Peugeot 5008

Csc2015

Dealers from various car makes quoted a wide range. Guess it's too new so nothing to benchmark. Looking to downgrade lor since coe dropped. Did calculations I would still fork out less if I were to downgrade now and pay for five years than continue with 5008 for another four years.

Anyway, I think 5008 quite good la. Spacious. But really too spacious for three persons. Haha...

new price around $120k after discounts.

whats the highest you got a quote for?

I might be keen if it's good enough offer, and hopefully  somewhat higher than those car dealers.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all.

I got a new 5008 1.6L Diesel end December, so here's some personal opinions. My previous car was a MB C180 (I am comparing some stuff to the previous car).

Drive:

Yes, as many have mentioned, you will need to get used to it, especially gears 1-3. After 4th gear it's pretty torquey and honestly, the car is so stable, sometimes I don't notice that I exceeded speed limit and have to remind myself to be light on the accel.

But after driving for 2-3 weeks, have gotten used to the 1-3 gear pick up and if you want to reduce the "jerk", just lift your foot off the accel just before it switches gears. Difficult to describe but when you drive it you will know what I mean.

Alternatively (more fun IMHO) is to drive Manual mode, and use the paddle shifters to go 1-3rd gear then switch to Auto for the rest. The car is punchier this way.

One "Big" problem for me, being an ex MB driver, is the roll back of the car. My MB never rolled back, despite slope or no slope, on Drive mode. The 5008 on a > 15 degrees slope will have anti roll assist for 2 seconds, then it will start rolling back. And if it is a slight slope, the moment you lift off the brakes, it will roll back so have to quickly press accel to move forward - much like a manual car. I'm not sure about other Auto cars but this is quite irritating. So to overcome this, because it has auto-parking-brake, I will put my car into parking mode, at any slope, just so that I can "lift off" smoothly and not roll back. The car auto-releases parking brake once you accel.

FC:

So far, I've done about 700km on a $55 Caltex full tank. That's like 1/3 what I used to pay for my C180 1.8L Petrol. I've read of 5008 drivers getting 800-900km on a full tank. 

Aircon:

Not sure why I read some complaints about it, but to me the AC is pretty cold. The sales agent advised me to keep it on Auto and adjust the temperature to 22, but I still find it cold or normal days, and have to adjust fan speed to about 50% speed. 2nd row aircon is a little noisy on high setting (the outlet is just behind front passenger left / driver on the right - air flow speed can adjust individually) so I usually set at halfway also.

Interior:

Pretty awesome. I had assumed that it has lesser storage compartments (the glove compartment is pathetic) but I was surprised when I moved everything from my old car to the 5008. The side door storage is quite big and so is the centre console storage.

FInishing is really high quality, and seats feel similar to the MB. This was one of the big reasons why I ended up buying the 5008 after comparing with Citroen C4GP and Renault Grand Scenic. The 5008 feels more expensive and less "plastic" compared to the other 2 MPVs.

I love the 2nd row lock which locks BOTH rear windows and doors (I have 2 kids) and it is controlled by driver side window buttons. 

I hate the auto dimming rear view mirror. Sometimes you can't see drivers without headlights on at night or motorcyclists. I put a sticker to block the light sensor. Same on my Mercs. I don't see how that is considered a safety feature.

Exterior:

Well i don't think it will turn heads LOL - looks wise, I think the Grand Scenic is fiercer. I also noticed the car alternates between plastic and metal panels for exterior. This is new to me as my C180 was all metal (except the bumpers). Perhaps to keep weight down I guess.

In Summary:

I miss my Mercs but I love how spacious the 5008 is, especially 2nd row and surprisingly 3rd row fits 2 adults comfortably. The boot is HUGE!

• Praise 6

5mths on....done my 1st servicing free except to take up the option of a bundle oil change at $152.

Still very glad with the car so far and really enjoy the power of a turbo car with the monthly fuel bill cut by 60 -70% and the spaciousness of the car too.

No complaint....so far so good :)

• Praise 3

5mths on....done my 1st servicing free except to take up the option of a bundle oil change at $152.

Still very glad with the car so far and really enjoy the power of a turbo car with the monthly fuel bill cut by 60 -70% and the spaciousness of the car too.

No complaint....so far so good :)

How Long did servicing take and what was included in the "bundle" or rather "extras" since service contract was parts and labour FOC right.

yes agreed. I'm doing $50 for around 700km.

oil change interval is 10k?

try to shorten the interval and use good low saps oils

change atf every 30k (no idea what autofrance prescribes)

other that that not much, its not the problematic prince engine, gearbox is fine

just watch out for electronics which are not french strong points

• Praise 2

@furrynadz

hello! planning to buy 308sw, any comments or advice? thanks!

Go For It, test drive it and Love it yourself...

I am 2 weeks owner of 308sw...and everyday I drive with thrill and pleasure and enjoyment [laugh]

although there is quite many negative feedback about the Pug brand...

for me, I will cross finger and pray for the good reliability...

but whom know, if to drive car, there is bound to have maintenance...I just take the gamble on pug.

oil change interval is 10k?

try to shorten the interval and use good low saps oils

change atf every 30k (no idea what autofrance prescribes)

other that that not much, its not the problematic prince engine, gearbox is fine

just watch out for electronics which are not french strong points

@furrynadz

What brands are considered good? Big names like castrol? Mobil? Shell? Idemitsu?

French car makan French oil - Total / Elf. :D If not, car may be totalled.

@furrynadz

What brands are considered good? Big names like castrol? Mobil? Shell? Idemitsu?

Edited by Kangadrool

French car makan French oil - Total / Elf. :D If not, car may be totalled.

Ahhh... Many thanks!

By the way I paid the deposit. Looking at Autofrance's records, pretty sure we'll get the COE.

Hello 5008 owners

Perhaps like most of you here, my wife and I (and baby too, parents and helper) now stumbled between the choice of 5008, C4GP, and the Scenic. Autofrance offers the highest COE rebate level at $38K (Cycle @ $35K and, Wearnes @ $36K).

I am surprised that 5008 doesn't come with keyless entry and start/stop button.

Would like to know if there is a goof SE to recommend if we so decide to pick up the 5008.

Thanks folks!

• Praise 1

Hello 5008 owners

Perhaps like most of you here, my wife and I (and baby too, parents and helper) now stumbled between the choice of 5008, C4GP, and the Scenic. Autofrance offers the highest COE rebate level at $38K (Cycle @ $35K and, Wearnes @ $36K).

Would like to know if there is a goof SE to recommend if we so decide to pick up the 5008.

Thanks folks!

Hi @Jaris32,

I just bought my 308 SW from Andrew Koh. I find him sincere and most importantly he didn't bulls**t me.

Please PM me if you need his number.

• Praise 1

Hello 5008 owners

Thanks folks!

wow, you seem locked in to French MPVs.

French car makan French oil - Total / Elf. :D If not, car may be totalled.

You may be surprised that the AD is using Shell Helix

• Praise 1

Have PM you. My posts is here. http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2699731-peugeot-5008/?p=5696523

Hello 5008 owners

Thanks folks!

• Praise 1

Hello 5008 owners

Thanks folks!

I bought mine from Zann in Aug 15, she is professional and now six months on, still provides good after sale service. PM me if you want her number.

• Praise 1

I bought mine from Zann in Aug 15, she is professional and now six months on, still provides good after sale service. PM me if you want her number.

Thank you peeps for your comments! hope to be part of 5008 and owner of a Peugeot soon.
↡ Advertisement