Toyota Fortuner 2016

Invigorated

Been to vivo road show. Fortuner really has been much more upmarket exterior n interior. Hoerver, still can find cheapo issue - tweeter bezel a bit loose can turn n shake a lil, last row seat still require manual lift up n hook up (at least have damper assist or better still, electric motor w button / switch to match electric tailgate), leather one look can tell local fitted / standard (at least camry obe looked much like factory fitted, or isit).

Really option n interior fit n finish pales in comparison to conti n korean makes. It's as if toyota is sending a very arrogant msg to potential customers - want reliability dont ask for too much.

And consumers in Singapore have been letting BM get away with dumping third world models on us... Fortuner, Avanza...

You see if Toyota dares to come up with such quality for a European-market Auris.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

And consumers in Singapore have been letting BM get away with dumping third world models on us... Fortuner, Avanza...

You see if Toyota dares to come up with such quality for a European-market Auris.

I tell u bro, when I saw wish brown leather seats, previous 3k bodykits that looked like local wavy bodykits, n that still single arnrest for driver, I really made up my mind not to shortlist it anymore.

I think auris should b brought back again, it's so much better, even better than altis. At least more airbags n better fitments n slightly better specs, only lose out on space.

Over 180k on a outdated engine really not worth

• Praise 1

I tell u bro, when I saw wish brown leather seats, previous 3k bodykits that looked like local wavy bodykits, n that still single arnrest for driver, I really made up my mind not to shortlist it anymore.

I think auris should b brought back again, it's so much better, even better than altis. At least more airbags n better fitments n slightly better specs, only lose out on space.

you probably haven't seen Avanza... the radio antenna is still open driver's window then slowly pinch out from the A-pillar manually.

Been to vivo road show. Fortuner really has been much more upmarket exterior n interior. Hoerver, still can find cheapo issue - tweeter bezel a bit loose can turn n shake a lil, last row seat still require manual lift up n hook up (at least have damper assist or better still, electric motor w button / switch to match electric tailgate), leather one look can tell local fitted / standard (at least camry obe looked much like factory fitted, or isit).

Really option n interior fit n finish pales in comparison to conti n korean makes. It's as if toyota is sending a very arrogant msg to potential customers - want reliability dont ask for too much.

Well thats toyota, the designer dunno how to make folded rear seat. Even for vellfire, the last row also the same. They should make it like R class or 2GT, folded into floor then giving more boot space.

And fortuner too high for me. I need to jump in jump out. Exterior slightly similar to innova, interior not bad but abit cramp behind. For that price rather get vellfire or add abit more for discovery sport.

• Praise 1

Over 180k for an outdated engine really not worth

Actually a lot of cars using old engines. The current Mitsubishi outlander also using old engine with a old gearbox.

you probably haven't seen Avanza... the radio antenna is still open driver's window then slowly pinch out from the A-pillar manually.

Ya saw it last year, didn't even wanna mention in MCF. Some more 4 muffled speakers, all for 120k then. Surprisingly, saw few otr. Like back to 80s

Actually a lot of cars using old engines. The current Mitsubishi outlander also using old engine with a old gearbox.

The price is the issue if mfgr was to based on older but proven tech

If this thread continues, most likely due to negative comments rather than ownership.

Had owned this MONSTER for a while.

What I like
1. Unparalleled commanding view of the road 
2. More than adequate power for overtaking
3. Much better handling than my previous Japanese 7-Seater SUV
4. Well-furnished interior...lots of soft leather
5. Spacious interior that can squeeze up to 8pax when needed
6. Comfortable and stable ride for both driver and passengers, esp. on expressways
7. Can mount over kerbs, dividers and obstacles effortlessly to "create more negotiating rooms" when manoeuvring within small roads
8. Reliable car from a known reliable brand

What I do not like
1. Petrol Guzzling
2. Ride was more bumpy than normal SUVs, esp. on normal roads off expressways
3. Insufficient thrust to overtake when driving with a light foot in ECO mode to safe fuel

Current version, don't see many on the roads.

True...I myself wonder why too. The "likes" that I pointed out may not be appealing to most Singaporeans because it is seen as a more refine Hilux pickup. Most Singaporeans don't like the rugged ride I guess. The petrol guzzling is also a big turn off for most too. But to me, nothing beats its commanding drive on the road, where everyone is just below you. It is also one of the best selling SUVs in places like Australia, South Africa, India, etc. where off road driving are more common.

↡ Advertisement