All New BMW 1 Series

ccsgl1900

You had mentioned:

“Handling is good , steering response is not as sharp but good enough for Singapore road driving.”

Is the steering hydraulically, or electrically (electro-mechanically) assisted for the new 1-er?

Should be EPS.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

You had mentioned:

âHandling is good , steering response is not as sharp but good enough for Singapore road driving.â

Is the steering hydraulically, or electrically (electro-mechanically) assisted for the new 1-er?

new cars these days still have pure hydraulic meh?

You had mentioned:

“Handling is good , steering response is not as sharp but good enough for Singapore road driving.”

close to  hydraulic assisted feeling, the steering  wheel is on the heavy side, need some effort to turn .

Neutral Newbie

hi all

can i be added to the 116d owners chat pls? 

thanks! just joined this forum and i currently drive one (:

Turbocharged

Anyone tested the new 118i? Is it a good ride and how's the pricing like? List price of 148k is definitely too high...

• Praise 1

Anyone tested the new 118i? Is it a good ride and how's the pricing like? List price of 148k is definitely too high...

Why do you think is too high?

Someone posted 2 weeks back pricing at 125k , quick quick buy, comparing to 116d, yes lower torque but the higher power over longer rpm range will make the car with more faster speed pickup , can drag gear to higher rpm, more fun to drive and better expressway cruising experience at high speed .

• Praise 1

The equivalent 116i ( N13 engine ) from 2014 was selling for 154k.But COE at that time 70-75k! :blink:

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The equivalent 116i ( N13 engine ) from 2014 was selling for 154k.But COE at that time 70-75k! :blink:

With COE at 40k now, it should be 20k cheaper after accounting for VES.

hi all, 

considering m135i 2nd hand about 5 years. any thing i should look out for. depre $15810. omv 41308. coe 79k(wow).

or better alternatives. new kia stinger 3.3 v6 is about 200k 

• Praise 1

hi all,

considering m135i 2nd hand about 5 years. any thing i should look out for. depre $15810. omv 41308. coe 79k(wow).

I think the Passion of liking a car is more important than pure yearly depreciation .

You should go test drive the car to get a feel of it .

For performance car , most will modify the car for even higher power output , this will accelerate the aging process,

5 years old is a point of wear and tear start kicking in, be prepared to dump some money to fix it, don't spend money and give up within the first year and the next owner will enjoy it with your subsidy.

No comments on Kia stinger .

• Praise 1

Do we need to stamp the accelerator hard in order to push the button ?

I did floor but not stepping down with force.

Now I use the sport/manual mode, push the shift stick to left and jab the throttle to maintain at 2000-3000 to get good torque.

Ya step all the way down, then there is another button to push in.

Hi How to join the Whatapp group? Thanks

flyknit msg with hp number

hi all, 

If you're happy with the condition of the M135i and equipment levels why not  [:)] .

is there a bmw 116d or 1 series watsapp group?

as above..msg with hp

to those more exp bros, my first time owning conti car. so SE told me servicing is at 12k and to follow the on board computer prompt and instructions. now at 4k mileage, the prompt still say 11k more to servicing or at 04/2019 (collected in 04/2018). 

does it mean servicing is now delayed to 15k instead or i should still send in at 12k?

• Praise 1

to those more exp bros, my first time owning conti car. so SE told me servicing is at 12k and to follow the on board computer prompt and instructions. now at 4k mileage, the prompt still say 11k more to servicing or at 04/2019 (collected in 04/2018). 

does it mean servicing is now delayed to 15k instead or i should still send in at 12k?

its only a count down reminder, servicing still at 12k, once you are closer to the 12k mileage, PML will call u

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1