Peugeot 5008

Csc2015

Supersonic

No resale value....

People buy car not just looking at resale value.  [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

Went for test drive 1.6L 5008 Allure last week. Must say I’m impressed as compared to my current 2015 2.4L Outlander as well as other 7-seaters which I test drive recently e.g. X-Trail, 2.0L Outlander, Santa Fe, etc. Really considering getting one & trading my Super high COE 2015 Outlander.

12 minutes ago, Wondertree said:

Don't bother. They only brought in 1.2L variant which has less horses than a honda fit and is slower than most passenger cars on the road..

But then again how many big cars can get Cat A coe?

Most drivers I see dont drive fast. They just want a good deal rather than a fast car.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Most drivers I see dont drive fast. They just want a good deal rather than a fast car.

Somewgta agree

Cant go fast in sg also

As long as looks okie, price decent then we good to roll 

11 hours ago, Wondertree said:

Don't bother. They only brought in 1.2L variant which has less horses than a honda fit and is slower than most passenger cars on the road..

Your honda fit got VTEC is it? 

The 3cyl turbo is fine. it has 20% more power than the similar size BMW 2GT.

Edited by Ngbernie

12 hours ago, Watwheels said:

My car not fast too but 90% I am the first one to spring off and leaves everyone behind me with soot and smoke dust. 

Then I realize it is because 90% drivers are tardy when the lights is green. 

• Praise 1

On 2/20/2021 at 11:08 AM, Ngbernie said:

Your honda fit got VTEC is it? 

The 3cyl turbo is fine. it has 20% more power than the similar size BMW 2GT.

Test drove both 1.2 and 1.6 last year. As it was a quiet Sun morning the sales guy was kind enough to allow me to spin them on AYE. Man, the difference between 1.2 and 1.6.. almost pulled trigger but damn they sold out 1.6 and only test drive unit left.

General question, how is the reliability of Peugeots nowadays? My friend looking to get an SUV and is considering my MG HS but i also trying to find some options for him below $120k such as 3008 and CX-30 to consider.

My bro owns a pug 3008 and almost after 5 yrs, some non wear and tear parts needed to change and AD did it at no cost. No question asked even though he was prepared to pay for it. 

No issue with other hardwares during the 5 yrs ownership. 1.2 Puretech is indeed a reliable unit. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

General question, how is the reliability of Peugeots nowadays? My friend looking to get an SUV and is considering my MG HS but i also trying to find some options for him below $120k such as 3008 and CX-30 to consider.

I rather go for the MG

They really give a lot of metal and features for the price

The factory (SAIC) is one of the biggest car assemblers in China - think they make VW and GM cars for China market.

40 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

I rather go for the MG

They really give a lot of metal and features for the price

The factory (SAIC) is one of the biggest car assemblers in China - think they make VW and GM cars for China market.

Haha, yes,i am one of the first MG owners here so i know how good it is but i am trying to be objective since he seek my advice. So i am looking at other options in the $100 - $120k range. He was looking at Yaris Cross and Vezel. I intend to ask him to consider lower FC cars with petrol situation being as they are such as Kicks e-power or small engine turbos like 3008. 

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

My bro owns a pug 3008 and almost after 5 yrs, some non wear and tear parts needed to change and AD did it at no cost. No question asked even though he was prepared to pay for it. 

No issue with other hardwares during the 5 yrs ownership. 1.2 Puretech is indeed a reliable unit. 

Wow sounds encouraging 🙂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1