New Jaguar CX 17

TanSoonHuat

Don't be taken away by the list price for the Macan 2.0 model, at least have to prepare abt 20-30k in options to be able to have basic luxuries for the car (eg. Leather seats, passenger seats 8 way memory, reverse camera, rear Aircon etc.)

Macan only comes in white or black non-metallic paint. Changing to metallic shiny paint which is better in quality for Singapore climate or even to another color will set you back another 3.8-10k depending on what color you choose.

That said, after today's COE will probably set you back minimum 310-320k for a base Macan. So do be do be prepared for that.

So, you'll be better off with a Jag with a 3.0 super charged engine and still have spare change to mod if after purchase (eg. Rims, etc).

Edited by Glxfan
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

320k? Add some more coins, you can get Macan S!

Don't be taken away by the list price for the Macan 2.0 model, at least have to prepare abt 20-30k in options to be able to have basic luxuries for the car (eg. Leather seats, passenger seats 8 way memory, reverse camera, rear Aircon etc.)

Macan only comes in white or black non-metallic paint. Changing to metallic shiny paint which is better in quality for Singapore climate or even to another color will set you back another 3.8-10k depending on what color you choose.

That said, after today's COE will probably set you back minimum 310-320k for a base Macan. So do be do be prepared for that.

So, you'll be better off with a Jag with a 3.0 super charged engine and still have spare change to mod if after purchase (eg. Rims, etc).

Bro steptronic could you advise how you manage to get 320k for Macan S? thanks

I think macan S is ard 330.

a anyway.

is hard not to compare Fpace and macan.

and, it is quite a dilemma to choose either 1.

given the fact that singaporean like face value, macan will win by a certain percentage.

Wao chill bro, just wondering how you gotten such a good deal for the Macan S, because I'm sure there's going to be more options to be added and could easily reach close to 350-360k.

All the best for your car hunting and enjoy the process bro Ttl1976!

F-Pace is a diesel engine after 5 year will give you a lot problem. Plus some more u not able to drive in to Malaysia for a long run.. because malaysia diesel some got water.

F-Pace is a diesel engine after 5 year will give you a lot problem. Plus some more u not able to drive in to Malaysia for a long run.. because malaysia diesel some got water.

diesel engine give lot of problem after 5 year.. where u read from ?

malaysia diesel some got water, where u read from ?

i have been pumping bhp diesel euro 5.. no issue...

• Praise 1

diesel engine give lot of problem after 5 year.. where u read from ?

malaysia diesel some got water, where u read from ?

i have been pumping bhp diesel euro 5.. no issue...

Never read from experience from.

Jaguar SE ownself say only can pump bhp petrol or Petronas diesel. .

Never read from experience from.

Jaguar SE ownself say only can pump bhp petrol or Petronas diesel. .

oic.. mine diesel not there yet.. ok

Only can pump Euro 5 diesel in malaysia..so far only bhp, petronas and shell have it

If u keep going malaysia and pump.. please change your oil filter every few month. Better for you.

oic.. thanks for the advice..

only pump when i go in .

most of the time.. Singapore pump at smart energy at serangoon north. 

25% discount.. ..

oic.. thanks for the advice..

only pump when i go in .

most of the time.. Singapore pump at smart energy at serangoon north. 

25% discount.. ..

How you get 25 percent discount?? my was like 18 percent only..

Ok after my first '"failed" attempt at the Porsche Centre Singapore in a formal office attire, I plucked up some courage to step in again on a lazy Saturday in UniQLo tee and berms and sketchers. haha. 

Was self-helping to the Macan in the showroom, initially un-noticed by any sales person or even the reception. 

A nice and professional guy sales exec came along shortly, asked how he can help. Intro-ed me to the Porsche brand and the Macan; and offered me a test-drive to feel the car for myself. 

We went for a nice good spin.

Came back, he explained to me all the specs of the standard base 2.0 Macan; am only interested  in that la, for now. haha. 

He walked me out at the end of the session and welcomed me back anytime for another few rounds of test and with my wife. He was warm, sincere and non pushy.

The Macan 2.0 was: 

- IMO, far from bare-bones as my initial impression was. I always thought the car is so freaking bare you have to spec it up and boom the price goes to heaven; and after you add the COE, you reach the highest level of heaven. The standard spec sheet was 2 pages long. What the F-Pace diesel 2.0 has, it has almost everything, mind you, even factory fitted GPS, TMPS. Whatever the F-Pace 3.0 has, it has, safe for the pano roof. Maybe the only thing the Macan doesn't have is the active key. But for sloughs like myself who are far from active, I dont give a damn; onky keyless start and entry matters. The test car Macan didnt have but the customer cars will have. 

- Ok so the sales guy explained to me why no COE included. Apparently that's Porsche global way of selling the car. They sell the car and add on whatever else; unfortunately in SG, one of the whatever is a useless piece of invisible certificate. haha. but it's great to know the price is around the F-Pace 3.0. (cheers to not more than 300k).

- Drive and power. Speechless. I forgot how the F-Pace 2.0 diesel drove, suddenly. Maybe I recalled that the 3.0 was nice, somewhat. Sorry fellow enthusiasts, am just your average, easier to please driver, comparing standard car to car drives. 

- Test car comes with Active Exhaust and Matte Black Quad Pipes - So addictive. :(

- Interior build, finishing and quality: You know you are in a Porsche. It's not loud but's special. Felt somewhat XE-ish in the F-Pace; thou' the door panels are completely different and the side grab handles set it apart from the XE. Porsche definitely ahead in this aspect. 

- 5 year warranty and maintenance programme. Peace of mind for 5 years, including wear and tear, save for tyres. So I can be assured that no more money would be flowing out from crazy, costly, repair and maintenance bills - Just make sure to save enough during these 5 years to change to another Porsche when the warranty and maintenance programme expires. 

Pardon me, am not saying the F-Pace is a bad car; it is in its own respect a great car; it's also a slightly bigger car than the Macan. The base F-Pace Diesel is a good 40k+ cheaper than the base Macan, also. But I feel that Jaguar needs to bring the coming Ingenium Petrol 2.0 very soon to give this Porky a good run for it. Diesel will significantly limit its appeal in a petrol-minded SG. 

If your are in the market for the F-Pace, you cannot buy it without having a look at the Macan. 

Ok, my bank account is doomed and am finished,

I am completely sold to Porsche, and the Macan.  :wub: 

Returning to Porsche with a cheque book soon. 

Signing off with one of the best views, money can buy. 

post-148885-0-10387600-1471739639_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ahboy86
  • Praise 5

Supercharged

Ok after my first '"failed" attempt at the Porsche Centre Singapore in a formal office attire, I plucked up some courage to step in again on a lazy Saturday in UniQLo tee and berms and sketchers. haha. 

Was self-helping to the Macan in the showroom, initially un-noticed by any sales person or even the reception. 

A nice and professional guy sales exec came along shortly, asked how he can help. Intro-ed me to the Porsche brand and the Macan; and offered me a test-drive to feel the car for myself. 

We went for a nice good spin.

Came back, he explained to me all the specs of the standard base 2.0 Macan; am only interested  in that la, for now. haha. 

He walked me out at the end of the session and welcomed me back anytime for another few rounds of test and with my wife. He was warm, sincere and non pushy.

The Macan 2.0 was: 

- IMO, far from bare-bones as my initial impression was. I always thought the car is so freaking bare you have to spec it up and boom the price goes to heaven; and after you add the COE, you reach the highest level of heaven. The standard spec sheet was 2 pages long. What the F-Pace diesel 2.0 has, it has almost everything, mind you, even factory fitted GPS, TMPS. Whatever the F-Pace 3.0 has, it has, safe for the pano roof. Maybe the only thing the Macan doesn't have is the active key. But for sloughs like myself who are far from active, I dont give a damn; onky keyless start and entry matters. The test car Macan didnt have but the customer cars will have. 

- Ok so the sales guy explained to me why no COE included. Apparently that's Porsche global way of selling the car. They sell the car and add on whatever else; unfortunately in SG, one of the whatever is a useless piece of invisible certificate. haha. but it's great to know the price is around the F-Pace 3.0. (cheers to not more than 300k).

- Drive and power. Speechless. I forgot how the F-Pace 2.0 diesel drove, suddenly. Maybe I recalled that the 3.0 was nice, somewhat. Sorry fellow enthusiasts, am just your average, easier to please driver, comparing standard car to car drives. 

- Test car comes with Active Exhaust and Matte Black Quad Pipes - So addictive. :(

- Interior build, finishing and quality: You know you are in a Porsche. It's not loud but's special. Felt somewhat XE-ish in the F-Pace; thou' the door panels are completely different and the side grab handles set it apart from the XE. Porsche definitely ahead in this aspect. 

- 5 year warranty and maintenance programme. Peace of mind for 5 years, including wear and tear, save for tyres. So I can be assured that no more money would be flowing out from crazy, costly, repair and maintenance bills - Just make sure to save enough during these 5 years to change to another Porsche when the warranty and maintenance programme expires. 

Pardon me, am not saying the F-Pace is a bad car; it is in its own respect a great car; it's also a slightly bigger car than the Macan. The base F-Pace Diesel is a good 40k+ cheaper than the base Macan, also. But I feel that Jaguar needs to bring the coming Ingenium Petrol 2.0 very soon to give this Porky a good run for it. Diesel will significantly limit its appeal in a petrol-minded SG. 

If your are in the market for the F-Pace, you cannot buy it without having a look at the Macan. 

Ok, my bank account is doomed and am finished,

I am completely sold to Porsche, and the Macan.  :wub: 

Returning to Porsche with a cheque book soon. 

Signing off with one of the best views, money can buy. 

Bro, from my playing around with the online Porsche SG car configurator, seems like any color other than basic black/white need top-up. Also need to topup for reverse camera. Standard car seats also half leather with minimum adjustment. You never gian to top-up the options?

Bro, from my playing around with the online Porsche SG car configurator, seems like any color other than basic black/white need top-up. Also need to topup for reverse camera. Standard car seats also half leather with minimum adjustment. You never gian to top-up the options?

The interior will be a blend ''Leatherette / Alcantara" - confirmed.

Reverse camera with active guide lines, displayed proximity sensors, front and back sensors are standard in the price. 

Ok with white. Worst case top up for silver lor. I told the sales guy I want silver he didnt say must top up. I know the 'palladium'' must pay extra thou. 

Got gian of coz, the active exhaust and bigger rims. Am happy with the 18 inch, 5 spoke rims thou. Tyres not so ex also and easy to clean 5 spoke. (my cars all have 5 spoke rims) hehe. 

But am happy with the base car; I easily contented la. 

↡ Advertisement