Peugeot 5008

Csc2015

This 5008 is good both interior and exterior with some minor misses...

The drive is or rather the ETG, what can i say, really a hurdle to get over.

I assume it is outdated technology!

For ETG, no need to assume. It is confirm a outdated technology.

In Europe, they are mainly using the 6 speed manual which is very nice.

I drove the 3008 diesel with 6 speed manual in Germany, the combination was perfect.

↡ Advertisement

hello... so u got ur car alr?? arrive alr?

Hmm, u took up loan for this car or u paid full amount upfront?? guaranteed coe or? hw many bids?

Got it at first bid beg of Aug with non guarantee package and collected my car end of Aug. So far so good, still very happy with my decision to get Peugeot 5008.

I quite like the latest 5008. selling about $128k

pros

nice interior, leather seats and all.

spacey, can stow the seats. 

panoramic roof

good handling

diesel (this point can be consider bad too)

heads up display

cons

more effort to keep the seats compared to say, Mitsubishi outlander?

back of the seat not recommended for people over 1.65 in height? I'm 1.76m, so definitely a no no for me 

engine response not as good as petrol. (slower response)

the car gear box is semi automatic and not as not as responsive a fully automatic gearbox. will need some getting use to drive.

I dont owe this ride, but i have test drive in one, this year 2015 OCT. 

2.5 months after collecting the car, still very very happy with my decision. If I were to choose to buy a car all over again, I will still go for this.

Good power on the road except uphill but once use paddle shift, it is ok.

Still getting use to using HU, sometimes cannot locate some location.

Every time, when we fill up the fuel tank, have a satisfied feeling for paying lesser with bigger mileage.

If maintenance is ok eventually, then it is really worth considering given the savings and the safety and powerful drive with a conti car.

SE still provides very good after-sale service.

Hi all, I've just booked the 5008 and hope to get before end year.

Took me a while to decide. Started with the Grand Picasso, then Zafira, 5008 and finally Grand Scenic. 

After comparison and eliminating the rest, it was neck to neck between the latest Grand Scenic and the slightly outdated 5008 (new model BlueHDi coming in 2nd Q 2016).

GS:

New design, fiercer look, 17" black rims, LOADS of storage space (17 in total) and slightly more boot space with 3rd row up (can fit 2 cabin luggage bags between 3rd row seats and boot door).

5008:

More executive, serious look, interior finishing quality is very high, firmer drive. ETG 1st-3rd gear drive is a little weird and could take getting used to (I toggled to manual drive and used the paddle shifters)

I eventually went with the 5008 because the sales agent was upfront about many things e.g. I may have bought an "outgoing model" but the new model will require more maintenance (additive needed every 10k km for BlueHDi much like Grand Picasso) and they sold 30-40 MPVs a month, compared to Renault's 1-5 MPVs a month. FYI Citroen outsold everyone with 60 MPVs a month.

Also I felt the drive more firm and less "rolling" compared to the GS.

One other thing which pissed me off, was Renault giving me a "valid until end of day only" offer (I test drove the car at lunch time).

:p

Edited by Oshioyi
  • Praise 2

good choice

the bluehdi is just a upgraded revised ver of the older ehdi with the SCR system strap in

its good and really lower emissions only if u got do a lot of highway, and to qualify for a lot highway in sg is really hard, we are talking continuous 40 mins at above 70 km/h here

the other big diff is that it still is on the old Platform 2 which is relatively well proven, but just a little more "weight" than the new EMP2 that the new GP is on

but then citroen is always geared towards technology and try out the new goodies first while Pug is more slower to adopt

Edited by Furrynadz

Neutral Newbie

Is it insane to sell my car now? My mil moved out taking along the maid. Long story. Now, only left three of us so no need for MPV so looking to downgrade la. Registered in Nov 2014. 

Is it insane to sell my car now? My mil moved out taking along the maid. Long story. Now, only left three of us so no need for MPV so looking to downgrade la. Registered in Nov 2014. 

waaaaa...... coe just went down 10k and you wanna sell?

how much are you looking at?

how much will the dealer take in?

I'm looking at the 2nd hand 3008 1.6 turco. Any issue with this type of veh and engine??

Just note that you are getting an european make.

best to get a mechanic to go through it. if got fault and not found out, will not be a cheap problem. 

if you cannot tahan the maintenance best dont buy.

I'm looking at the 2nd hand 3008 1.6 turco. Any issue with this type of veh and engine??

My friend had a 3008... Problematic car, spent a fair bit of time in WS and had many parts changed. Cannot tahan and he sold off the car just recently.

Perhaps he got unlucky... Anyway, if reliability is your main priority, avoid French.

Edited by Holdenutessv
  • Praise 4

Generally, I test drove before.

Aircon is weaker than most Jap makes.

But good thing is rear air comes with fan speed regulator. Thus, should be better.

3rd row, nothing there.

For 5008, is aircon strong enough to cool pax at the back?

Generally, I test drove before.

Aircon is weaker than most Jap makes.

But good thing is rear air comes with fan speed regulator. Thus, should be better.

3rd row, nothing there.

Bro, how is your experience with respect to reliabilty and maintenance, of owning the citroen grand picasso?

Bro, how is your experience with respect to reliabilty and maintenance, of owning the citroen grand picasso?

bro, no go lah. don't even think about it  [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

waaaaa...... coe just went down 10k and you wanna sell?

how much are you looking at?

how much will the dealer take in?

Dealers from various car makes quoted a wide range. Guess it's too new so nothing to benchmark. Looking to downgrade lor since coe dropped. Did calculations I would still fork out less if I were to downgrade now and pay for five years than continue with 5008 for another four years.

Anyway, I think 5008 quite good la. Spacious. But really too spacious for three persons. Haha...

mind telling me which are the 3008 that got issue that are in the market selling, so i can avoid. :)  

e.g Month / year...? 

↡ Advertisement