coming to SGP by end Sept'15...

Possible @ $170+k?

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 3

Freeder, on 04 Aug 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

Of course , I called PML but no info from them..

So seek some advice from bros here..

bro..not pouring cold water

if PML has no info..nobody else knows lol

• Praise 2

Of course , I called PML but no info from them..

So seek some advice from bros here..

I call PML and i get a SMS from 1 of the SE le.

Coming in Nov 2015.

Was at PML this noon. Went to see the 116d actually. ( they only bringing in 116d as this will keep the car under COE Cat A).

price of $133800 (included all discount liao).

Attracted by the diesel engine and higher milage actually.

If you are a tall guy like me (1.8m tall), it's true that the rear seat guy behind driver will feel kind of cramp. A little not used to the small rear view mirror, small side mirror and rear windows.

But what I like about is

1 - comes with 2 sets of Remote Car Key, each car key has it's own 2 car seat memory. Meaning whichever car key enters car, it will switch to it's memorise seat position.

2 - it is a Rear Wheel Drive

3 - comes with Run Flat Tyres

4 - 8 speed transmission

5 - few others features can not recall.

I was actually intending to look at

1 - Toyota - Prius

2 - Lexus CT Hybrid and NX Hybrid

3 - Volvo V40d and S80d

4 - BMW 116d

My conclusion is,

Lexus is too ex and CT Hybrid rear seat is just as cramp.

Volvo is quite ok, but don't like the Doors, felt heavy rather than Solid. Don't really like the Salesperson's service as well.

Prius, quite like the fuel consumption.

However, when look at BMW 116d, kind of attracted to it. Price of 116d is even cheaper than the Prius. Therefore if you ask me, with the price of $133800, I would rather choose a BMW over just a Toyota.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2