New Jaguar CX 17

TanSoonHuat

(edited)

Am also looking to get an SUV next year.  Been noticing all the manufacturers are coming into this segment...great!

Frankly the F-pace looks boxy, but bigger though.  A hiadee of mine also shopping SUV, couldn't wait and went for the Macan 2.0L.  For those who are shopping, do take note that the prices of Macans are base price and a very basic car, excluding COE.  Add in the whistles n bells, another $50 to 60k more.  Dunno about Jaguar though.

I asked the Stuggart SE how many Macans sold to date since its launch 2 years ago>>>600 units!  Now that puts many people off.  Every carpark is gonna have a black or white or blue Macan/Macan-S.  Maybe I have to relook the F-pace [:p] or consider the higher GTS Macan or Turbo Macan?  The later seems a bit close in pricing to Cayenne territory.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
↡ Advertisement

But basic porsche macan cost about 230k without coe, no memory sit still need to opt end up also cost about 280k or more that why higher luxury suv hahaXD

How about Land Rover Evoque?? Can compare already??  

Agreed Base Macan is too bare to be considered as higher luxury SUV but I'm coming from price point of view and hence the categorization of Macan as a Higher luxury SUV.

Precisely it's this reason that I find it hard to accept the F pace being compared to the Jag as the Jag is cheaper and have more features and hence don't quite follow why quite a few forumers have mentioned that they will take the Porsche over the Jag.

Yes I think Evoque can be compared to F Pace. In fact, it's a direct competitor!

Based on our fondness for brands, guess the Jaguar is more branded?

• Praise 4

Agreed Base Macan is too bare to be considered as higher luxury SUV but I'm coming from price point of view and hence the categorization of Macan as a Higher luxury SUV.

Precisely it's this reason that I find it hard to accept the F pace being compared to the Jag as the Jag is cheaper and have more features and hence don't quite follow why quite a few forumers have mentioned that they will take the Porsche over the Jag.

Yes I think Evoque can be compared to F Pace. In fact, it's a direct competitor!

Based on our fondness for brands, guess the Jaguar is more branded?

Depend ones, 

if you wish for off road get Land rover much better. If you more on road get Jag. 

Can't wait for the Porsche Macan to drop the price, so I buy it hahaXD.. But quite a lot people sell away 3L version one ley?? Hmm.. Sgcarmart have alot..

• Praise 1

(edited)

Am also looking to get an SUV next year.  Been noticing all the manufacturers are coming into this segment...great!

I asked the Stuggart SE how many Macans sold to date since its launch 2 years ago>>>600 units!  Now that puts many people off.  Every carpark is gonna have a black or white or blue Macan/Macan-S.  Maybe I have to relook the F-pace [:p] or consider the higher GTS Macan or Turbo Macan?  The later seems a bit close in pricing to Cayenne territory.

I think 600 is a realistic number ... everyday I drive down Raffles Place sure see min 2-3 on the roads, after work, expressway, another 2-3 bare min...

600 is not a "big number " compared to Honda Vezel, but in the "atas luxury segment" it is quite a lot ... and the numbers on the roads does tell you how popular it is ... (& also confidence of the build quality, brand etc)

Edited by rickosw

thanks. 

Interesting why porsche doesnt list prices with COE. 

Anyone knows the reason? 

280k+ is ok for Macan 2.0 base. 

Understand why pple would go for macan instead haha

I once asked this same question to a Porky SE, the reply is that people who is willingly to buy a Porky is not concern by COE ..cocky & KL as it seems but I can see the angle where he is coming from .. Porky Brand is not the same as your mass market B&B

just like Rolls Royce review, which a AMDK wrote, if you are able to buy a RR, you will not be asking about how much the extra options cost, you just worry about the exotic and custom colour / material combination and order and (wont be concern about the cost )... same theory

2 cents..

can share, what extra goodies Macan can throw in over 718?

thanks

Sorry bro, do not want to anyhow give wrong information. Better to ask SA regarding the 718 boxster and 718 cayman standard features.

Quite sure between the boxster and cayman already big difference.

The XE price came down quite abit after awhile so probably some buyers thinking along the same lines for this F pace?

I think it's a good car and don't quite agree with the comparison to the Macan as that is a different category altogether at least price wise.

The way how Jag is marketing the F pace as a "sporty" SUV  will inevitably draw comparison between the two. They even kind of acknowledge that it is suppose to compete with the Macan.

There were many reports of Jaguar engineers being allegedly sent back to the drawing board in 2014 after Porsche released the macan.
If they weren't competing with Porky why do that?

But i do agree, as much as pricing is a concern these two cars are in a different league.

For those interested :

2.0 F-Pace, acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h  8.7 secs ( top speed: 208 km/h )
2.0 Macan, acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h  6.7 secs ( top speed: 229 km/h )
Both 4 cylinder in-line Turbocharged.

In the end, it is up to the buyer to decide if it is worth to pay so much more and whether pocket deep enough.

I think 600 is a realistic number ... everyday I drive down Raffles Place sure see min 2-3 on the roads, after work, expressway, another 2-3 bare min...

600 is not a "big number " compared to Honda Vezel, but in the "atas luxury segment" it is quite a lot ... and the numbers on the roads does tell you how popular it is ... (& also confidence of the build quality, brand etc)

Think Macan is the "cheapest" Porsche available and it thus became attainable for those aspiring for one and being a 4 door, it manage to sell well.

Similarly, the BMW 216 Gran Tourer also made BMW attainable to more buyers which would otherwise be a pipe dream for the average buyer. Branded cars remain many a Singaporean's aspiration. Whilst I'm not really surprise to see Macan selling well, 600 is a BIG no. by luxury car standards!! [thumbsup]

• Praise 4

(edited)

Think Macan is the "cheapest" Porsche available and it thus became attainable for those aspiring for one and being a 4 door, it manage to sell well.

Similarly, the BMW 216 Gran Tourer also made BMW attainable to more buyers which would otherwise be a pipe dream for the average buyer. Branded cars remain many a Singaporean's aspiration. Whilst I'm not really surprise to see Macan selling well, 600 is a BIG no. by luxury car standards!! [thumbsup]

Cheapest =/= cheap

Shows that rich people aplenty in Singapore la  [laugh] close to 300k and above sell like hot cakes.

Porky cars sells itself no need much marketing. The brand itself in Singapore is enough.

But yeah, it being a 4 door porky do help with the numbers.

Adding 30k+ to Macan can get you the Boxster am sure people paying for Macan can afford but we dont see as many on the road.

Edited by Atachi

Sorry bro, do not want to anyhow give wrong information. Better to ask SA regarding the 718 boxster and 718 cayman standard features.

The way how Jag is marketing the F pace as a "sporty" SUV will inevitably draw comparison between the two. They even kind of acknowledge that it is suppose to compete with the Macan.

There were many reports of Jaguar engineers being allegedly sent back to the drawing board in 2014 after Porsche released the macan.

But i do agree, as much as pricing is a concern these two cars are in a different league.

For those interested :

2.0 F-Pace, acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h 8

.7 secs ( top speed: 208 km/h )

2.0 Macan, acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h

6.7 secs

( top speed: 229 km/h )

Both

4 cylinder in-line Turbocharged.

In the end, it is up to the buyer to decide if it is worth to pay so much more and whether pocket deep enough.

Test drive the F Pace 3L supercharged (380). The drive was "wow" and 0-100 is below 6sec.

Depend ones, 

if you wish for off road get Land rover much better. If you more on road get Jag. 

Can't wait for the Porsche Macan to drop the price, so I buy it hahaXD.. But quite a lot people sell away 3L version one ley?? Hmm.. Sgcarmart have alot..

I check the selling price in sgcarmart for macan..

Crazy price they are asking for preowned.

Might as well buy brand new

The way how Jag is marketing the F pace as a "sporty" SUV  will inevitably draw comparison between the two. They even kind of acknowledge that it is suppose to compete with the Macan.

For those interested :

2.0 F-Pace, acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h  8.7 secs ( top speed: 208 km/h )
2.0 Macan, acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h  6.7 secs ( top speed: 229 km/h )
Both 4 cylinder in-line Turbocharged.

In the end, it is up to the buyer to decide if it is worth to pay so much more and whether pocket deep enough.

diesel vs petrol LOL.. 

I check the selling price in sgcarmart for macan..

Crazy price they are asking for preowned.

Might as well buy brand new

True true, the pre own one still so ex some more.. 

Test drive the F Pace 3L supercharged (380). The drive was "wow" and 0-100 is below 6sec.

Yeah super fast indeed. But if you want to compare base on engine displacement, the 3.0 Macan does 0 - 100 in 5.4s.

I have mentioned in an earlier post, those likely to compare to the F-Pace to the Macan will be those buying the 3L Variant of the F pace.

Means, most likely giving up "better equipped" and bigger displacement for a 2.0 Porky ( adds up to roughly same price ).

Both are good cars.

diesel vs petrol LOL.. 

Yeah, the Jag is a Diesel they don't have a 2.0 petrol variant for comparison.

Yeah, the Jag is a Diesel they don't have a 2.0 petrol variant for comparison.

Bro they have it but not available for SG market haha..  

Bro they have it but not available for SG market haha..  

Thanks for informing, any idea whats the model number for the 2.0L Petrol F-Pace variant? 

Tried looking for it in different countries brochure but keep ending up with 2.0D.