Toyota Fortuner 2016

Invigorated

Interior and exterior pics are out! Seems better than the current generation, looking forward to the diesel variant. There also seems to be a little lexus design there in the rear. 7 seaters too so will tick some extra boxes.

Anyone knows when it's hitting our shores?

post-29998-0-64702000-1438705099_thumb.jpg

post-29998-0-35321200-1438705118_thumb.jpg

post-29998-0-50168700-1438705128_thumb.jpg

post-29998-0-50068700-1438705145_thumb.jpg

post-29998-0-71143700-1438705158_thumb.jpg

post-29998-0-74539200-1438705165_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Look so much better than outgoing model. Thats the way to go. Dont make budget model look bugdet.

I disagree. The older one had cleaner lines and less me-too chrome, the front end of the new model is ugly and they messed with the rear pillar lines just as the Discovery Sport decided to emulate it!

As to budget, what a snobby thing to say. It's a value for money work horse of a car, with great passenger configuration flexibility, quick enough through town and very capable off-road and through downpours and ponding... and I always felt safe in it, largely from the commanding driving position with great forward visibility (beware known blind spots).

I ran my AWD version for 10 years hassle free and was sad to see it go last month, for a trade in price (depending on how you look at over-trade - discount on new car or value of old car) of 45% of what I paid for it in 2005 ($98K).

I disagree. The older one had cleaner lines and less me-too chrome, the front end of the new model is ugly and they messed with the rear pillar lines just as the Discovery Sport decided to emulate it!

As to budget, what a snobby thing to say. It's a value for money work horse of a car, with great passenger configuration flexibility, quick enough through town and very capable off-road and through downpours and ponding... and I always felt safe in it, largely from the commanding driving position with great forward visibility (beware known blind spots).

I ran my AWD version for 10 years hassle free and was sad to see it go last month, for a trade in price (depending on how you look at over-trade - discount on new car or value of old car) of 45% of what I paid for it in 2005 ($98K).

The new one not too bad la, maybe with some bodykit, it will look less chromy. Or maybe wait for facelift.

The thais already came out with bodykit, but it's subtle. Like the musculine look though.

post-29998-0-79693000-1439454489.jpg

Interior and exterior pics are out! Seems better than the current generation, looking forward to the diesel variant. There also seems to be a little lexus design there in the rear. 7 seaters too so will tick some extra boxes.

Anyone knows when it's hitting our shores?

what is its spec?

don't tell me still is 2.7NA engine, sibei sluggish .

why no PI import this monster: Handland 2.0T, 220bhp/350Nm

49310792_950.jpg

what is its spec?

don't tell me still is 2.7NA engine, sibei sluggish .

Fortuners are quick enough off the mark, if you don't care too much about fuel economy, but you have to look further down the road, because there's a lot of mass to bring to a quick stop. And it's true, you can't overtake "at will" (the 80 - 120 time is not great), it requires more experience/skill than that, but for Singapore and fearless forays north, it's a champ.

The height now lowered? more carpark friendly...

This model may be affordable, spent a bit more than harrier for a larger and more seats (but slower, less petrol economy).

RX too expensive (possibly can buy 2 harrier for one base model 4th generation RX 2016).

Just drop by showroom earlier, Cos engine remains.. Cevs surcharge still 30,000

Just drop by showroom earlier, Cos engine remains.. Cevs surcharge still 30,000

Turbocharged

sat in the 2016 tomyam model, overall looks good. suspension is pretty good, nowhere close to BMW X series tuning but good for a jap suv. aircon no need to guess v cold. 

(edited)

The toyota highlander/kluger is a much better ride. More refined imo.. drovein OZ land and surprised by how refined the cabin was. anyone has any idea how much of if any dealers are selling?

Edited by Mazdaseller

Turbocharged

The toyota highlander/kluger is a much better ride. More refined imo.. drovein OZ land and surprised by how refined the cabin was. anyone has any idea how much of if any dealers are selling?

the price is also "much better". u pay for wat u get

sat in the 2016 tomyam model, overall looks good. suspension is pretty good, nowhere close to BMW X series tuning but good for a jap suv. aircon no need to guess v cold. 

however so heavy body no snail, worry its under power :a-aggressive: