All New BMW 1 Series

ccsgl1900

indent vehicles take 3-4 months.PML does accept indents.how else do you get manual transmission vehicles/get better audio from factory/leather options/bigger rims...etc

Asked 2 other SE, seems like they really dun accept indent for 1 series so maybe just get the 'standard' version..

Any bro who collected their 116d changed their rim?

↡ Advertisement

because most SE wanted to sell you ready stock car. I initially did thought of looking for custom items but I am preferred more to get stock car. I think the rim mL offered is nice.

and my 2 cars before are also all ready stock car just get coe, register and off you go... any new owner since the recent coe price went down quite a fair bit?

Asked 2 other SE, seems like they really dun accept indent for 1 series so maybe just get the 'standard' version..

Any bro who collected their 116d changed their rim?

Ask @shrjun or @mercury1 to intro SE.

• Praise 1

Ask @shrjun or @mercury1 to intro SE.

Mine was pre LCI.who knows what is happening now [:p] .My SE was adequate not great.I had more knowledge on the car than her and she did not even try to get me into a higher series/X vehicle ( not that I was interested - but a test drive would have been nice )

Hi, need some advise from fellow 116d owners.

Got my ride 2 weeks. First tank averaged 16km/l, or close to 700km with needle pointing at 1/4 mark. Into my second tank now and also averaging about 16km/l so far. Mostly urban drive with about 30% motorway. Is this what you are seeing too? To be frank, am not so impressed with the fuel economy since this is way off from the official number of 24km/l. I drove mostly in Eco-Pro mode with the climate-control in manual since it was a little uncomfortable with Eco-Pro controlling it. With my previous Civic 1.6l auto, I could hit 15km/l if I drove like a nun.

Ride been great so far, the acceleration is quite good and impressive. Car is super smooth especially in Eco-Pro, feels like a boat that glides silently in calm water in the still of night. Been quite light-footed to avoid over revving past 3.5K rpm. Can't wait to see what it feels like when floored.

Just few days, heard a slight "clunking" noise from the rear when slowing down to 1st or 2nd gear, or when reversing. However, haven't been hearing it since yesterday...

Am worried about the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) problems that been reported online. Wonder if short commute and frequent start-stop traffics during rush hours would aggravate this filter. Anyone has knowledge or advise? Is there something that could be done to prolong the filter from failing? I don't mind going for the occasional long distance motorway drive at sustained >2K RPM to trigger the regeneration, but would like to know if anyone has any personal experiences to share on this topic.

Thinking of going for paint protection. Read about Revol and Amazing Glaze. Anyone had experience with their service and product?

Thanks!!

yappiebeemer, I think that is quite good already.

My fist 2 tank.

Comfort Mode

14/09 pump 47.39l after travelling 688km (with the compliment 1 tank from pml)

28/09 pump 47.55l after travelling 746.5km.

Not bad as that average up to around 15km/l of diesel. And also if 1 tank can tahan 2 weeks = meaning I only need to pump average 2 times per month so fuel cost to me is around $100+ only compared to previously around $380 per month for petrol.

As for my 3rd tank, so far after driving for the past 1 week, consumed around 1/3 tank and already clocking around 357km when driving under ECO PRO. So I guess I will be able to hit around 900km if near 1 tank. Shall post again when refuel for my 4th tank where I am going to try drive under Sports Mode for that full tank.

There is a bro here mentioned he clocked 950km for this 1 tank of diesel on 116d.

• Praise 1

Hi, need some advise from fellow 116d owners.

Got my ride 2 weeks. First tank averaged 16km/l, or close to 700km with needle pointing at 1/4 mark. Into my second tank now and also averaging about 16km/l so far. Mostly urban drive with about 30% motorway. Is this what you are seeing too? To be frank, am not so impressed with the fuel economy since this is way off from the official number of 24km/l. I drove mostly in Eco-Pro mode with the climate-control in manual since it was a little uncomfortable with Eco-Pro controlling it. With my previous Civic 1.6l auto, I could hit 15km/l if I drove like a nun.

Ride been great so far, the acceleration is quite good and impressive. Car is super smooth especially in Eco-Pro, feels like a boat that glides silently in calm water in the still of night. Been quite light-footed to avoid over revving past 3.5K rpm. Can't wait to see what it feels like when floored.

Just few days, heard a slight "clunking" noise from the rear when slowing down to 1st or 2nd gear, or when reversing. However, haven't been hearing it since yesterday...

Am worried about the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) problems that been reported online. Wonder if short commute and frequent start-stop traffics during rush hours would aggravate this filter. Anyone has knowledge or advise? Is there something that could be done to prolong the filter from failing? I don't mind going for the occasional long distance motorway drive at sustained >2K RPM to trigger the regeneration, but would like to know if anyone has any personal experiences to share on this topic.

Thinking of going for paint protection. Read about Revol and Amazing Glaze. Anyone had experience with their service and product?

Thanks!!

Real world FC

16km/l sounds about right. You should be able to get closer to 17~18km/l if you worked on your driving pattern (more on that below). 24km/l is close to impossible in Singapore unless you have a hybrid diesel... I'd say take the numbers on the spec with a big tablespoon of salt. Even for petrol, IIRC the quoted fuel consumption is something like 15km/l but in reality you will only average 10km/l in Singapore.

I drove a Hyundai Accent 1.6 CRDi in Turkey last year, and for almost 90% highway traffic, that car returned 10km/L which was really crap for a turbodiesel.

Driving Style

After having driven several cars I think it is NOT advisable to drive like a nun, i.e. slowly (if that was what you meant.) It does not really work. In fact, my 520d returned almost the same economy in Normal and Eco Pro mode. The art of getting good FC is to drive fast enough so that you are always in the tallest gear, and to avoid slowing down and picking up speed again. In the 116d, this would likely mean driving above 80kph, and looking far ahead to avoid traffic situations where you might need to slow down or stop.

Of course, above all, drive safely.

DPF

Don't worry about the DPF. The car will do what it needs to do to regenerate the DPF (at the expense of some fuel economy). If you drive the car enough you will know that the car is regenerating the DPF... the exhaust note will be more muted and "bassy".

Edited by Detach8
  • Praise 1

Real world FC

16km/l sounds about right. You should be able to get closer to 17~18km/l if you worked on your driving pattern (more on that below). 24km/l is close to impossible in Singapore unless you have a hybrid diesel... I'd say take the numbers on the spec with a big tablespoon of salt. Even for petrol, IIRC the quoted fuel consumption is something like 15km/l but in reality you will only average 10km/l in Singapore.

I drove a Hyundai Accent 1.6 CRDi in Turkey last year, and for almost 90% highway traffic, that car returned 10km/L which was really crap for a turbodiesel.

Driving Style

After having driven several cars I think it is NOT advisable to drive like a nun, i.e. slowly (if that was what you meant.) It does not really work. In fact, my 520d returned almost the same economy in Normal and Eco Pro mode. The art of getting good FC is to drive fast enough so that you are always in the tallest gear, and to avoid slowing down and picking up speed again. In the 116d, this would likely mean driving above 80kph, and looking far ahead to avoid traffic situations where you might need to slow down or stop.

Of course, above all, drive safely.

DPF

Don't worry about the DPF. The car will do what it needs to do to regenerate the DPF (at the expense of some fuel economy). If you drive the car enough you will know that the car is regenerating the DPF... the exhaust note will be more muted and "bassy".

Agreed, idea is to reach highest gear asap thats why i always drive so fast. Every traffic light launch. Hahaha

Btw, new x1 is in.. Go and see see look look.. Price is 186k after 5k discount.

Trust me, after awhile..u wont bother with FC liao la.. Just put sports mode and whack pls! Drive bmw people dont drive like a nun wan leh..

Agreed, idea is to reach highest gear asap thats why i always drive so fast. Every traffic light launch. Hahaha

Btw, new x1 is in.. Go and see see look look.. Price is 186k after 5k discount.

Trust me, after awhile..u wont bother with FC liao la.. Just put sports mode and whack pls! Drive bmw people dont drive like a nun wan leh..

New X1 is FWD. Boring...

• Praise 1

Normal bah, this BMW aftermarket part fixes the problem

BMW_cable_tape.gif

But this one got official part number one leh, is not aftermarket part but is BMW Official Accessory right?

• Praise 1

i read that the new X1 for X drive model, although it's is four wheel drive

90% of the time the car operate FWD mode on normal road

until it detects require power from rear wheel then it activated X-drive ... something like that

it's not a convention four wheel drive that running all the time

so is it worth the money to get X drive?

Can always indent X drive.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

How much more drag do you think a 4WD puts on to the drivetrain? The BMW also has a RWD which involves a drive shaft and a rear differential. I give you 10% more lor. even then, it still sucks in terms of FC. My Impreza is a front wheel biased AWD, and I think the split is to the tune of 80%F/20%R. In other countries, the Impreza is offered with FWD. They brought in AWD in Singapore as a sales... well... tactic. And I think a lot of Singaporeans kena bulls**tted by it. I would choose a FWD Subaru anytime in the name of FC. The basic models AWD are front-biased *anyway*. It does not improve driving dynamics and only adds weight and complexity. There's no reason to go AWD, except for if you have a WRX, then that's a different story.

AWD is meaningless in Singapore... we don't have snow. We have some ponding... I mean, rain, but that doesn't warrant the use of AWD for traction. Most conti cars have ESP these days that will handle traction in rain well enough.

BTW, not all seals are rubber... if that's what you are thinking.

BMW was early to the game in terms of advanced materials for engines. Even VW (Audi) were still using cast iron blocks back when BMW introduced magnesium alloys. There's a price to pay for being ahead of the pack...

Haha I have to chip in on Subarus.

They have their 'design features' too. Like radiators which are near guaranteed to start fizzling at between 50-80k and power steering systems which need recon/replacement before COE runs out. And for the case of the BL/BP, 101% confirmed destruction of the dashboard material even if you park the damn thing in a covered car park everyday.

On the AWD, yes there are days when I wished mine was plain RWD and gave me a bit less transmission loss. Might have thrown me backwards off the road on some occasions if it was RWD, but I'd never know.

• Praise 1

i read that the new X1 for X drive model, although it's is four wheel drive

90% of the time the car operate FWD mode on normal road

until it detects require power from rear wheel then it activated X-drive ... something like that

it's not a convention four wheel drive that running all the time

so is it worth the money to get X drive?

It is sold in version S drive & X drive. In Sg, i think only S drive which is FWD

For X drive, i think there is a permanent split & it is front biased.

is it worth it to get X drive which is front biased ... ie: front wheel spinning instead of RWD ... pure rear wheel spinning

It is sold in version S drive & X drive. In Sg, i think only S drive which is FWD

For X drive, i think there is a permanent split & it is front biased.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement